Economy Contracts 4.8% In First Quarter

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
We all knew there would be negative growth in the first quarter of the year.

This is no surprise.

Will things get better?

I don't know. I see some states opening up too soon, before the 14 day of no new cases requirement, which could cause another outbreak and things get worse. The shutdowns could happen again in those states while other states stay shutdown.

This hodgepodge of different things being done by different areas of the nation may not be a good idea. It could be a prescription to keep that virus alive and spreading in our nation which will harm the economy more.

My education isn't in science or medicine so I can't say what will happen in regard to the virus. My education is in accounting and finance. Economics was required all of the years I went to school. I worked in the accounting field until the mid 90s.

My education and experience is telling me that we have not gotten to the worst of the economic problems. I hope I'm wrong but it sure looks to me like we will be faced with economic problems from this virus for a while.

Especially when we have politicians who pass multi trillion dollar so called stimulus bills that don't stimulate the proper areas while the wrong people get the stimulus. Especially when we have conservative economics driving our economy. It will only end up making things worse.

We need to return to proper responsible economics. Not this conservative created accounting scam economy.

This is no surprise.

Will things get better?

I don't know. I see some states opening up too soon, before the 14 day of no new cases requirement, which could cause another outbreak and things get worse. The shutdowns could happen again in those states while other states stay shutdown.

This hodgepodge of different things being done by different areas of the nation may not be a good idea. It could be a prescription to keep that virus alive and spreading in our nation which will harm the economy more.

My education isn't in science or medicine so I can't say what will happen in regard to the virus. My education is in accounting and finance. Economics was required all of the years I went to school. I worked in the accounting field until the mid 90s.

My education and experience is telling me that we have not gotten to the worst of the economic problems. I hope I'm wrong but it sure looks to me like we will be faced with economic problems from this virus for a while.

Especially when we have politicians who pass multi trillion dollar so called stimulus bills that don't stimulate the proper areas while the wrong people get the stimulus. Especially when we have conservative economics driving our economy. It will only end up making things worse.

We need to return to proper responsible economics. Not this conservative created accounting scam economy.

Thanks, Obama! In February 2020, Obama was still claiming credit for the US economy

But for the Obama Funded Wuhan Flu, we'd be in a whole different situation

Because places can not stay shut down forever, and do keep in mind that plenty of places never did shut down even once, the best thing for anyone to do is take personal responsibility as best as they can or want to. In other words, people should continue to wash hands, wear masks, and remain distant from other people as much as possible.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

This is no surprise.

Will things get better?

What did you expect when your communist Chinese buddies hit us with a WMD, moron?

Forum List

Back