Elections have Consequences

Talk about sexist. Did you write a book?
Not the dreaded S-word!

Allowing/forcing women alone to decide if a human being lives or dies is as sexist, arbitrary, and capricious as making the father alone decide.
What creepy crawly hole did you come out from under, while planting the lie in that sentence of yours? You pick up a word or a phrase, and suddenly your fairy tale becomes fact for you.
Well I birthed 2 children, since you say my opinion is the only one that matters.

Explain to us again, how is it that a father has nothing to do with his own child.

I'm with you.

I had two kidlits myself. I say dad's should have some kind of say, I'm just not entirely sure how to work it out legally/fairly yet.

So lets say your husband/partner told you that he wanted you to get an abortion- should he have been able to require you to get an abortion?

Or if not- be off the hook of paying for his kids?

I think there's some merit in that argument yea. If you're fucking someone and get pregnant you should be able to have an adult conversation with the father and make a decision about the future of that "family" and abortion is part of that discussion if it's on the table.

It could be argued that the mother could indeed have the child despite a fathers desire not to, but there should be some idk relief that father RE 18+ years of child support that they maybe can't afford. Why does she have all the say in /forcing/ him to become a father?

It could be argued that the mother could indeed abort the child despite the fathers desire to keep it, and there should be some relief for either or both, RE the father who wants the child and the mother who wants an abortion or would have it. Again, why does she have all the say?

I do not know the answer's here, but I do think that the current system of the woman doing whatever she wants just because she happens to be biologically designed to carry a baby is a bit shitty. They both fucked, they both got pregnant, yet she can literally ruin a mans life via child support and she can kill his kid while he has zero say in which/what happens; that's unfair and unjust IMO.

The idea behind child support was to make fathers responsible for their kids. Abortion lets women do the exact opposite. It's sexist on it's face, I get why on the one hand (her body and such) but I also see it's unfairness to fathers (be them wanting the kid or not) It's not... "equal representation under the law" or something, idk how to best word it.

I strongly agree that elections have consequences. A conservative court won't be the cause for denying a woman access to an abortion. The conservative position is that should be settled at the state level. So when thinking about the next election, that thought is best recalled when voting for state legislative representatives and your governor.

Plenty of conservatives support the idea of a Constitutional amendment to ban abortion
Perry Challenged to Back Federal Amdt Stopping Abortions | LifeNews.com

Interesting, I wasn't familiar with that. But again those interested should take note when electing representatives to their state's legislature. Passage of any amendment requires approval by at least 38 states.

Elections do have Consequences.

One of the primary reasons I voted against Trump and for Clinton was because of the Supreme Court.

I have heard so many people who are otherwise pro-choice and pro-union vote for Trump just because they wanted to 'drain the swamp' and just take a hammer to the establishment.

Well this is what we get. And I am not bitching about Trump's selection- if anything I am impressed that he is such a solid jurist- unlike some of Trump's lower court picks. This pick was the outcome of the last Presidential election. And he is going to be confirmed to the Court unless by some bizarre circumstance he announces he will vote against Roe v. Wade before the confirmation vote.

I just hope that those how believe in woman's right to chose remember that come the next election.
You will still get abortions in at least 45 States. What is the problem. It goes back to the States. It never should have been a Federal law since it is not a right anymore than murder isn't a right.

One of the primary reasons I voted against Trump and for Clinton was because of the Supreme Court.

I have heard so many people who are otherwise pro-choice and pro-union vote for Trump just because they wanted to 'drain the swamp' and just take a hammer to the establishment.

Well this is what we get. And I am not bitching about Trump's selection- if anything I am impressed that he is such a solid jurist- unlike some of Trump's lower court picks. This pick was the outcome of the last Presidential election. And he is going to be confirmed to the Court unless by some bizarre circumstance he announces he will vote against Roe v. Wade before the confirmation vote.

I just hope that those how believe in woman's right to chose remember that come the next election.
What about those who believe in a man's right to choose?
When men can get pregnant, then they'll have that right to choose. Until then, their right to choose ends with which form of birth control they choose to use.
When a woman can get pregnant without a man, then she can decide whether to kill her daughter.

Fuck 'em. I hope Trump's policies bring them to ruin. Instead of appealing to those terrified, racist morons, go convince a few of your friends or strangers that don't regularly vote to go vote this November.

How about Fuck you....

Trump is spanking your worthless asses.....

Fuck 'em. I hope Trump's policies bring them to ruin. Instead of appealing to those terrified, racist morons, go convince a few of your friends or strangers that don't regularly vote to go vote this November.

Trump is spanking your worthless asses.....

What is it with you Trumpkins and your spanking fantasies?

You will still get abortions in at least 45 States. What is the problem. It goes back to the States. It never should have been a Federal law since it is not a right anymore than murder isn't a right.

Why exactly do you think that a woman doesn't have the right to control her own body?

There is no such thing as womens rights.

By definition, a right is something that is available to everyone.

Not the dreaded S-word!

Allowing/forcing women alone to decide if a human being lives or dies is as sexist, arbitrary, and capricious as making the father alone decide.
What creepy crawly hole did you come out from under, while planting the lie in that sentence of yours? You pick up a word or a phrase, and suddenly your fairy tale becomes fact for you.
Well I birthed 2 children, since you say my opinion is the only one that matters.

Explain to us again, how is it that a father has nothing to do with his own child.

I'm with you.

I had two kidlits myself. I say dad's should have some kind of say, I'm just not entirely sure how to work it out legally/fairly yet.

So lets say your husband/partner told you that he wanted you to get an abortion- should he have been able to require you to get an abortion?

I think there's some merit in that argument yea. If you're fucking someone and get pregnant you should be able to have an adult conversation with the father and make a decision about the future of that "family" and abortion is part of that discussion if it's on the table.

It could be argued that the mother could indeed have the child despite a fathers desire not to, but there should be some idk relief that father RE 18+ years of child support that they maybe can't afford. Why does she have all the say in /forcing/ him to become a father?

It could be argued that the mother could indeed abort the child despite the fathers desire to keep it, and there should be some relief for either or both, RE the father who wants the child and the mother who wants an abortion or would have it. Again, why does she have all the say?

I do not know the answer's here, but I do think that the current system of the woman doing whatever she wants just because she happens to be biologically designed to carry a baby is a bit shitty. They both fucked, they both got pregnant, yet she can literally ruin a mans life via child support and she can kill his kid while he has zero say in which/what happens; that's unfair and unjust IMO.

The idea behind child support was to make fathers responsible for their kids. Abortion lets women do the exact opposite. It's sexist on it's face, I get why on the one hand (her body and such) but I also see it's unfairness to fathers (be them wanting the kid or not) It's not... "equal representation under the law" or something, idk how to best word it.

I don't see what is 'sexist' about a woman- who takes on all of the risk of pregnancy and child birth- being the one to decide whether to be pregnant or not.

Men don't want to have the risk of 'their lives being ruined' to support their own children- can certainly choose not to have sex or to use condoms.

I'm with you.

I don't see what is 'sexist' about a woman- who takes on all of the risk of pregnancy and child birth- being the one to decide whether to be pregnant or not.

Men don't want to have the risk of 'their lives being ruined' to support their own children- can certainly choose not to have sex or to use condoms.
But a woman can't. You sure you're arguing FOR women?

So you think since a man can't get pregnant- women don't have any right to choose whether or not to be pregnant?

I'm with you.

But a woman can't what?

Women can certainly choose whether or not to have sex and can chose to use contraception- to prevent pregnancy.

But if a woman has a child- she is financially obligated to the child just as the father is.

I'm with you.

But a woman can't what?

Women can certainly choose whether or not to have sex and can chose to use contraception- to prevent pregnancy.

But if a woman has a child- she is financially obligated to the child just as the father is.
Another one who doesn't understand equal protection under the law.

Since you believe in laws based on gender, do you also believe in laws based on race?

So you think since a man can't get pregnant- women don't have any right to choose whether or not to be pregnant?

You sure men can't get pregnant ?

A woman's right to kill the future president or the next wacko liberal got it.

May as well, a woman probably killed the second coming of Jesus Christ a decade ago...

Those bastard's

:(

What about those who believe in a man's right to choose?
When men can get pregnant, then they'll have that right to choose. Until then, their right to choose ends with which form of birth control they choose to use.
When a woman can get pregnant without a man, then she can decide whether to kill her daughter.
LOL

Try stopping her. Do you ever say anything that isn’t stupid?

If a man can get pregnant, then he has the same rights over his own body that a woman has.

May as well, a woman probably killed the second coming of Jesus Christ a decade ago...

Those bastard's

And did the world a favor.

Those bastard's

And did the world a favor.
yep killed the next Barack Obama

If a man can get pregnant, then he has the same rights over his own body that a woman has.
It takes two to make a pregnancy happen.

Forum List

Back