Economics 101

Detroit failed not because of unions ( which are the norm for large companies in Germany ), but because industry moved elsewhere and other companies could provide cars at better prices.
I literally fell out of my chair laughing at this little gem. Why could "other companies provide cars at better prices"? Because they didn't have Detroit's costly unions and Detroit's devastating taxes.

"against all mainstream wisdom of the neo-liberals. We have strong unions, we have strong social security systems, we have high wages. So, if I believed what the neo-liberals are arguing, we would have to be bankrupt, but apparently this is not the case. Despite high wages . . . despite our possibility to influence companies, the economy is working well in Germany."

How Germany Builds Twice As Many Cars As The U.S. While Paying Its Workers Twice As Much

There you go patriot...
Hey genius - BMW and Mercedes are high end automobiles. The low end of their line is generally in the $50k and the median is around $70k. Detroit does not compete with them. At all. You're comparing apples & oranges. Detroit lost out to Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc.

So yeah - Gernany can afford to pay their BMW assembly line workers $67 per hour in total compensation when they are charging $90k per automobile. Let me know when you want to have a discussion rooted in reality. I'll make my self available.

Oh, you mean like Volkswagen and Opel. Your ideas look similar to what I would expect of a janitor. And again, you do not have any chance of discussing reality. Besides you loose every time you try.
I literally fell out of my chair laughing at this little gem. Why could "other companies provide cars at better prices"? Because they didn't have Detroit's costly unions and Detroit's devastating taxes.
Most congenital idiots take a few years to learn how to sit in a chair.
So, we should not try to believe a janitor. Lets see what expert sources say relative to the subject.
1. The american car companies are doing fine, after running into the great republican recession of 2008.
2. Japanese car companies are all heavily unionized, and doing really well, me boy. As are the producers in Germany, Sweden, Japan, and Korea.

Here is a source to help you understand some of the problems american car companies had.

1.DEMAND SHIFT AND UNCERTAIN ENERGY POLICY
Cole says that "The first shot was the dramatic rise in energy prices this past summer. That caused a rapid mix shift in vehicles--and had a major impact on profitability." GM, Ford and Chrysler have relied on SUVs and trucks for the majority of their profits. Those vehicles commanded high sticker prices and by the late nineties made up 50 percent of the U.S. car market. When demand for the big vehicles dropped quickly and customers went for smaller, less expensive, less profitable cars, auto companies had two major issues to deal with: A loss of revenue and a backlog of unwanted trucks. Cole adds, "A big factor is our lack of an energy policy in this country. We just haven't had one. When we do things like corn-to-ethanol that don't have a foundation in economics or technology, you're really kind of teeing up to a situation where you're going to have a problem."

2.THE FINANCIAL MELTDOWN (The Great Republican Recession of 2008)
"The Big Kahuna in this is the financial meltdown," said Cole, "When you're down to 10 or 11 million light-vehicle sales a year, that is such a precipitous fall even from a recessionary standpoint. What has really caused the problem is lack of cash." Wall Street's problems have hit GM in two big ways: The company can't borrow money to ride out the storm, and the credit squeeze has dramatically hindered car sales. The auto industry lives on credit as do its customers, so when access to car loans or leases is limited, sales fall off a cliff. Yearly auto sales in the U.S. have hovered around the 15 to 16 million mark for the past few years and many analysts believe the total for 2008 could be as low as 10 million--the lowest in more than a decade.

3. LEGACY COSTS
Every car GM makes carries "legacy costs"--the costs of providing healthcare and pensions to scores of retired workers. For every GM worker, there are about 10 dependants, which are defined as retired workers and their families. According to Cole, "When the international car companies came to the U.S., the move stuck the domestics with a very large disadvantage related to legacy costs. And that's $2000 a car." That two grand must be built into the sticker price of any new GM car and truck. And that's money on top of developing, producing and marketing a car--costs that Honda, Toyota and others don't have. It makes competing difficult for the domestic automakers, "like playing basketball with a bowling ball," according to Cole. GM's per-hour labor rate for car assembly is about $75 per hour, compared to $40 to $45 for other car companies. That particular disadvantage, says Cole, will be "gone by the end of next year," when a new labor agreement goes into effect.

4. SUB-PAR QUALITY AND LACKLUSTER CARS
Back in the early '80s, while GM president Roger Smith fell in love with the idea of automating workers out of car factories, Toyota and others focused on refining their production techniques and produced much higher quality cars. Customers left GM's brands en masse. The company's market share has fallen from a high of just over 50 percent in 1962 to around 23 percent in 2007. In recent times, the quality gap has narrowed considerably but "perception trails reality," commented Cole. Getting those customers back would require a herculean effort. Vehicle's like GM's very first attempt at a crossover--the sub-par 2001 Aztec--didn't help. Cars like that left customers will little incentive to return.

5. GLOBAL SLOWDOWN
GM operates in 41 countries, and if its U.S. operation has been in decades of decline, other markets have been growing, particularly in Asia. But the financial shock has spread across the globe and sales are down everywhere. In effect, GM is bleeding from several wounds. As the largest of the Big Three, GM has been the focus of the media spotlight. But Ford and Chrysler are facing similar problems. And of course, thanks to many of the same factors, even healthy car companies are feeling the pain. The domestic auto companies weren't the only ones that capitalized on our thirst for light trucks. Half of Toyota's offerings are trucks and minivans. The difference is, Toyota doesn't come into this tough period already weakened by past mistakes.
GM in Crisis—5 Reasons Why America's Largest Car Company Teeters on the Edge

So there you go. Now, the big problem is that with no single payer health system, auto companies had to pay workers health care costs. In all the other countries, the car companies did not have to pay for health care. It was paid for by the gov, from workers direct payments to a single source. - the government was the single payer.

But nice try, me boy. However, using con talking points as a source ensures this is not going to end well for you. Again.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
It's always hilarious to listen to liberals deny reality. Forget about economists for a moment - history has taught us everything we need to know about what works and what doesn't. Everything that liberals desire and insist on was implemented in Cuba. It lead to total collapse. It was implemented in the former U.S.S.R. It lead to total collapse. It was implemented in Cambodia. It lead to total collapse. Hell, even Detroit (which had over 60 years of a Democrat mayor, a Democrat-controlled city council, and the biggest and most powerful unions in the world) collapsed and had to file for bankruptcy. Liberal economic policy is a failed ideology and anyone with an ounce of integrity would admit it.

I love comedy posts. Keep em coming. If I run into anybody who resembles any of those straw men here I'll send them around.
Yeah....keep denying reality. It's such a bright strategy.

Lol like you have some idea about 'reality'... Funny stuff.

His source for his "reality" is the bat shit crazy con web sites and "think" tanks. Poor boy has never seen a reality he liked or agreed with.
Says the Australian who lives with aborigines, mooches off society like a parasite, and never ran a company in his life.

Did someone just hear a janitor questioning the work ethic of a person who attended college through grad school, paid his way entirely and ended up with no debt, and worked at responsible jobs with responsibilities for lots of workers for over 45 years? So, The poor boy can not provide any kind of expertise, is unwilling to find impartial sources, and makes unfounded attacks instead of trying to do so. Yup, we are all impressed with you, Patriot. Thanks for again admitting you are a simple con troll with no ability to address the subject.

Detroit failed not because of unions ( which are the norm for large companies in Germany ), but because industry moved elsewhere and other companies could provide cars at better prices.

Did you notice the part where I said that unions were the norm in large companies?
How do you imagine unions are not a problem in Germany?

So, I'll have to resort to that center of left wigh propaganda ... the forbes magazine

"against all mainstream wisdom of the neo-liberals. We have strong unions, we have strong social security systems, we have high wages. So, if I believed what the neo-liberals are arguing, we would have to be bankrupt, but apparently this is not the case. Despite high wages . . . despite our possibility to influence companies, the economy is working well in Germany."

How Germany Builds Twice As Many Cars As The U.S. While Paying Its Workers Twice As Much

There you go patriot...
Hey genius - BMW and Mercedes are high end automobiles. The low end of their line is generally in the $50k and the median is around $70k. Detroit does not compete with them. At all. You're comparing apples & oranges. Detroit lost out to Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc.

So yeah - Gernany can afford to pay their BMW assembly line workers $67 per hour in total compensation when they are charging $90k per automobile. Let me know when you want to have a discussion rooted in reality. I'll make my self available.

And volkswagen too ?

yes its amazing luck!! They get top dollar and top profit for see how rich I am cars that are not one bit better than cars half the price. And lets not forget that BWM's biggest plant is in the non union part of the USA where they pay $20/hour!!!

Last edited:
No one is advocating for a fully centrally planned dictatorship..

you are but you simply lack the IQ to know it. Libcommie regulation is more extensive than ever now and what do liberal commies like Sanders and Clinton want???? Correct!!!!, more regulation. Its Never Enough( read book by that title) because communism fails and to a liberal that means more communism not less is needed. 1+1=2

yes its amazing luck!! They get top dollar and top profit for cars that are not one bit better than cars half the price. And lets not forget that BWM's biggest plant is in the non union part of the USA where they pay $20/hour!!!

And don't forget about VW.... they also produce high end cars. ( sarcasm intended)

yes its amazing luck!! They get top dollar and top profit for cars that are not one bit better than cars half the price. And lets not forget that BWM's biggest plant is in the non union part of the USA where they pay $20/hour!!!

And don't forget about VW.... they also produce high end cars. ( sarcasm intended)
Had you actually read the article - you would have seen that the first two manufacturers mentioned were BMW and Mercedes. That's where their sales are coming from. Detroit didn't lose business to Germany no matter how hard liberals try that false narrative. They lost business to Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, etc.

Had you actually read the article - you would have seen that the first two manufacturers mentioned were BMW and Mercedes. That's where their sales are coming from. Detroit didn't lose business to Germany no matter how hard liberals try that false narrative. They lost business to Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, etc.

I am not claiming that they lost their business to Germany , but rather that the German car makers were able to transform their business in such a way that they could have successfull companies, increase their car production and have unionized workers. Regardless, Volkswagen is also mentioned in the same sentence; I fail to see the point you are trying to make.

"Yet Germany’s big three car companies—BMW, Daimler DDAIY +% (Mercedes-Benz ), and Volkswagen—are very profitable."

I am not claiming that they lost their business to Germany , but rather that the German car makers were able to transform their business in such a way that they could have successfull companies, increase their car production and have unionized workers. Regardless, Volkswagen is also mentioned in the same sentence; I fail to see the point you are trying to make.

"Yet Germany’s big three car companies—BMW, Daimler DDAIY +% (Mercedes-Benz ), and Volkswagen—are very profitable."
Because two of those three are extremely hight end automakers. Take a look at this page. When some of your automobiles go for over $3 million each - you can certainly afford to splurge on your assembly line workers.

Also - you fail to take into consideration that the U.S. has the highest corporate tax rate in the world. Give us Germany's tax rate and maybe we could pay assembly line workers more. But unfortunately, you lefties want the government to eat up every dollar and control every penny.

The 10 Most Expensive Mercedes In The World

Because two of those three are extremely hight end automakers. Take a look at this page. When some of your automobiles go for over $3 million each - you can certainly afford to splurge on your assembly line workers.

Also - you fail to take into consideration that the U.S. has the highest corporate tax rate in the world. Give us Germany's tax rate and maybe we could pay assembly line workers more. But unfortunately, you lefties want the government to eat up every dollar and control every penny.

The 10 Most Expensive Mercedes In The World

Lets see :
BMW revenues : 80b
Daimler revenues : 149 b
VW revenues : 213

It is clear that VW is by far the largest player , the one producing the cheapest cars... by far.

Second, Germany has also a high tax rate . In 1995 it was even higher than that of the US ( 55% ) and today it is slightly lower ( 29%).

Germany Corporate Tax Rate | 1995-2016 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast

And don't forget about VW.... they also produce high end cars. ( sarcasm intended)[/QUOTE]
Had you actually read the article - you would have seen that the first two manufacturers mentioned were BMW and Mercedes. That's where their sales are coming from. Detroit didn't lose business to Germany no matter how hard liberals try that false narrative. They lost business to Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, etc.[/QUOTE]

"Yet Germany’s big three car companies—BMW, Daimler DDAIY +% (Mercedes-Benz ), and Volkswagen—are very profitable."[/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]

Sorry, me boy. Us companies pay low tax rates. See below, and you will see that German companies pay higher rates than those of the US companies. And it will help you to try to understand the types of taxes and what companies pay.

It has the highest PUBLISHED tax rate. But really, no one cares. Because no one pays the published rate, unless they just like giving money away. What they pay, me poor ignorant con troll, is the effective tax rate, and that is not the highest in the world by any means.

"Large, profitable U.S. corporations paid an average effective federal tax rate of 12.6% in 2010, the Government Accountability Office said Monday.
The federal corporate tax rate stands at 35%, and jumps to 39.2% when state rates are taken into account. But thanks to things like tax credits, exemptions and offshore tax havens, the actual tax burden of American companies is much lower.
Even when foreign, state and local taxes were taken into account, the companies paid only 16.9% of their worldwide income in taxes in 2010."
GAO: U.S. corporations pay average effective tax rate of 12.6%

Relative to those lucky German auto makers, truth is, they pay a higher total ta rate than US car companies do. Next.

While Diamler is very profitable, it is not as profitable as Toyota and VW. And just a bit more so than GM and Ford.

Which are the 10 most profitable car companies of the world and why?Which are the 10 most profitable car companies of the world and why? - Quora
Here are the top 10 according to Forbes 2013 Global 2000 list:

1) Volkswagen Group- Volkswagen Group
2) Toyota Motor- Japan
3) Daimler- Germany
4) Ford Motor- U.S.
5) BMW Group- Germany
6) General Motors- U.S.
7) Nissan Motor- Japan
8) Honda Motor- Japan
9) Hyundai Motor- South Korea
10) SAIC Motor- China
Which are the 10 most profitable car companies of the world and why? - Quora

Last edited:
Had you actually read the article - you would have seen that the first two manufacturers mentioned were BMW and Mercedes. That's where their sales are coming from. Detroit didn't lose business to Germany no matter how hard liberals try that false narrative. They lost business to Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, etc

Sorry, me boy. Us companies pay low tax rates. See below, and you will see that German companies pay higher rates than those of the US companies. And it will help you to try to understand the types of taxes and what companies pay.

It has the highest PUBLISHED tax rate. But really, no one cares. Because no one pays the published rate, unless they just like giving money away. What they pay, me poor ignorant con troll, is the effective tax rate, and that is not the highest in the world by any means.

"Large, profitable U.S. corporations paid an average effective federal tax rate of 12.6% in 2010, the Government Accountability Office said Monday.
The federal corporate tax rate stands at 35%, and jumps to 39.2% when state rates are taken into account. But thanks to things like tax credits, exemptions and offshore tax havens, the actual tax burden of American companies is much lower.
Even when foreign, state and local taxes were taken into account, the companies paid only 16.9% of their worldwide income in taxes in 2010."

Relative to those lucky German auto makers, truth is, they pay a higher total ta rate than US car companies do. Next.

While Diamler is very profitable, it is not as profitable as Toyota and VW. And just a bit more so than GM and Ford.

Which are the 10 most profitable car companies of the world and why?Which are the 10 most profitable car companies of the world and why? - Quora

2) Toyota Motor- Japan
3) Daimler- Germany
4) Ford Motor- U.S.
5) BMW Group- Germany
6) General Motors- U.S.
7) Nissan Motor- Japan
8) Honda Motor- Japan
10) SAIC Motor- China

Florida-based Burger King acquired and merged with Tim Horton’s, under the umbrella company Restaurant Brands International. Now based in Canada, it could avoid $117 million in U.S. taxes by never having to pay corporate income tax on foreign profits it holds offshore.

Why should Burger King have to pay US taxes on foreign profits?

Florida-based Burger King acquired and merged with Tim Horton’s, under the umbrella company Restaurant Brands International. Now based in Canada, it could avoid $117 million in U.S. taxes by never having to pay corporate income tax on foreign profits it holds offshore.

Liberals just can't grasp reality over ideology or basic economics. There are hundreds of billions of dollars overseas propping up other nations while it could be doing wonders for the U.S. economy.

We're in competition for businesses. The nation that offers the best deals (lowest taxes, least labor laws, minimal regulations) wins those businesses - and the subsequent jobs and tax revenues that come with it.

Here is a basic math text for our friends on the left. Despite reaching the highest valuation in history and being flush with $178 billion in cash, Apple took out a loan recently. Why? Because paying the loan back with interest was actually more cost effective than bringing their own $178 billion back into the U.S. and paying taxes on it. So you know how much the government brought in on taxes from it? $0.00. Liberal stupidity at its finest:

40% of $0.00 = $0.00

10% of $178,000,000,000 = $17,800,000,000

That's right - the federal government could have had $17 billion in tax revenue and the U.S. economy could have over a hundred billion floating around. Instead, liberalism delivered $0.00 (as it always does).

Liberals just can't grasp reality over ideology or basic economics. There are hundreds of billions of dollars overseas propping up other nations while it could be doing wonders for the U.S. economy.

We're in competition for businesses. The nation that offers the best deals (lowest taxes, least labor laws, minimal regulations) wins those businesses - and the subsequent jobs and tax revenues that come with it.

Here is a basic math text for our friends on the left. Despite reaching the highest valuation in history and being flush with $178 billion in cash, Apple took out a loan recently. Why? Because paying the loan back with interest was actually more cost effective than bringing their own $178 billion back into the U.S. and paying taxes on it. So you know how much the government brought in on taxes from it? $0.00. Liberal stupidity at its finest:

40% of $0.00 = $0.00

That's right - the federal government could have had $17 billion in tax revenue and the U.S. economy could have over a hundred billion floating around. Instead, liberalism delivered $0.00 (as it always does).
So, that's great that we have a janitor posting drivel about Apple, mostly untrue. And, because as a janitor, and being very knowledgeable about cleaning solutions, the boy expects we should take his word on Apple, and he should not be expected to provide an impartial source.
But, with Patriot, you have to expect lies. And so here is a source in the business of tracking the truth about taxes. They are an actual expert on taxes and those ripping off the system. And by looking at their information, you can actually learn something. Though they have no janitors writing for them:

"APPLE IS A BAD APPLE WHEN IT COMES TO PAYING ITS TAXES

The Apple Corporation wants lawmakers in Washington to once again grant a repatriation tax holiday – this time for up to $1.7 trillion in profits that multinational corporations are holding offshore. Federal law allows corporations to “defer” paying U.S. income taxes on these foreign profits until they are brought back or “repatriated” to the United States.

This tax holiday is being sold to the public as a boon to new investment and job creation as it was sold to Congress in 2004 ( Hmmmmm. Under W ) when the first repatriation holiday was enacted. Under that scheme, corporations were able to bring their profits back and pay a tax rate of no more than 5.25 percent – rather than the statutory rate of 35 percent or a lower effective tax rate.

Numerous reports, including one by the Congressional Research Service,http://www.usmessageboard.com/file:...e When It Comes To Paying Its Taxes.doc#_edn1 found that “there is no evidence that [the tax holiday] increased U.S. investment or jobs, and it cost taxpayers billions,” according to a senior U.S. Treasury Department official.[ii]

Apple may even be working with many of its multinational colleagues to push for a territorial tax system, another huge giveaway to profitable corporations at the expense of all American taxpayers. A territorial tax system is in effect a permanent repatriation tax holiday. Under it, U.S. corporations would never have to pay U.S. corporate taxes on their overseas profits, thereby encouraging companies to use numerous tax dodges to shift capital to overseas tax havens that assess little or no corporate income tax, risking wages and jobs at home.

It’s time for Apple to start paying its fair share of taxes and for the U.S. Congress to reform the tax system so that companies like Apple can no longer defer paying taxes on their profits no matter where they are earned. If deferral were ended it would not matter which tax loopholes a company used to shift its profits to overseas tax havens – those profits would still be subject to U.S. taxes, minus the taxes paid in the jurisdiction where they were claimed as earned.

Below is a compilation of ways that Apple currently avoids paying its fair share of taxes:

• Apple’s stated effective federal corporate income tax rate of about 25 percent is well below the statutory rate of 35 percent, which Apple and other large multinational corporations complain so much about. Apple’s SEC filings show effective tax rates of approximately 25.2 percent, 24.2 percent, and 24.4 percent for 2012, 2011, and 2010, respectively.[iii] Apple’s profits those years were $55.8 billion, $34.2 billion and $18.5 billion, respectively.[iv]
But doubts have been raised about the accuracy of Apple’s claimed federal tax bill due to the use of foreign tax dodges and other loopholes:

• Tax Analysts: “If Apple followed usual reporting practices, its reported worldwide effective tax rate would have been 15 instead of 24 percent,” in 2011.[v]
  • New York Times: “[Apple] paid cash taxes of $3.3 billion around the world on its reported profits of $34.2 billion [in 2011], a tax rate of 9.8 percent. (Apple does not disclose what portion of those payments was in the United States, or what portion is assigned to previous or future years.) By comparison, Wal-Mart last year paid worldwide cash taxes of $5.9 billion on its booked profits of $24.4 billion, a tax rate of 24 percent, which is about average for non-tech companies.”[vi]
  • Apple had $82.6 billion in offshore profit holdings in 2012, much of it in tax havens, on which the company owes U.S. federal income taxes.
  • Apple increased its profits held offshore by more than 50 percent over 2011, when it had $54.3 billion offshore.[vii]
  • Apple says it would owe $28.5 billion on these profits if it brings them back to the United States – $14.7 billion in deferred tax liabilities overseas and another $13.8 billion in “unrecognized deferred tax liability” from money it intends to keep perpetually out of the U.S.[viii] That’s nearly a 35 percent tax rate, which means nearly all of Apple’s overseas profits are in tax havens that charge little if any corporate income tax.
  • According to The New York Times: “As it has in Nevada, Apple has created subsidiaries in low-tax places like Ireland, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and the British Virgin Islands — some little more than a letterbox or an anonymous office — that help cut the taxes it pays around the world.”[ix]
  • Apple pays less than 2 percent tax on its foreign profits. As Tax-News.com notes, “During the year to end-September this year, Apple’s effective tax rate was 25.2%; comparable with the 24.2% and 24.4% it paid in 2011 and 2010, respectively. While its foreign earnings have therefore been increasing rapidly, it has maintained effective tax rates on non-US earnings at 1.94%, 2.5% and 1.24% in 2012, 2011 and 2010, respectively.”[x]
  • Apple uses foreign tax havens to claim that just 30 percent of its profits are from the United States. It’s quite likely that much of Apple’s profits were actually earned in the United States but have been artificially shifted to foreign tax havens to avoid U.S. corporate income taxes. According to Tax Analysts:[xi]
  • “Apple does most of its research in the United States. Most of its key employees are in the United States. Fifty-four percent of its long-lived assets, 69 percent of its retail stores, and 39 percent of its sales are in the United States.”
  • “In Apple’s case, can there be any doubt that most of its value is created inside the United States? If we assume, conservatively, that 50 percent of profits should be U.S. sourced, then Apple’s federal taxes would have been $2.4 billion more in 2011.”
  • “Given the pivotal importance to Apple’s success of product design and other functions performed in the United States, one could reasonably expect U.S. profits to be 70 percent of the worldwide total. In this case, payments to the U.S. government would have been $4.8 billion more in 2011.”
  • U.S. taxpayers provided $3.2 billion in tax subsidies for Apple’s rich corporate pay packages that the company never actually pays. Apple enjoyed $3.2 billion in stock option tax breaks from 2010 to 2012 – 12 percent of the $27.3 billion in excess stock option tax benefits granted to 280 Fortune 500 companies studied by Citizens for Tax Justice (CTJ).[xvii] Some argue that this tax break encourages excessive corporate pay packages. Here’s how it works, according to CTJ: “Most big corporations give their executives (and sometimes other employees) options to buy the company’s stock at a favorable price in the future. When those options are exercised, corporations can take a tax deduction for the difference between what the employees pay for the stock and what it’s worth (while employees report this difference as taxable wages).”
  • Apple’s tax dodging makes other industries pay more. “Over the last two years, the 71 technology companies in the Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index — including Apple, Google, Yahoo and Dell — reported paying worldwide cash taxes at a rate that, on average, was a third less than other S.& P. companies’,” according to The New York Times.[xviii]
  • Most of Apple’s undistributed foreign profits appear to be invested in the U.S. tax free. Apple complains that its foreign profits are sitting offshore and not able to be invested in America because it does not want to pay its effective corporate income tax rate. But a recent U.S. Senate study found that between 76 percent and 100 percent of Apple’s undistributed accumulated foreign earnings in 2010 were either held in U.S. bank accounts or in U.S. investments.[xix]
  • Apple was a member of the WIN America Campaign, a short-lived effort fighting for a corporate repatriation tax holiday in 2011.[xx]?"
Bad Apple

So, since nearly every republican in congress and their brain dead con trolls want to see taxes not paid by corporations, who pay their politicians and web sites and writers of talking points. But they are fine with us paying taxes. And covering for the corporations who do not pay taxes.
In addition, it is apparently not possible for a janitor to find an impartial source to find the truth. Nor would a janitor care. Much easier to simply troll the con talking points on bat shit crazy con sites. Why use your brain. If you had one.
If you looked at the last tax holiday, and the current efforts at politicians to get a new one for their benefactors, the rate to bring the hidden money back to the us would not be 10%, but closer to 5%. But, being a con troll, it is simply easier to lie.

Had you actually read the article - you would have seen that the first two manufacturers mentioned were BMW and Mercedes. That's where their sales are coming from. Detroit didn't lose business to Germany no matter how hard liberals try that false narrative. They lost business to Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, etc

2) Toyota Motor- Japan
3) Daimler- Germany
4) Ford Motor- U.S.
5) BMW Group- Germany
6) General Motors- U.S.
7) Nissan Motor- Japan
8) Honda Motor- Japan
10) SAIC Motor- China

If you are a con tool, they should not. To rational people, we simply need to change the laws to be sure they do pay. Or we simply shut them down here, and allow them to move to Canada. Others companies can easily take up the slack. And they may be more capable of paying their fair share of taxes. Simple enough thought process: If they want to do business here, and sell in this country, they need to pay their fair share. If not, there is always Canada, or Mexico, or Bangladesh, or, or or or. Get the cons to pay your fair share.

40% of $0.00 = $0.00

So, that's great that we have a janitor posting drivel about Apple, mostly untrue.
Why is it you claim everything is "untrue" but then are unable to articulate what exactly was "untrue"? What part of what I said was "untrue"?

Listening to you drone on about stuff you don't understand is mind-numbing. There is a reason you've spent your life as a ward of the state junior. There is a reason you're illiterate. And you still haven't told us what country you are from. Why are you so ashamed of it?

And so here is a source in the business of tracking the truth about taxes. They are an actual expert on taxes and those ripping off the system. And by looking at their information, you can actually learn something.
"American's For Tax Fairness"?!? That's your source?!? Bwaahahahahha!!! It's a bunch of libtards like yourself who are jealous of successful people - just like you are.

:lmao:

Forum List

Back