Election Interference: Here are the Four Colorado Justices Who Voted to Exclude Donald Trump from the 2024 Ballot

And this is exactly why you are ignorant that there was a public trial in Colorado, ignorant about the J6 Committee findings, ignorant about what the 14th says and means.

Ignorant!
The Senate said not guilty twice. Stupid.

I’m just debating the topic. Doesn’t have anything to do with my personal views. Personally I don’t think Trump should have been disqualified from the ballots. I do think he had responsibility in the insurrection and should be nowhere near public office… but if he is going to be blocked from running he would need to be convicted of the crime. The state waited too long to bring charges and is still taking too long so in my opinion they blew it on these charges.
Two courts have said he is a insurrectionist, couldn't be simpler. How in the hell do you think he got thrown off the ballot.

You’re ignoring the fact the an aqusation was made, brought to court, tried with evidence and arguments, and then deliberated on by a judge. Why are you trying to distort that ?
Lie.

There was no trial. There was no evidence. There is no legal determination from any court determining that President Trumo was involved in any alleged insurrection.

Why are you outright lying?

Two courts have said he is a insurrectionist, couldn't be simpler. How in the hell do you think he got thrown off the ballot.
Minnesota I believe is up next then Michigan and then 9 more are lined up and if the supreme court which has been waving the flag of states right like a banchee. Doesn't appose dictatorship then all 50 states will make their decision. That's how the law works, I don't care how the piece of shit losses , he comes with dictatorship and I believe in our democracy.

Lie.

There was no trial. There was no evidence. There is no legal determination from any court determining that President Trumo was involved in any alleged insurrection.

Why are you outright lying?
Because truth is of no value

Partial credit.

Now, delve a lot deeper. What was “originally meant,” at the time of the writing of the 14th Amendment, regarding the claim that a candidate for office had “engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the [the United States], or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof”?

Also, what’s the actual basis for your claim?

Okay my fellow MAGAs and law abiding citizens. Should they be given the treatment like Kavanaugh and Amy Barrett got outside their homes by radical leftists? They've been identified. They've committed treachery!

colorado-democrats.jpeg

==>Trump evidently incited the masses. His words ==> " walk down to the capital. " " show strength. " etc. But I don't think he expected any violence or riots. Obviously, Trump couldn't control the mob.

Insurrection?

According to the US Constitution, insurrection refers to a violent uprising or rebellion against the government authority of the United States. It specifically relates to an act of rebellion by a group of individuals seeking to overthrow or challenge the established laws and order of the country.

Some examples of violent uprisings or rebellions against the government include:

1. The American Revolution (1775-1783): The colonists in the American colonies rose up against British rule, leading to armed conflict and ultimately the establishment of the United States as an independent nation.

2. The Whiskey Rebellion (1791-1794): Farmers in the western regions of Pennsylvania protested against a federal tax on whiskey, which they viewed as unfair. The rebellion was forcefully suppressed by the US government.

3. Nat Turner's Rebellion (1831): Enslaved African American Nat Turner led a violent rebellion in Virginia, resulting in the deaths of several dozen white individuals and prompting harsher laws against enslaved people.

4. The New York City draft riots (1863): During the American Civil War, working-class individuals in New York City violently protested against the federal draft law, leading to days of rioting, destruction, and the targeting of African Americans and abolitionist-leaning institutions.

5. The Bonus Army (1932): Thousands of World War I veterans marched to Washington, D.C., demanding early payment of their promised bonuses. When their demands were not met, clashes with law enforcement occurred, resulting in several deaths and injuries.

While these examples involve violent uprisings or rebellions against the government, not all insurrections may be classified as such. Peaceful protests, civil disobedience, and nonviolent resistance can also be forms of challenging the government, even if they do not involve armed violence.

==>So, if Trump can prove that the election was actually rigged, then, that's not insurrection. It's called " Being against corruption ".

==>If I was a judge, I would give Trump a chance to prove himself in court. I think that's a fair lawfare.
:)

I understand why and how Colorado did it… I agree that Trump hold responsibility in the insurrection. I just think in the end this move is going to help Trump and start in motion a very unhealthy ping pong cycle of litigation

Unfortunately the rest of the article is paywalled:

The Colorado Supreme Court has left the justices of the United States Supreme Court in the very uncomfortable position of having to prove that they have the courage of their stated convictions.

Yesterday, Colorado’s high court ruled in a 4–3 decision that former President Donald Trump, because of his attempts to overturn the results of the 2020 election, is disqualified from appearing on the ballot in Colorado, based on Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. The language of that section, written in the aftermath of the Civil War to disqualify former Confederates who had taken up arms against the United States in defense of the institution of human bondage, is short and simple:

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
There is no language limiting the power of the section to former Confederates, however, and its scope is sweeping, with no requirement that those engaged in the specified conduct be convicted. Indeed, given the number of people who served in the Confederate army and governments, such a requirement would have been impractical.

BackAgain

Minnesota I believe is up next then Michigan and then 9 more are lined up and if the supreme court which has been waving the flag of states right like a banchee. Doesn't appose dictatorship then all 50 states will make their decision. That's how the law works, I don't care how the piece of shit losses , he comes with dictatorship and I believe in our democracy.
If he is elected by popular vote will you still believe in democracy?

Not responsive.

But I didn’t expect anything responsive from a weak link like you.

Let’s try again:

Your usual gibberish aside, just make one coherent statement:

What is the test for ascertaining whether a candidate, who is “accused” of having participated in some alleged “insurrection,” actually qualifies as a person who participated in an insurrection?

Who gets to make that call? In what standards? You and some other random liberals at USMB make the claim; but is that’s all that’s required?

Yiur answer ought to be “no.” For otherwise I’ll just make the claim about the candidates like Potato. No further prof required.

And if you try to cite to some judge making the claim in some lower court decision, then what is the standard of review on appeal. Indeed, what was the factual basis for some judge making that claim in his or her decision? Any evidence at all or is it just that it “feels” insurrectiiony to them?

Forum List

Back