Election Interference: Here are the Four Colorado Justices Who Voted to Exclude Donald Trump from the 2024 Ballot

You make a great point with the border comparison. A few things to consider.

The state can’t convict for insurrection as it’s a federal law.

Trump was impeached for his part in the insurrection. The Senate acquitted him with the excuse that this issue was something for the courts to decide after Trumps presidency.

Lastly, the constitution does not state that a criminal conviction of insurrection is the necessary criteria, only that “engagement in”

Now ind agree with you that is dangerously vague and something that should be better defined through legislation and not just left up to the courts. As it stands it does appear that CO is not making an unreasonable argument.

I do think and hope this situation will lead to legislation that defines the parameters

The state can’t convict for insurrection as it’s a federal law.

But Colorado kind of did this. By them ruling him ineligible to be on the ballot, they essentially have convicted him of insurrection, without even a charge or a trial.

Lastly, the constitution does not state that a criminal conviction of insurrection is the necessary criteria, only that “engagement in”

But it does say that Congress (the federal Congress) enforces the provisions of the amendment through legislation. They did this by passing 2383. So, the legal statute is there, but you don’t have to be charged with it? So if a court just feels you committed insurrection, then you are guilty of it? Without being charged and tried?

Also, Colorado state Supreme Court is using the 14th amendment to disqual him, but the 14th amendment is a federal issue, and it charges the federal congress to enforce it. Do state courts even have legal jurisdiction?

A conviction in a court of law is not the requirement!

Holy shit.
4i6Ckte.gif
When the Supreme court says you are wrong, what will you then do? Still make up that you know law?

Come on! you drag, pull, or yank these ass clowns from office and try them for breaking their oath and never having any honor to begin with. The only bench those pukes will be setting on is a park bench, loitering.

Fine, but do that at the appropriate place. I’m sorry but outside someone’s home is crossing a line for me.

On the contrary, your answers have proven my points. Trump was denied due process and the unjust decision attacking the foundations of Democracy will be vacated.
He isn’t being jailed and the constitution doesn’t say there needs to be a criminal conviction. So your points aren’t quite hitting the mark

Of Course the US Supreme Court will reverse that courts decisions. As to acting like Democrats, we must preserve our differences and not act like they act.

Oh no..don’t get me wrong..I fully support using their tactics against them, just this one is a bridge too far.

The Colorado Supremes just finished giving him due process. I just finished watching a clip of the courtroom proceedings, with Trump lawyers present and everything!
4i6Ckte.gif
Was he found guilty of insurrection without a jury?

But Colorado kind of did this. By them ruling him ineligible to be on the ballot, they essentially have convicted him of insurrection, without even a charge or a trial.
They didn’t convict him of a crime they deemed him ineligible to be on their states ballot and it is up to each state to handle their election process, right?

You've been here since 2017, so please show us one post from you decrying all the Trumpers who camped outside of Michigan SoS Jocelyn Benson. If you cannot, you can shut the fuck up right now about protesters outside people's residences.

Dozens of armed "stop the steal" protesters threaten Michigan Secretary of State outside her house

I don’t know who Jocelyn benson is..I didn’t follow the story..but I’ve been consistent about protesting outside people’s homes.

Also..why are you arguing with me here? I’m trying to defend against the question of if right wingers should protest outside democrat judges homes…. I would think you’d be supportive of that..

Wow, even if you try to defend democrats…you get smacked around in here lol…

Last edited:
Trump will be on the ballot in Colorado. The Republicans have already said if necessary they won’t even have a primary, they will go the caucus route and the court can’t regulate the internal decisions of a political party. These idiots have shot themselves in the foot AGAIN. Every time they do something stupid like this support grows for Trump among the independents who actually decide elections.
They can't help themselves. Democrats are desperate, nasty, belligerent and liars.

I don’t know what Jocelyn benson is..I didn’t follow the story..but I’ve been consistent about protesting outside people’s homes.

Also..why are you arguing with me here? I’m trying to defend against the question of if right wingers should protest outside democrat judges homes…. I would think you’d be supportive of that..

Wow, even if you try to defend democrats…you get smacked around in here lol…
Synthetic isn't very bright.

Originalism = what they meant at the time of writing.
Partial credit.

Now, delve a lot deeper. What was “originally meant,” at the time of the writing of the 14th Amendment, regarding the claim that a candidate for office had “engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the [the United States], or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof”?

Also, what’s the actual basis for your claim?

They didn’t convict him of a crime they deemed him ineligible to be on their states ballot and it is up to each state to handle their election process, right?

Exactly. They didn’t hold a trial, they just “deemed” he was involved in an insurrection.

d it is up to each state to handle their election process, right?M
Time and manner, qualification is a federal issue I think. However, if that’s the move you all want to make, then feel free to push it…I just don’t think it’s going to work out in your favor. Remember, repubs still control more state legislatures.. repubs control enough electoral votes to give repubs the presidency if they wanted to remove Biden from their ballots.

I mean, sure..go for it I guess…

Sure, in most other things i say go for it. What’s good for the goose……

Just not at someone’s residence or on their private time..to me, that’s crossing a line.
The left alteady crossed that line

So you are too late

If only you had taken a stand when it meant something

Forum List

Back