Ebola Confirmed In Texas

If they are so smart then why has EBOLA arrived via international flights?
Because there isn't a travel ban, because they realize Ebola isn't a threat to go epidemic in a 1st world country.

Your lack of concern and FAITH in these countries not to make mistakes with this is your malfunction and not mine.
Yup I'm crazy for putting my faith in scientists/doctors/researchers in developed countries regarding the threat of Ebola in their countries instead of some guy on the message board who's experience on the subject is reading fear mongering shit on the internet.

Only days ago, WND reported the Obama administration’s unwillingness to ban air travel from the West African nations hit by the Ebola outbreak was leaving the United States vulnerable to the disease.

“Until it’s clear that the outbreak has stopped, no one from those three countries should be permitted to enter the U.S. and all visa issuance should be suspended,” contended Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Washington-based Center for Immigration Studies.

CDC officials called a news conference scheduled for 5:30 p.m. EST to release more details about their discovery.
The hospital released the following statement:

Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas has admitted a patient into strict isolation to be evaluated for potential Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) based on the patient’s symptoms and recent travel history. The hospital is following all Centers for Disease Control and Texas Department of Heath recommendations to ensure the safety of patients, hospital staff, volunteers, physicians and visitors. The CDC anticipates preliminary results tomorrow (Wednesday).”

Read more at Breaking Ebola confirmed inside U.S.

Well, it is here folks. What a wonderful president we have. What a wonderful president.

Before you head for the hills or give your 50s bomb shelters a good cleaning out, tularimia (aka the bubonic plague or Black Death) has been here all along. And unlike ebola which is only transmissable through physical contact, tolarimina is spread by flea bites (just as it was in Europe during the Plague.) 5 or so Americans die every year from Plague. But if not freaking out over that, is no reason to panic about ebola.

If they are so smart then why has EBOLA arrived via international flights?
Because there isn't a travel ban, because they realize Ebola isn't a threat to go epidemic in a 1st world country.

Your lack of concern and FAITH in these countries not to make mistakes with this is your malfunction and not mine.
Yup I'm crazy for putting my faith in scientists/doctors/researchers in developed countries regarding the threat of Ebola in their countries instead of some guy on the message board who's experience on the subject is reading fear mongering shit on the internet.

And these experts have DIED over there even knowing how to deal with it.

In Canada they conducted and experiment that proved limited airborne infection.

Again, since the virus has shown up in our country via flights it is apparent that they haven't CONTAINED JACK SQUAT.

Common Sense is to CONTAIN IT............Not a policy, if it gets here we can handle it...........How about not letting it get here.

"Ebola Confirmed In Texas"
Rightwing hysteria, demagoguery, and fear-mongering confirmed on USMB.

Why don't you pull your head out of your ass, Jones. Pay attention to the reality unfolding around you.

I watched two hours on CNN & WND last night on this Texas ebola case. The guy diagnosed is a black Liberian immigrant named Thomas Eric Duncan. He flew to Liberia in the middle of this ebola outbreak to visit relatives. Two days before he returned to the US, he helped a man carry his wife into their house. She was terminally ill with ebola. Four days later, both the husband and wife were dead of the disease. CDC figures this is where Duncan contracted the disease.

He knew he might have the disease, but he flew back to the US nevertheless, potentially infecting airline passengers on two flights. Two days after returning to Texas he started manifesting symptoms of ebola. He went to Presbyterian Hospital's ER, complaining of flew-like symptoms, but he didn't bother telling the ER nurse that he'd just returned from Liberia. He was in high denial mode. The hospital sent him home with some flew medications.

Meanwhile, Duncan was staying at an apartment with three other adults and five children, all the kids attending two different schools where if they were infected with the disease, they could potentially have infected other kids as well. What happens over the next week or so will be telling. Three days after his first ER visit, Duncan was finally diagnosed with Ebola and isolated. CNN spent 15 minutes interviewing frantic parents pulling their kids from schools after the media warned them that their kids may have been exposed to the Ebola virus.

"demagoguery"? Do you need to borrow a crowbar to help pry your head out of your ass, Jones? Ebola is here, in the USA, NOW.

Perhaps he IS smarter...
I'd say definitely not.

We'll check back in a month, see how much horror the guy in Dallas laid out.
The prosecution rests.

Questions remain about how Dallas nurse got Ebola
Questions remain on how Dallas nurse got Ebola - CNN.com

And a day after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said she tested positive for Ebola, health officials are still trying to figure out how exactly she caught it.

"Something went wrong, and we need to find out why and what," said Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

The woman, Nina Pham, took basic precautions while treating Ebola-stricken Liberian national Thomas Eric Duncan at a Dallas hospital. Now she is the first person to have contracted the deadly virus in the United States.

There are few details that are known about what might have gone wrong.

I wonder why CNN is deleting so many of the comments in the comment section of this article. :eusa_think:

The prosecution rests.
Wow, resting on a two person epidemic. Yeah this disease has devastated the United States.

2 too many. Lets hope it stays at that number. Had we banned travel from there, it might have stopped Duncan from coming here. It's not a guarantee, but it would have possibly stopped it from being here at all.

I still question bringing those with the virus out of Ebola Land. A nurse in Spain regrets it now as well.

If you are going to bring anyone back out of there at least set up a place that has experts there only to deal with those catching Ebola. Instead of a regular hospital who may have staff behind the learning curve.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
The prosecution rests.
Wow, resting on a two person epidemic. Yeah this disease has devastated the United States.

2 too many. Lets hope it stays at that number. Had we banned travel from there, it might have stopped Duncan from coming here. It's not a guarantee, but it would have possibly stopped it from being here at all.

I still question bringing those with the virus out of Ebola Land. A nurse in Spain regrets it now as well.

If you are going to bring anyone back out of there at least set up a place that has experts there only to deal with those catching Ebola. Instead of a regular hospital who may have staff behind the learning curve.

Yes, reducing the chances of Ebola mutating and becoming a pandemic. Stop all commercial air flights from West Africa until we know better what we are dealing with. Anyone holding visa or passports from W. Africa can not come here, at this time. France and British airlines are doing the same.

10/14/14 09:22 AM EDT
Global health officials said Tuesday that the death rate in the Ebola epidemic has risen to 70 percent, up from 50 percent.

The World Health Organization (WHO) made the announcement at a news conference in Geneva, where officials said there could be up to 10,000 new cases of the virus every week within two months.

If the effort to fight Ebola is not intensified within 60 days, he said, deaths will mount and the virus will become even harder to control.

:more:

Ebola death rate rises to 70 percent says world health body TheHill

Last edited:
And now we have a third case. . . .

Ebola patient flew on commercial jet; why didn't anyone stop her?
Ebola patient flew day before symptoms - CNN.com

(CNN) -- The day before she went to the hospital with Ebola symptoms, Amber Vinson was flyinghalfwayacross the country on a commercial jet with 132 other people.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Tom Frieden said she never should have stepped foot on the flight, but another federal official told CNN that no one at the agency stopped her.

Before flying from Cleveland to Dallas on Monday, Vinson called the CDC to report an elevated temperature of 99.5 Fahrenheit. She informed the agency that she was getting on a plane, the official said, and she wasn't told not to board the aircraft.

The CDC is now considering putting 76 health care workers at Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas hospital on the TSA's no-fly list, an official familiar with the situation said.
So. . . .

Anyone with a functioning brain KNEW this was inevitable.
This could have been stopped if Obama had looked into it. NO , it is better to be politically correct and not risk offending anyone with a two way travel ban.
Just wait....Those people who were on that flight with this person start presenting with symptoms.
If it had been doing its job all arriving flights would have been screened, and Duncan would have been put in quarantine under medical care. But neither the Obama administration or the CDC have done their job correctly, so one guy is dead, two nurses could be along the way, and hopefully it stops there.

I think of all the Ebola threads, this one is my favorite. It goes back to the very first case and traces the history and spread of the epidemic? Pandemic?

Well, we shall see, won't we?

Guess I'll book mark this one and post each new case here. . . . :rolleyes-41:

I'd say that at this stage of development, an Ebola outbreak in the US is inevitable. It's containment we have to be concerned with. If we can't contain it, if democrats are as grossly irresponsible as they've been about containment with other contagious diseases in the past, then we're fucked.
Well the danger is public events, large social gatherings, and where people meet and are in close proximity to each other for an extended period. What we know is that in the final stages, skin contact does spread the disease - as just touching the pregnant woman Duncan helped (before she died) was enough to give the mourners the disease. Fortunately everyone with the disease in the US is being treated and we know where they are, at least for now.

Well, see, that's the thing. When Duncan was being treated, we didn't know that those two nurses had contracted it.

So now those nurses are being treated.

Do we know for sure that no one is going to get it while they are being treated? Do we know for sure that they haven't spread it to anyone?

It definitely seems to be only contagious in the later stages of the illness.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back