Economy stalls

This is quite precious - we have Saveliberty attempting to tell the class that money and USD's are not liquid assets. You can learn a lot reading this thread, you can separate the morons from the rest of the group.

For those keeping score at home, almost the whole POINT of having money is to create a purely liquid asset as a medium of exchange.

No, you implied cash was the most liquid of all assets. You were easily proven incorrect. Then you deflected in shame. Quite amusing.

You got the quote?

the fact that austerity failed yet again is ignored by the right in this country.

They are nutters in a religion called republicanism

Do you actually believe America can survive and thrive when our investment community views Obama as an anti-business Marxist waiting to punish their every success?

It's the un-American wingnuts who would rather see Obama fail than put America first.
The fact that we want him to fail IS putting America first. The bastard is out to ruin America and create a new Marxist state.

I will do all I can to make him fail at that.

In your view wanting Obama to fail IS putting America first? OMG! You are clearly putting your ideology first! About the only person who will fall for the load of BS would be another narrow-minded fellow ideologue and that would be it.
Look, I'm no fan of Obama and I guarantee I will not vote for the man in November. When I read/hear that load of BS you posted, I think of every single person who loses their job, home, future,,basically everything they live for and that's fine with people like you, it's good for your ideology and THAT'S what so friggen important to you!
Fuckin loser.

This is quite precious - we have Saveliberty attempting to tell the class that money and USD's are not liquid assets. You can learn a lot reading this thread, you can separate the morons from the rest of the group.

For those keeping score at home, almost the whole POINT of having money is to create a purely liquid asset as a medium of exchange.

No, you implied cash was the most liquid of all assets. You were easily proven incorrect. Then you deflected in shame. Quite amusing.

You got the quote?

Look it up yourself. I'm not your bitch bitch.

You got the quote?

Look it up yourself. I'm not your bitch bitch.

It's not like you've got an actual rough idea of where it is and could probably produce it in like 5 seconds, whereas I'd have to scour through 10 pages of shit to find it, but yeah, alright, I'll do it myself.

Holy shit! You really ARE trying to claim you meant that the British Pound hit a daily high point?

No one believes you.

The GBP is not as liquid an asset as the US dollar. Try using the GBP as a reserve currency, or using it to buy oil.

You seem to be splitting hairs now. If I want to keep money liquid why do I buy oil? Wouldn't you be better served with an EFT in oil?

If you wanted to keep your money in pure liquid form, you would...keep your money, in money...specifically, USD's.

Is this the one?

You seem to be splitting hairs now. If I want to keep money liquid why do I buy oil? Wouldn't you be better served with an EFT in oil?

If you wanted to keep your money in pure liquid form, you would...keep your money, in money...specifically, USD's.

Is this the one?

One of several. Hey, sorry about the other post. I spent considerable time going over a 690+ post thread yesterday to prove a point with a lunatic. Just wasn't up to taking time tonight. My apologies.

Is this the one?

One of several. Hey, sorry about the other post. I spent considerable time going over a 690+ post thread yesterday to prove a point with a lunatic. Just wasn't up to taking time tonight. My apologies.

Ahhh, this makes me feel bad now, because I'm kinda gonna agree with the other guy. I think it pretty clearly means US dollar denominated deposits.

Is this the one?

Ahhh, this makes me feel bad now, because I'm kinda gonna agree with the other guy. I think it pretty clearly means US dollar denominated deposits.

The poster in question was complaining about being very specific in regards to another poster's comments. I was simply taking him to task. Don't feel bad. This is a message board. Form opinions and post.

The poster in question was complaining about being very specific in regards to another poster's comments. I was simply taking him to task. Don't feel bad. This is a message board. Form opinions and post.

Fair enough.

Take a $100 bill into some stores and watch them tell you they can't accept it. Now take out your debit card with more than $100 in the account.
i don't know when this would ever occur, but hypothetically, what if you had both, the $100, and the debit card; could you (hypothetically) pay in cash, and have the change credited to the card (strangely similar to paying with paper currency & metal coinage) ?

Last edited:
Does anyone feel their personal financial recovery in the last three and one half years matches what the government tells us it was?

Our financial "recovery" actual was a planning for the future based on the past. The second the last Glass-Steagall prohibition was stricken in the late 90s, we knew (our family) that a crash was inevitable because commercial and investment banking (when the matrix is not regulated) always leads to personal and social greed.

So we kept back 30% of our profits and put them into easily managed assets to be ready,

We have been buying steadily for four years.

Other folks' personal and social greed, uncontrollable and unsustainable, creates windfall opportunities for those who believe in personal accoutability,

No, Bripat. They are not IOU's. They are interest-bearing debt instruments - and standard bonds can be traded at any value regardless of what the stream of payments is established to be.

Redeeming a US bond consists of the government providing you with the amount of the bond plus the interest gained. How can the government pay that if there isn't actual money sitting in an account somewhere?

That's why they have to increase the debt ceiling to pay for it. Because it ISN'T THERE. They had to borrow money from the public to fill the trust fund with bonds, and then they have to borrow money to pay the public back on the bonds.

When are you going to get tired of this?

Last edited:

No, you implied cash was the most liquid of all assets..

Oh really now? Can you show us that, please?

How big of an idiot do you have to be, in order to request someone show you an implication?

How big of an idiot do you have to be, in order to request someone show you an implication?

Says the idiot that thought he was talking about physical cash. Only an idiot would have thought that, only a bigger idiot wouldn't admit that they were wrong and continue to stick with their ridiculous viewpoint, despite how wrong they've been shown to be.

Says the idiot that thought he was talking about physical cash. Only an idiot would have thought that, only a bigger idiot wouldn't admit that they were wrong and continue to stick with their ridiculous viewpoint, despite how wrong they've been shown to be.

If you repeated it enough, some of your idiot friends might start to believe it.

Dream on, wingnuts...

Do you actually believe America can survive and thrive when our investment community views Obama as an anti-business Marxist waiting to punish their every success?

It's the un-American wingnuts who would rather see Obama fail than put America first.

And it's the unintelligent Obamabots that can't seem come to reality with the fact that Obama has failied, is scandal plagued, is dangerously growing the deficit to unthinkable levels, his war on oil is KILLING America at the pump and his great legacy is his able to turn back the college on race relations, which a President like him should have easily be able to enhance them!

If you repeated it enough, some of your idiot friends might start to believe it.

Forum List

Back