Election Interference: Here are the Four Colorado Justices Who Voted to Exclude Donald Trump from the 2024 Ballot

The left alteady crossed that line

So you are too late

If only you had taken a stand when it meant something

I was against it when the lefty’s did it to McConnell and kavanaugh also…but I’m only one person…

He isn’t being jailed and the constitution doesn’t say there needs to be a criminal conviction. So your points aren’t quite hitting the mark
He doesn’t need to be jailed in order for a conviction to be a prerequisite.

Again: you may maintain (absent any proof of any kind) that Trump assisted in some alleged “insurrection.”

But your assertion isn’t sufficient to trigger the disqualification provision of the 14th Amendment. Oh wait.

That’s right, I almost forgot. That must be the test. “Some guy made the accusation” just MUST be all that’s required.

What was I thinking?

But Colorado kind of did this. By them ruling him ineligible to be on the ballot, they essentially have convicted him of insurrection, without even a charge or a trial.

But it does say that Congress (the federal Congress) enforces the provisions of the amendment through legislation. They did this by passing 2383. So, the legal statute is there, but you don’t have to be charged with it? So if a court just feels you committed insurrection, then you are guilty of it? Without being charged and tried?

Also, Colorado state Supreme Court is using the 14th amendment to disqual him, but the 14th amendment is a federal issue, and it charges the federal congress to enforce it. Do state courts even have legal jurisdiction?
There is also a statute for rioting yet people who are engaged in rioting don’t always get charged and convicted of rioting. They get charged with assault, arson, destruction of property, trespassing etc.

I don’t know who Jocelyn benson is..I didn’t follow the story..but I’ve been consistent about protesting outside people’s homes.

Also..why are you arguing with me here? I’m trying to defend against the question of if right wingers should protest outside democrat judges homes…. I would think you’d be supportive of that..

Wow, even if you try to defend democrats…you get smacked around in here lol…
Maybe I didn't read your post correctly. Apologies!

And this is exactly why you are ignorant that there was a public trial in Colorado, ignorant about the J6 Committee findings, ignorant about what the 14th says and means.

Ignorant!

Talk about ignorant - an insurrection without weapons? How stupid can you get? Insurrection means you take up arms. It means you have at least a few swords and guns and cannons and stuff.

You got some fucktard moron activist judge in the middle of Libtard Central wearing a tin foil hat.

That wasn't no insurrection, it was barely even a protest. "Insurrection" is another one of those idiotic libtard fantasy-delusions, like the dossier, like the hookers and pee tapes, like all the crap the left claims Trump said that he never said.

Leftards are not very bright.

A public trial?

Cite it.
1703127109125.png

1703127219568.jpeg

There is also a statute for rioting yet people who are engaged in rioting don’t always get charged and convicted of rioting. They get charged with assault, arson, destruction of property, trespassing etc.
I've been trying to think of an analogy. Thank you.

BTW, CO SC also relied partly on rulings from Justice Neil Gorsuch, who had Colorado in his judicial district.

Time and manner, qualification is a federal issue I think. However, if that’s the move you all want to make, then feel free to push it…I just don’t think it’s going to work out in your favor. Remember, repubs still control more state legislatures.. repubs control enough electoral votes to give repubs the presidency if they wanted to remove Biden from their ballots.

I mean, sure..go for it I guess…
I’m just debating the topic. Doesn’t have anything to do with my personal views. Personally I don’t think Trump should have been disqualified from the ballots. I do think he had responsibility in the insurrection and should be nowhere near public office… but if he is going to be blocked from running he would need to be convicted of the crime. The state waited too long to bring charges and is still taking too long so in my opinion they blew it on these charges.

Trump will be on the ballot in Colorado. The Republicans have already said if necessary they won’t even have a primary, they will go the caucus route and the court can’t regulate the internal decisions of a political party. These idiots have shot themselves in the foot AGAIN. Every time they do something stupid like this support grows for Trump among the independents who actually decide elections.
Too funny…
A caucus rather than a primary makes Trump no more eligible to be on the ballot than crying about insurrection does.

He doesn’t need to be jailed in order for a conviction to be a prerequisite.

Again: you may maintain (absent any proof of any kind) that Trump assisted in some alleged “insurrection.”

But your assertion isn’t sufficient to trigger the disqualification provision of the 14th Amendment. Oh wait.

That’s right, I almost forgot. That must be the test. “Some guy made the accusation” just MUST be all that’s required.

What was I thinking?
You’re ignoring the fact the an aqusation was made, brought to court, tried with evidence and arguments, and then deliberated on by a judge. Why are you trying to distort that ?

But Colorado kind of did this. By them ruling him ineligible to be on the ballot, they essentially have convicted him of insurrection, without even a charge or a trial.

But it does say that Congress (the federal Congress) enforces the provisions of the amendment through legislation. They did this by passing 2383. So, the legal statute is there, but you don’t have to be charged with it? So if a court just feels you committed insurrection, then you are guilty of it? Without being charged and tried?

Also, Colorado state Supreme Court is using the 14th amendment to disqual him, but the 14th amendment is a federal issue, and it charges the federal congress to enforce it. Do state courts even have legal jurisdiction?
The law suit filed was the charge and the civil trial was held. Evidence was heard, a defense was mounted and Trump was found to have engaged in insurrection.
As a result he was adjudicated to be ineligible to be on the CO ballot for president.

Forum List

Back