Egypt has high hopes for tourism despite grim statistics, minister tells Reuters

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It would be nice if Egypt could increase the number of people who visit since tourism is a big plus for the country. However, I would think that people would think twice about going there with what has been going on. the same as I think people are changing their plans about going to Turkey.

Egypt has high hopes for tourism despite grim statistics, minister tells Reuters

Reuters , Sunday 10 Apr 2016

2016-635958859802084896-208.jpg

Egyptian Tourism Minister Yehia Rashed speaks during an interview with Reuters at his office in Cairo, Egypt, April 7, 2016 (Reuters)

line_re.jpg

Related
line_re.jpg

line_re.jpg

line_re.jpg

line_re.jpg

line_re.jpg

Egypt is confident of luring back millions of foreign visitors and putting a smile on their faces, according to its new tourism minister, despite heavy first quarter losses and setbacks including the downing of a Russian passenger plane.

Yehia Rashed said the ancient land of the pyramids and Red Sea resorts was determined to secure a strong recovery even though the number of foreign tourists fell by 40 percent in the first quarter of 2016, compared with the same period last year.

The most populous Arab nation aims to attract 12 million tourists by the end of 2017 with a six-point plan, he said.

"I am very hopeful, optimistic about the future of tourism into Egypt," Rashed told Reuters in an interview. "I want to get that smile that you are smiling into the faces of everybody. We want to stay positive."

Continue reading at:

Egypt has high hopes for tourism despite grim statistics, minister tells Reuters - Economy - Business - Ahram Online?

Forum List

Back