East Palestine resident pleads for help: 'It's hard to breathe'

What would Biden being there have done for this impoverished region? He sent the director of the EPA and the Transportation Secretary, the top 2 people you want seeing this firsthand.
It's politics. I thought Quid Pro had been around long enough to know bad optics when he sees them.

It's politics. I thought Quid Pro had been around long enough to know bad optics when he sees them.
Trump is politics, Biden is President. That is why he sent the people there who needed to be there from the Federal government. Trump made a campaign speech when visiting a devastated region. A swing and a miss.

Trump is politics, Biden is President. That is why he sent the people there who needed to be there from the Federal government. Trump made a campaign speech when visiting a devastated region. A swing and a miss.
And Petey boy was quick to blame Trump for his dereliction of duty. No politics there.

Why didnt the same approach apply after the hurricane in Florida? Why didnt it apply to Ukraine? Why didnt it apply to the mass shooting in Buffalo? Joe Biden's presence in those places didn't change a thing.

Why didnt the same approach apply after the hurricane in Florida? Why didnt it apply to Ukraine? Why didnt it apply to the mass shooting in Buffalo? Joe Biden's presence in those places didn't change a thing.

Yea, so why do you think he would keep doing it then?

Yea, so why do you think he would keep doing it then?
Im not saying he should. But you cant have it both ways. Every President who goes to these places does so for political reasons but they want to act like they arent. That's why Biden went to Florida, it's why he went to Ukraine. There are political benefits from going those places. There are political costs for not going to E Palestine.

Im not saying he should. But you cant have it both ways. Every President who goes to these places does so for political reasons but they want to act like they arent. That's why Biden went to Florida, it's why he went to Ukraine. There are political benefits from going those places. There are political costs for not going to E Palestine.
Well, I guess it depends on ones judgement. The old geezer can't go visit every disaster in the country. Did Trump visit Colorado when a mine disaster flooded a river with toxic material that was stored in a mine? Of course not, and while I'm not comparing that to E. Palestine, I also know, without a doubt, that Trump didn't give two shits about the environment then, or now.

The ads write themselves, and to pretend Quid Pro is not about politics is terminally naive.

So how many train derailment sites did Trump visit when he was in office?

Wasn't his visit just for show? A PR stunt for political value. If there were no PR value he'd have never gone.

Trumpyberra, a PR stuntman. No wonder he was the worst president in modern day history.

So how many train derailment sites did Trump visit when he was in office?

Wasn't his visit just for show? A PR stunt for political value. If there were no PR value he'd have never gone.

Trumpyberra, a PR stuntman. No wonder he was the worst president in modern day history.
Of course, it's all politics, that's why TRUMP! went. It's also effective campaign material, and you can count on this showing up in the campaign. You would think that Quid Pro has been around long enough to know bad optics when he sees them, and him missing this is bad optics.

Wth? How’s that on Trump? All accidents are preventable. It happened on Pete’s watch,it’s on him.
What a cop out !!!! When laws are taken away, when rules are deregulated to exchange for profit, THAT is when things happen.

When did deregulation of the rules happen? Why?
Under Trump, pressured by companies like Norfolk Southern.

3 Blind MIce......

Well, I guess it depends on ones judgement. The old geezer can't go visit every disaster in the country. Did Trump visit Colorado when a mine disaster flooded a river with toxic material that was stored in a mine? Of course not, and while I'm not comparing that to E. Palestine, I also know, without a doubt, that Trump didn't give two shits about the environment then, or now.

Trump was a horrible President, politician and is a horrible person. He is Hitler. Same person, why are you criticizing my guy for doing the same things Trump did? Ok that aside

It's not a comparison of what this President did vs what another did per se. We can agree that all these things are done for political reasons. I get why Biden didnt rush out to E Palestine as soon as the train crashed. What I dont understand is once it became a thing why he didnt go. Also politics is optics and the optics of him going to Ukraine (and I know shit like that is planned months in advance) without visiting a disaster area in Ohio are bad. They just are.

What a cop out !!!! When laws are taken away, when rules are deregulated to exchange for profit, THAT is when things happen.

When did deregulation of the rules happen? Why?
Under Trump, pressured by companies like Norfolk Southern.

3 Blind MIce......
1. Which deregulation would have prevented this crash?
2. If you can locate one, why didn't Quid Pro Joe change it? He didn't say a word about rail safety.

And Petey boy was quick to blame Trump for his dereliction of duty. No politics there.
More lies, and you do know that you are telling lies.
Dereliction of duty
We are talking about deregulation of safety rules meant to keep trains safe, as they were before Norfolk Southern and others convinced Trump to deregulate all of those rules.

By all means, please, do not understand what the issue is about.

I think that you are imagining that there are political costs for Biden not going to E. Palestine.

E. Palestine and Ukraine are two totally different issues. Ukraine was approaching its unfortunate first anniversary of war, destruction and loss of lives.
Of course, it's all politics, that's why TRUMP! went. It's also effective campaign material, and you can count on this showing up in the campaign. You would think that Quid Pro has been around long enough to know bad optics when he sees them, and him missing this is bad optics.
Too early to talk about optics, from Biden or Trump, and how the voters will look at this by election 2024.

Too much judgement on what people do not really know much about, especially what the government does first, and who has to go there first before any President shows up.

Again, how many accidents, hurricanes, etc did Trump or Bush show up to, especially before it was time for them to go there?

It just has to look good...........but we'll see how well plays when he never went to one train crash during his term, not even one with fatalities. Goes to show the country that the Neo-GOP is all about setting up Optics. Substance is lacking.

More lies, and you do know that you are telling lies.
Dereliction of duty

We are talking about deregulation of safety rules meant to keep trains safe, as they were before Norfolk Southern and others convinced Trump to deregulate all of those rules.

By all means, please, do not understand what the issue is about.
Those rules were about the braking system. This train crashed due to a failed wheel bearing. That bad wheel bearing may or may not have been caught had there been more time for maintenance or better working conditions at the rail companies. Im pretty sure I've heard that before..... Werent the unions who were going to go on strike doing so because of long hours, no time off, etc. Didnt they warn that maintenance was being neglected because of this and that an accident was going to happen eventually? Didnt the current administration ask for and get the Democrat led Congress to quell that strike via legislation when their brokered deal fell through and that strike threatened the outcome of the (at the time) upcoming elections in 2022? Yeah Im sure I've heard that before....

Forum List

Back