easy recipes ! post some of your favorite recipes here !

yidnar

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2011
Inside your head.
one of the things I like to do is cook ! I will post recipes and simple ways to spice up traditional ways here ! by the way I am by no means a trained chef so if you have a recipe whether its a simple way to add a little kick and flavor to a ham sandwich or a steak dinner post it here !

Last edited:
..and I will eat all of the delicious food posted here...yum:biggrin::p

for starters here is an easy way to add a little kick the next time you are making spaghetti sauce !! simply add a couple of table spoons of French salad dressing to the sauce home made or out of the jar will give it a boost !

Next time you make a ham and cheese sandwich, instead of using regular bread, heat up 2 pieces of garlic toast and make the sandwich out of those. You'll love it.

A simple salad for summer --- I learned this as an au pair boy in France:

Equal amounts of:
  • Endive (called "Belgian Endive" in the States, kind of a bullet-shape thing)
  • Golden Delicious Apple
  • Gruyère cheese (maybe a bit less of this)
Cut the tip and bottom off the endive(s) and dice up the rest into ¼" chunks. Endive is crunchy and kinda bitter. That will be balanced by the sweetness of the apple. Cut that up the same way. Slice cheese in and if desired, can be topped with slivered almonds or walnuts. Dress with a simple oil and vinegar dressing.

Delicious.

Last edited:
I like Negro food. True on that shit.

Ham hocks, jowls, corn bread an' chittlins. Greens oh lordy the greens. Sweet 'tater pie, black-eyed peas, fried okra an' chicken.
Did I say chicken?

Tripe innards an' collard greens. Grits an' all that shit.

I use this bread coating on just about any kind of cutlet or and fish filets. chicken, Veal, Pork, fish and even beef. It works up very quickly if you pound the meats or have them cut in to thinner cutlets.

- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 1-2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup of flour, or so
- with a pinch of salt and pepper on the cutlets or fish
- 2 tbs or so of olive oil depending on how many you are making.
- Bread mixture ingredients below

Bread Coating
Mix about one cup of bread crumbs with about 2-3 table spoons of Parmesan Cheese, (parmigiano reggiano if you have the money), and 2-3 tbs of chopped fresh parsley, (you can use dried parsley as well) maybe a quarter of a teaspoon of salt and an eighth of black pepper.

lightly salt and pepper then dust cutlets or fish in the flour,
then dip in to the beaten eggs,
then coat with the bread crumb mixture

In a skillet heated on medium heat, add 2 tblspoons of olive oil, fry cutlets for about 3-4 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes on the other side.

this mixture is even good on things like fried eggplant...

Forum List

Back