East Palestine resident pleads for help: 'It's hard to breathe'

Why do you insist this had anything to do with the crash. It did not.The NTSB has already said the supposed EC brakes would not have prevented this derailment.That is a failed bearing that caused the derailment and subsequent fire. But the Democrats never let the truth get in the way of a good story.Liars do what liars do.

And if those EC brakes were such an issue why didn't our cocksucking transportation secretary address the so called "problem".He's been in office for 2 years. What has he done besides use his office to jet around the world on personal leave. What a joke.
I am sure that many Republicans also did not agree with the deregulation of train safety. And they would not be lying either.

Rather a childish thing to keep calling "Democrats" liars, without really knowing what actually caused the derailment, and supposing that what Norfolk Southern worked very hard not to make it become the law, really had nothing to do with this derailment, or any of the many others since deregulation took effect.

Right, insult gay people. You are so superior to that, as if man do not make women do the same.

He was a Mayor for 8 years. So, he would know more about transportation than you are assuming to. Sure, blame him and blame Biden and Harris for everything.

But the problem persists that you are on the side which knows nothing and intends to know nothing, and do nothing more than attack the Government because it is Democrats and not Republicans.

This would have happened had Trump stayed in the WH, and NO, he would no more have gone to this accident anymore than he went to any other before in the past 6 years.

Last edited:
You guys keep this up while the United States declines under your iron fist of rule for decades. Republicans have gotten a relief valve on the so-called balloon when empowered. Lord knows they have had opportunities to make real changes. The first two years of Joe besides EO's he had total control in the Congress. So, if there are any Trump edicts you lame him on, Progs are at fault. joe and Jill. Two lifetime parasites who hate their own peasant class.
What decline? You are having a mushroom episode?

Wow, such total uneducated toxic garbage.

Don't choke on it.

we do know what caused the derailment and it wasn't because of some inane argument that Trump was responsible for it. It was a faulty bearing. Ummm, Trump did go to the accident. What other accidents happened of this magnitude under Trump? Booty Judge was an affirmative action hire. 8 years of mayor qualifies him as transportation secretary?...please just stop. He's no more qualified to be Transportation secretary than Harris is to be VP.

That's not partisan that is fact.

This has gone on for long enough. Joe Biden has got to do something about this. It is blatantly obvious at this point that he is letting politics get in the way of helping fellow Americans. He needs to actually go to East Palestine that’s right he’s got a show up there he’s got a prove his critics wrong otherwise he might just be the worst president we’ve ever had in our history. That’s why I’m not calling Joe “President” Biden he doesn’t deserve it.

What about all of the so-called environmental Democrats where are they. Where is Al Gore has he visited Palestine?

What this story is showing us is that the Democrats are biggest hypocrites we could ever imagine. These are our fellow Americans suffering in East Palestine.. Donald Trump was always there when tragedy struck whether it was white people or Black people. Whether it was Biden voters for trump voter he was always there.

This is the story of the year so far. Nothing comes close to this one. It’s a concern that the American citizens of Palestine won’t be able to make enough money they were reporting that people don’t wanna visit the town that people want to leave that business is way down. And worse the health issues they’re having trouble breathing they’re coughing up …. well water is closed literally locked off. We had the government say hey the water is fine in Palestine and yet they’re locking up the well water. That’s what Erin Brockovich was reporting.

Before this thing keeps on getting worse why doesn’t Joe Biden just go to East Palestine and say to the residence hey I’ve had a lot of things on my plate and I’m here for you now and I want to listen to you. He needs to actually go there and put his arms around the citizens give them hugs shake their hands. Be presidential. The longer this thing goes on without Joe showing up the worse it is. If he doesn’t show up at all he is effectively one of the worst Americans in the country.

These people are obviously lying. The EPA already told them the water is fine to drink, the toxins have been removed, all the dead animals / fish have been removed, its safe to go back, and handed out 'Cancer Warning Signs' cards.

If their govt tells them its all okay they can believe it!

:rolleyes:

I saw a clip on Fox that played a clip from CNN or MSNBC and the host brought up the fact that E. Palestine was in a Republican district and was probably the reason they didn't get government help sooner. The bitch was gloating about it.
Wow it’s a disgrace but frankly not too much of a surprise.

Why is it on Joseph Biden (God's choice) to fix this? Why not Mike DeWine? He's the governor of Ohio and this is an Ohio issue. Where are all the cries about "States Rights"? I thought you wingnuts didn't wan the Federal government interfering in state matters?

Where are the Republicans screaming at Norfolk to do something? It's their mess. I thought Republicans wanted the government to stop meddling in the affairs of private corporations?

You all are complete phonies. This is all about hyper-partisan politics for you.
This is Joe Biden’s responsibility brother. Recall the shooting at the tops market in Buffalo my hometown. I was actually in a Tops may be 5 miles away when that shooting occurred. Now Joe Biden visited all of the families of the victims as he should have. The victims we’re all black. But I do wonder what if the victims were white what if they were Trump supporters. Would Biden have been there if so he absolutely should have. He’s the President of the United States is the president of all Americans. He has no excuse …. that on Presidents’ Day he went to Ukraine instead of East Palestine was an absolute disgrace. He can still write the wrongs but it’s going to take a lot the longer it takes him to get the Palestine the worse it is and as I said before if he never shows up …imo he’s one of the worst Americans in our country‘s history.

[ It is only cowardly when the Democrats or the Biden administration do it ]

"The administration was on the ground from day one. I have followed the normal practice of transportation secretaries in the early days after a crash, allowing NTSB to lead the safety work and stay out of their way. But I am very eager to have conversations with people in East Palestine about how this has impacted them," Buttigieg responded.

On a Monday call with reporters, Buttigieg had given a similar answer, saying he was following the common practice of past transportation secretaries in not showing up to the crash site immediately.

SO......if all other Transportation Secretaries, or Presidents, did not RUSH to the site on the first day......

Absolutely Pete should have done just to show......what? Heroic nonsense, get in the way of the people who actually needed to be there.......

Why, Oh, Why, Ohio ?
The same reason they show up after hurricanes or go to places like Ukraine.

It was a train derailment.

She looks like she can breathe. Usually those who complain about not being able to breathe care less about facial cosmetics.

Your blob rarely showed up for any disaster.
Even a train derailment becomes a political pissing match with duopoly dupes.

What a country!

I am sure that many Republicans also did not agree with the deregulation of train safety. And they would not be lying either.

Rather a childish thing to keep calling "Democrats" liars, without really knowing what actually caused the derailment, and supposing that what Norfolk Southern worked very hard not to make it become the law, really had nothing to do with this derailment, or any of the many others since deregulation took effect.
Didn't the NTSB state that a failed wheel bearing is what caused the accident? Didn't they also say that the deregulation you are talking about wouldn't have made any difference?

Right, insult gay people. You are so superior to that, as if man do not make women do the same.

He was a Mayor for 8 years. So, he would know more about transportation than you are assuming to. Sure, blame him and blame Biden and Harris for everything.

Are you really trying to make the case that Pete Buttigieg is doing a good job as Transportation Sec? Or that he was even remotely qualified for that job? Pete got the job precisely because of who he likes to sleep with.

Former SoT Elaine Chao owned a major shipping company and worked in the DoT at various levels at different times in her career including the deputy position.

She was qualified. Pete was the mayor of a large town/small city. His only qualification was the box he checked.

But the problem persists that you are on the side which knows nothing and intends to know nothing, and do nothing more than attack the Government because it is Democrats and not Republicans.

This would have happened had Trump stayed in the WH, and NO, he would no more have gone to this accident anymore than he went to any other before in the past 6 years.

I agree that this accident happens regardless of who's President. What makes you think Trump wouldn't have gone?

Didn't the NTSB state that a failed wheel bearing is what caused the accident? Didn't they also say that the deregulation you are talking about wouldn't have made any difference?

Are you really trying to make the case that Pete Buttigieg is doing a good job as Transportation Sec? Or that he was even remotely qualified for that job? Pete got the job precisely because of who he likes to sleep with.

Former SoT Elaine Chao owned a major shipping company and worked in the DoT at various levels at different times in her career including the deputy position.

She was qualified. Pete was the mayor of a large town/small city. His only qualification was the box he checked.

I agree that this accident happens regardless of who's President. What makes you think Trump wouldn't have gone?
[ What would have made it preventable? They are investigating and will come up with more information at a later date ]

Detailing the report at a Washington, D.C., news conference, Chairwoman Jennifer Homendy said "we know what derailed the train" and addressed the town's worried residents.

"I can tell you this much: This was 100% preventable. We call things 'accidents.' There is no accident. Every single event that we investigate is preventable. So our hearts are with, you know, that the NTSB has one goal and that is safety. And ensuring that this never happens again," she said.

The NTSB will hold a rare field hearting in East Palestine this spring, she said, but added that a final report with recommendations might not be finished for up to two years.

"We know what happened: A wheel bearing failed," Homendy said in an interview with ABC News. "It's looking at the systems, the policies, the procedures that led to this failure that we're going to have to look at and figure out how to prevent this from reoccurring."

Speaking with ABC News, she said the train sensors would not have notified the crew to stop and inspect it until they recorded a temperature of 170 degrees or higher, per Norfolk Southern rules -- and those rules vary among rail companies and are not set by federal regulators.

"It wasn't until it was 253 degrees Fahrenheit above ambient temperature that [the crew] got a notification that they needed to immediately stop and inspect the hot axle and possibly set out the car," Homendy said.

"So we will look at the detectors on this route and determine how far they were from each other, where differences could be -- changes," she said.

we do know what caused the derailment and it wasn't because of some inane argument that Trump was responsible for it. It was a faulty bearing. Ummm, Trump did go to the accident. What other accidents happened of this magnitude under Trump? Booty Judge was an affirmative action hire. 8 years of mayor qualifies him as transportation secretary?...please just stop. He's no more qualified to be Transportation secretary than Harris is to be VP.

That's not partisan that is fact.
Ethanol leak in Fort Worth from a train derailment
Gasoline spill in Iowa from a train derailment

Trump didn't visit either "disaster"...he did have a campaign rally 3 days after the Iowa "disaster" though.

Were you critical of the blob then?

[ What would have made it preventable? They are investigating and will come up with more information at a later date ]

Detailing the report at a Washington, D.C., news conference, Chairwoman Jennifer Homendy said "we know what derailed the train" and addressed the town's worried residents.

"I can tell you this much: This was 100% preventable. We call things 'accidents.' There is no accident. Every single event that we investigate is preventable. So our hearts are with, you know, that the NTSB has one goal and that is safety. And ensuring that this never happens again," she said.

The NTSB will hold a rare field hearting in East Palestine this spring, she said, but added that a final report with recommendations might not be finished for up to two years.

"We know what happened: A wheel bearing failed," Homendy said in an interview with ABC News. "It's looking at the systems, the policies, the procedures that led to this failure that we're going to have to look at and figure out how to prevent this from reoccurring."

Speaking with ABC News, she said the train sensors would not have notified the crew to stop and inspect it until they recorded a temperature of 170 degrees or higher, per Norfolk Southern rules -- and those rules vary among rail companies and are not set by federal regulators.

"It wasn't until it was 253 degrees Fahrenheit above ambient temperature that [the crew] got a notification that they needed to immediately stop and inspect the hot axle and possibly set out the car," Homendy said.

"So we will look at the detectors on this route and determine how far they were from each other, where differences could be -- changes," she said.

There are risks in everything. A ship is safe in the harbor...but that isn't why a ship is built--to stay in the harbor.

Accidents happen. If we drop the speed of every freight train to lessen the likelihood, the next thing you know we'll hear about how inconvenient it is for motorists to wait at rail road crossings.

There are risks in everything. A ship is safe in the harbor...but that isn't why a ship is built--to stay in the harbor.

Accidents happen. If we drop the speed of every freight train to lessen the likelihood, the next thing you know we'll hear about how inconvenient it is for motorists to wait at rail road crossings.

Norfolk Southern wanted certain deregulations. They got it. The report will eventually tell if those regulations would have kept this accident and others from happening, or as badly as they happened.

I will wait for the final say by the experts.

Yes they did.Democrats will keep up their lies no matter how much truth there is to the contrary.

Glad nobody had that attitude when New York City was buried under tons of rubble on 911.

BTW the last time I checked Norfolk and Western is owned by Democrats in the heavily blue state of Virginia....Epic Fail.
Maybe try doing at least a little research.

This is Joe Biden’s responsibility brother. Recall the shooting at the tops market in Buffalo my hometown. I was actually in a Tops may be 5 miles away when that shooting occurred. Now Joe Biden visited all of the families of the victims as he should have. The victims we’re all black. But I do wonder what if the victims were white what if they were Trump supporters.
What would Biden being there have done for this impoverished region? He sent the director of the EPA and the Transportation Secretary, the top 2 people you want seeing this firsthand.

Howdy Doody shuts down no one.
1677518584041.png

Why is it on Joseph Biden (God's choice) to fix this? Why not Mike DeWine? He's the governor of Ohio and this is an Ohio issue. Where are all the cries about "States Rights"? I thought you wingnuts didn't wan the Federal government interfering in state matters?

Where are the Republicans screaming at Norfolk to do something? It's their mess. I thought Republicans wanted the government to stop meddling in the affairs of private corporations?

You all are complete phonies. This is all about hyper-partisan politics for you.
This is politics and TRUMP! has struck the first blow for next year's campaign season. The ads write themselves.

Forum List

Back