Elections have Consequences

Why does a woman choose what happens to a man’s baby? That’s his DNA and not just her body. Totally sexist.

I actually agree that the father should have some kind of voice in the matter, but I have no idea what kind nor how we can possibly deal with it. I mean what restitution for them getting an abortion? They have to get "permission" from the father? I just don't see how it can happen in a fair and just way...
They enter a contract upon copulation. Apply standard contract law.

Its an option I suppose, but it won't hold legally for sex under the influence - I'd say the majority of "abortion causing" sex is drunk/stoned wouldn't you? So partial answer maybe...
If they’re adults, intoxication is irrelevant. They made that choice to enter the contract.

Contract law doesn't work that way though. To wit (from memory):

Minors, the mentally ill, and persons who are intoxicated or drug-addicted are generally excluded from entering into legal agreements. Mental incapacity simply means that a person does not have the competence to enter into a contract. In addition to intoxication, mental incapacity can result from mental illness, such as schizophrenia, senility, and even bipolar condition. Most courts look at contracts with persons of such mental incapacity as voidable contracts.

I don't believe it can work like you think it would/want it to...

Elections do have Consequences.

One of the primary reasons I voted against Trump and for Clinton was because of the Supreme Court.

I have heard so many people who are otherwise pro-choice and pro-union vote for Trump just because they wanted to 'drain the swamp' and just take a hammer to the establishment.

Well this is what we get. And I am not bitching about Trump's selection- if anything I am impressed that he is such a solid jurist- unlike some of Trump's lower court picks. This pick was the outcome of the last Presidential election. And he is going to be confirmed to the Court unless by some bizarre circumstance he announces he will vote against Roe v. Wade before the confirmation vote.

I just hope that those how believe in woman's right to chose remember that come the next election.
What about those who believe in a man's right to choose?

I certainly support a man's right to choose. Certainly a man should be able to choose where he sticks his dick. And if a man get's pregnant- certainly I will support his right to choose on whether to stay pregnant.

Same as "a woman has a choice on opening her legs"?

Absolutely.

Both people have choices to make about what can lead to pregnancy. Once there is a pregnancy though- only one person is pregnant- and whoever is pregnant should have the choice of how to control her or his body.
The right to privacy concerns limiting the state's authority and safeguarding the protected liberties of the American people; something conservatives clearly don't believe.

Why does a woman choose what happens to a man’s baby? That’s his DNA and not just her body. Totally sexist.

I actually agree that the father should have some kind of voice in the matter, but I have no idea what kind nor how we can possibly deal with it. I mean what restitution for them getting an abortion? They have to get "permission" from the father? I just don't see how it can happen in a fair and just way...

Its an option I suppose, but it won't hold legally for sex under the influence - I'd say the majority of "abortion causing" sex is drunk/stoned wouldn't you? So partial answer maybe...
If they’re adults, intoxication is irrelevant. They made that choice to enter the contract.

Minors, the mentally ill, and persons who are intoxicated or drug-addicted are generally excluded from entering into legal agreements. Mental incapacity simply means that a person does not have the competence to enter into a contract. In addition to intoxication, mental incapacity can result from mental illness, such as schizophrenia, senility, and even bipolar condition. Most courts look at contracts with persons of such mental incapacity as voidable contracts.

As long as the intoxication is self-induced with the knowledge of the risk of copulation it’s legit.

As long as the intoxication is self-induced with the knowledge of the risk of copulation it’s legit.

Maybe, but then you're implying that everyone take responsibility for their actions and resulting consequences... Let's remember what we're talking about here though - abortion, arguably one of the most blatant examples of abandoning responsibility for ones actions from start to finish, yeah?

Maybe, but then you're implying that everyone take responsibility for their actions and resulting consequences... Let's remember what we're talking about here though - abortion, arguably one of the most blatant examples of abandoning responsibility for ones actions from start to finish, yeah?
Personal responsibility used to be a standard in this country. So did honor.

Agreed. It's not anymore sadly.

One of the primary reasons I voted against Trump and for Clinton was because of the Supreme Court.

I have heard so many people who are otherwise pro-choice and pro-union vote for Trump just because they wanted to 'drain the swamp' and just take a hammer to the establishment.

Well this is what we get. And I am not bitching about Trump's selection- if anything I am impressed that he is such a solid jurist- unlike some of Trump's lower court picks. This pick was the outcome of the last Presidential election. And he is going to be confirmed to the Court unless by some bizarre circumstance he announces he will vote against Roe v. Wade before the confirmation vote.

I just hope that those how believe in woman's right to chose remember that come the next election.
If you would only choose contraceptives!
That we have the right to choose contraceptives is because of a rather radical decision by the Supreme Court.

Certainly the father and mother both have equal rights when it comes to their living baby.
No, they don’t. The father doesn’t get to choose abortion and is forced to subsidize a baby he may choose to abort.
Sexist double standard and cruel to children, depriving them of a father by choice.
Certainly the father and mother both have equal rights when it comes to their living baby.

Both the man and the woman have equal opportunity- and responsibility when it comes to the actions that result in a pregnancy- but it is a sexist double standard and cruel for men to tell women what they must do with their bodies- while women must risk injury and death- just because a man is liable for equal costs of raising their living child.

One of the primary reasons Trump won was because Americans wanted him to pick the Supreme Court Justices instead of that bat shit crazy Crooked Hillary. Can you imagine what piece of shit she would have come up with? As bad or worse than those two partisan ding bats the worthless affirmative action asshole appointed.

The Democrats lost 1,000 national seats and the House and the Senate and the Presidency so they lost the ability to appoint Supreme Court justices. If it wasn't a party of bat shit crazy Left Wing assholes then maybe they wouldn't have been kicked out of power.

Quit your bitching snowflake.

Wow- so any woman who gets drunk and passed out- is the one responsible if some guy decides to rape her then- wait- you wouldn't even consider that rape would you? Just an 'open for business sign'.

One of the primary reasons Trump won was because Americans wanted him to pick the Supreme Court Justices instead of that bat shit crazy Crooked Hillary. Can you imagine what piece of shit she would have come up with? As bad or worse than those two partisan ding bats the worthless affirmative action asshole appointed.

The Democrats lost 1,000 national seats and the House and the Senate and the Presidency so they lost the ability to appoint Supreme Court justices. If it wasn't a party of bat shit crazy Left Wing assholes then maybe they wouldn't have been kicked out of power.

Quit your bitching snowflake.

Kind of missed the whole point of my post. I am not bitching that Trump has picked who he has picked- I am saying that this is exactly the result of the election- and I hope this selection is a warning to those who didn't pick Trump because of his potential Supreme Court selections.

Where is the 'personal honor' in raping someone passed out drunk?

That we have the right to choose contraceptives is because of a rather radical decision by the Supreme Court.
Then don’t put their efforts to waste. Use them and avoid slaughtering the unborn.

Then don’t put their efforts to waste. Use them and avoid slaughtering the unborn.

I am not slaughtering any unborn- are you?

I am a big fan of contraceptives- and I would prefer that not a single woman ever be in a position to desire to have an abortion- and that every child born was wanted and cared for.

I also think that women should control their own bodies- not old men who have no personal risk of pregnancy.

[

I am saying that this is exactly the result of the election- and I hope this selection is a warning to those who didn't pick Trump because of his potential Supreme Court selections.

I am saying that Trump got a lot of support and was elected President because Americans wanted him picking the Justices instead of Crooked Hillary.

Fuck 'em. I hope Trump's policies bring them to ruin. Instead of appealing to those terrified, racist morons, go convince a few of your friends or strangers that don't regularly vote to go vote this November.
Yes, because the Democrats need to add more apathetic, uninformed voters in with their dead and illegal alien voters to regain power.
What a stupid comment

Hey, westwall, isn't that the stupidest comment you've ever seen? I'm sure you would never call it trolling.

Anyways, it's hilarious to see a Trump sheep attack the uninformed. STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All
Oldfool, where do you think the folks who put Trump over the top came from? Former Democrat/Obama voters. Dipshit.

[

I am saying that this is exactly the result of the election- and I hope this selection is a warning to those who didn't pick Trump because of his potential Supreme Court selections.

I am saying that Trump got a lot of support and was elected President because Americans wanted him picking the Justices instead of Crooked Hillary.

Certainly many of the true Trumpkins voted for Don the Con for that exact reason.

But most of the Democrats and many of the Independents voted for Don the Con either as a big 'fuck you' to the system- or because they personally disliked Clinton- even while supporting more liberal policies.

Fuck 'em. I hope Trump's policies bring them to ruin. Instead of appealing to those terrified, racist morons, go convince a few of your friends or strangers that don't regularly vote to go vote this November.
Yes, because the Democrats need to add more apathetic, uninformed voters in with their dead and illegal alien voters to regain power.
What a stupid comment

Hey, westwall, isn't that the stupidest comment you've ever seen? I'm sure you would never call it trolling.

Anyways, it's hilarious to see a Trump sheep attack the uninformed. STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All
Oldfool, where do you think the folks who put Trump over the top came from? Former Democrat/Obama voters. Dipshit.

And most of them are probably pro-choice.

Which is the point of this thread.

What about those who believe in a man's right to choose?
What about those who believe in a baby's right to live?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

No, they don’t. The father doesn’t get to choose abortion and is forced to subsidize a baby he may choose to abort.
Sexist double standard and cruel to children, depriving them of a father by choice.

Both the man and the woman have equal opportunity- and responsibility when it comes to the actions that result in a pregnancy- but it is a sexist double standard and cruel for men to tell women what they must do with their bodies- while women must risk injury and death- just because a man is liable for equal costs of raising their living child.
It’s not just her body. It’s a man’s dna.

Forum List

Back