Elections have Consequences

Yes, as Obama so arrogantly said when he was installing his brand of Fundamental Transformation. Elections DO have consequences.

Which is why I used that title.

These Supreme Court Justices are the result of the election- the consequence of the election- I understand why Conservatives are thrilled- and I am not bitching about Trump's choices- they were exactly what he said he would do.

Really this thread is addressed to those Trump voters who voted for Trump as a big 'fuck you' to politics as usual- but are socially liberal- and there are plenty of those.

Elections do have Consequences.

One of the primary reasons I voted against Trump and for Clinton was because of the Supreme Court.

I have heard so many people who are otherwise pro-choice and pro-union vote for Trump just because they wanted to 'drain the swamp' and just take a hammer to the establishment.

Well this is what we get. And I am not bitching about Trump's selection- if anything I am impressed that he is such a solid jurist- unlike some of Trump's lower court picks. This pick was the outcome of the last Presidential election. And he is going to be confirmed to the Court unless by some bizarre circumstance he announces he will vote against Roe v. Wade before the confirmation vote.

I just hope that those how believe in woman's right to chose remember that come the next election.

If the entire country has a meltdown every time a SCOTUS judge is appointed do you think maybe the federal government might have too much power?

Just a thought......

You think that the entire country is having a meltdown? LOL

Do I think that the federal government has too much power? Certainly we could find areas of agreement- though probably more of disagreement.

Yep, I was talking about sexism in the form of feminist double standards. More typical bigotry from the left.
You're an author.
Boss, get with the program. Try a little logical deductive reasoning. Have you ever been pregnant? Exactly! Neither have I. Before you start talking "double standards", why don't you live in a woman's shoes. I've heard that many times from women, and they are exactly right. Are you a woman? If not, you and I don't know squat. Get it now? Or are you of the misogynist arrogant, ass hole type, who knows everything about what a woman needs?
A woman doesn't get pregnant like catching a cold. She has to involve herself in a specific behavior with a man.
I'm no mysoginist. You're an advocate for child abuse.
Get your head out of your mob ego box and try a little logic.
Really? And what "child abuse" might that be?
Intentionally denying a human the very basic human right of the opportunity to be raised by his parents just because a woman's gender says so.

Americans intentionally deny children the 'right' to be raised by his/her parents all of the time in America- it is called divorce- and abandonment.

What you are pissed about is that the man cannot escape his fiscal obligation to care for his child- even if he can avoid his moral obligation to raise his child.
As usual, using a bad thing to justify another bad thing.

Talk about sexist. Did you write a book?
Not the dreaded S-word!

Allowing/forcing women alone to decide if a human being lives or dies is as sexist, arbitrary, and capricious as making the father alone decide.
What creepy crawly hole did you come out from under, while planting the lie in that sentence of yours? You pick up a word or a phrase, and suddenly your fairy tale becomes fact for you.
Well I birthed 2 children, since you say my opinion is the only one that matters.

Explain to us again, how is it that a father has nothing to do with his own child.

I'm with you.

I had two kidlits myself. I say dad's should have some kind of say, I'm just not entirely sure how to work it out legally/fairly yet.

So lets say your husband/partner told you that he wanted you to get an abortion- should he have been able to require you to get an abortion?

Or if not- be off the hook of paying for his kids?
Just the opposite. She should have to compensate him if she aborts the kid without his consent.

Yep, I was talking about sexism in the form of feminist double standards. More typical bigotry from the left.
You're an author.
Boss, get with the program. Try a little logical deductive reasoning. Have you ever been pregnant? Exactly! Neither have I. Before you start talking "double standards", why don't you live in a woman's shoes. I've heard that many times from women, and they are exactly right. Are you a woman? If not, you and I don't know squat. Get it now? Or are you of the misogynist arrogant, ass hole type, who knows everything about what a woman needs?
The woman in the womb needs her mother. And will until the mother dies.

Besides, DAD, she's as much your daughter as she is her mother's.
And dad said unto the woman, we will have this child if we both decide to. But seeing that the woman carries the burden and risk, the mother in the end, will determine what is best for her, and her body. She will ultimately have the last say. Not the unborn fetus that has yet to develop a functioning brain that uses reason within the womb, and does not feel pain, until that brain is out of the womb, as a fully developed human being. Or the fact that the fetus maybe the result of rape or incest. Not to mention, if the fetus is dead inside or there are complications, dear old dad takes a back seat.
She is a living human being, conceived from the father to the mother. Maybe DAD loves her and doesn't want mom to kill her.

Your phallic patriarchal sexism forces the entire onus onto the woman.
"She is a living human being"? Really? Says who? You? And who are you?

Tell me, while she was in the womb, did she have her nails done? Did she request to have her hair done up in a pony tail? Lol!

Folks like you act as if the "she" in the womb was asking the mom if she could borrow the car keys. You people need to gather yourself together and get back to planet earth. This is crazy talk.
What do you think is living and growing inside a woman's womb, a 42" plasma TV?

One of the primary reasons I voted against Trump and for Clinton was because of the Supreme Court.

I have heard so many people who are otherwise pro-choice and pro-union vote for Trump just because they wanted to 'drain the swamp' and just take a hammer to the establishment.

Well this is what we get. And I am not bitching about Trump's selection- if anything I am impressed that he is such a solid jurist- unlike some of Trump's lower court picks. This pick was the outcome of the last Presidential election. And he is going to be confirmed to the Court unless by some bizarre circumstance he announces he will vote against Roe v. Wade before the confirmation vote.

I just hope that those how believe in woman's right to chose remember that come the next election.
Fuck 'em. I hope Trump's policies bring them to ruin. Instead of appealing to those terrified, racist morons, go convince a few of your friends or strangers that don't regularly vote to go vote this November.
Yes, because the Democrats need to add more apathetic, uninformed voters in with their dead and illegal alien voters to regain power.
What a stupid comment

Hey, westwall, isn't that the stupidest comment you've ever seen? I'm sure you would never call it trolling.

Anyways, it's hilarious to see a Trump sheep attack the uninformed. STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All

So the article claims that the average person got 1.6 out of 5. No news had an average of 1.22, the person best informed by listening to NPR got a 1.51 and all were lower than that. So how did they come up with a 1.6 out of 5 as an average when nothing was higher than 1.51?

Does anyone have an answer?

Not the dreaded S-word!

Allowing/forcing women alone to decide if a human being lives or dies is as sexist, arbitrary, and capricious as making the father alone decide.
What creepy crawly hole did you come out from under, while planting the lie in that sentence of yours? You pick up a word or a phrase, and suddenly your fairy tale becomes fact for you.
Well I birthed 2 children, since you say my opinion is the only one that matters.

Explain to us again, how is it that a father has nothing to do with his own child.

I'm with you.

I had two kidlits myself. I say dad's should have some kind of say, I'm just not entirely sure how to work it out legally/fairly yet.

So lets say your husband/partner told you that he wanted you to get an abortion- should he have been able to require you to get an abortion?

Just the opposite. She should have to compensate him if she aborts the kid without his consent.

And when he demands that she have the abortion?

I'm with you.

She doesn't have to. But she can't claim child support.

I'm with you.

So the guys kid won't get child support from the father!

Great plan.

Kudo's for personal responsibility!

I'm with you.

So the guys kid won't get child support from the father!

Great plan.

Kudo's for personal responsibility!
I'm not surprised that you would support laws that don't apply equally to everyone.

Yes Sir they do!

Thank God Trump won!

Keep it up!

All of those Catholic Hispanics you are counting on are sure going to love the Dem Platform of Abortion on Demand up to the baby's due date.

What about those who believe in a man's right to choose?
When men can get pregnant, then they'll have that right to choose. Until then, their right to choose ends with which form of birth control they choose to use.

A woman's right to kill the future president or the next wacko liberal got it.

When men can get pregnant, then they'll have that right to choose. Until then, their right to choose ends with which form of birth control they choose to use.

What about a woman's right to choose NOT to get pregnant either through abstinence, or birth control? What about their responsibility, and accountability for them ALLOWING themselves to get pregnant. Or do they have no choice in the matter?

I strongly agree that elections have consequences. A conservative court won't be the cause for denying a woman access to an abortion. The conservative position is that should be settled at the state level. So when thinking about the next election, that thought is best recalled when voting for state legislative representatives and your governor.

What about a woman's right to choose NOT to get pregnant either through abstinence, or birth control? What about their responsibility, and accountability for them ALLOWING themselves to get pregnant. Or do they have no choice in the matter?
Women have that right too. Who said they don't?

A woman's right to kill the future president or the next wacko liberal got it.

Why do you think women should be able to kill anyone?

I strongly agree that elections have consequences. A conservative court won't be the cause for denying a woman access to an abortion. The conservative position is that should be settled at the state level. So when thinking about the next election, that thought is best recalled when voting for state legislative representatives and your governor.

Plenty of conservatives support the idea of a Constitutional amendment to ban abortion
Perry Challenged to Back Federal Amdt Stopping Abortions | LifeNews.com

Both the woman and the man have responsibility in preventing pregnancy.

But only women risk death or injury from being pregnant and going through a delivery.

When men can go through a pregnancy- I will support their right to choose how to control their own bodies also.

Forum List

Back