Electric vehicles, future development and the 2016 election

Almost 300,000 customers have placed a $1,000 down payment for Tesla's low-cost five-seater.

The car will be released next year, with deliveries expected to take place in autumn or winter.

The basic model will start at $35,000 (£24,500) and has a minimum range of 215 miles (346km) on a single charge.

Tesla boss Elon Musk tweeted that 276,000 pre-orders have been received, which could net his firm up to $10bn on completion.

Demand is so high that it may be hard for Tesla to keep up with production - Mr Musk said the company is "definitely going to need to rethink production planning".

Tesla hopes that around 500,000 vehicles a year can be manufactured once production is at full capacity.

Last year Tesla delivered just over 50,000 vehicles, most of which were its Model S saloon car.

Tesla Model 3 Pre-Orders Point To $10bn Sales

My goodness, looks like Elon Musk has done it again. GM may have some competition by 2020.

Two years to get a car? No thanks, the 215 mile range is too limited for this part of the country. My Volt is fine, cost less, I don't need to fill the tank very often and if I want to travel I can drive it for 600 miles and it does well.

For an urban second vehicle, the 'C' would be a good choice, as would the Volt. And now Chrysler is building a plug in hybrid mini-van. More and more choices out there, and, within five years, many more choices.

In the not too distant future, they'll be laughing at us and our gasoline powered cars,

Not to pile on but.................since me, Billy, JC, Frank, SSDD and FlaCalTenn tend to do it all the time anyway............

Here are recent EV sales. Do the math........and don't piss your pants from laughing too hard!!!

LAUGH...........A.............BLE
hey skooks, went into the other article and found this beauty at the end of the model 3 sales.

"Some prospective buyers who placed early orders may have anticipated paying a lower price for the Model 3 after factoring in a $7,500 federal tax credit on electric cars. But that credit begins to phase out once manufacturers sell more than 200,000 EVs - a mark that Tesla, at its current sales pace, is likely to surpass next year before the first Model 3 is delivered."

Oops!

In the not too distant future, they'll be laughing at us and our gasoline powered cars,
yeah, go with that one. I'm enjoying my laugh at you all. There are only two ways, and I repeat, there are two only ways an electric car is viable; once it can be filled up in five to ten minutes and once it can travel more than 200 miles on a charge. otherwise, ain't happening

BTW, what is the battery charge life on one of these boondoggles? And, how does it perform in the cold?

Excuse me, I'm still laughing.

Last edited:
Sorry boys and girld but until some compay can show the majority of us an electric car which......

1. Can perform as well or better than our current ICE vehicles in terms of speed, range, hauling power, etc....
2. Meet the same or lower price point than our current ICE vehicles
3. Cost no more to maintain than our current ICE vehicles
4. Not require special charging/parking stations which are not readily available.

Electric cars will be nothing more than a token in the marketplace.

The biggest hurdle is finding a way to get a full charge in the same amount of time it takes to fill up a tank of gas.

Do that, and E-Cars become much more viable.

Just Crazy, Billy Boob, how about some links to credible sites backing your assertation? Or are you merely satified to repeat a ridicoulous lie one more time?
why, because you can't find any that proves it wrong? It's amazing. Skooks, More winning my friend!!!! Skooks the old adage from these fools, I can't find anything to counter with so you provide more information. It's funny. WiNNiNg

Hey JC....click on that sales figure link above. Scroll down to Tesla..........get back to me on your reaction bro........:rock::rock:
Holy crap skooks, that is something. Tesla is but .1% of all sales in the first three months of the year. Holy crap those suckers are flying out the doors. LOL :beer:

Not to pile on but.................since me, Billy, JC, Frank, SSDD and FlaCalTenn tend to do it all the time anyway............

Here are recent EV sales. Do the math........and don't piss your pants from laughing too hard!!!

LAUGH...........A.............BLE
hey skooks, went into the other article and found this beauty at the end of the model 3 sales.

"Some prospective buyers who placed early orders may have anticipated paying a lower price for the Model 3 after factoring in a $7,500 federal tax credit on electric cars. But that credit begins to phase out once manufacturers sell more than 200,000 EVs - a mark that Tesla, at its current sales pace, is likely to surpass next year before the first Model 3 is delivered."

Oops!

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooops!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Like electric vehicles, weve been hearing from the AGW nutters about the mega-tsunami of solar power. Shit has been going on for years........still laughable. If you look back over this thread, all of the provided information is wing and a prayer stuff. Like all green dreams...........utter fantasy.

Meanwhile, in Realville USA >>>

Is bigger better? Demand soars for trucks, SUVs

Then there is the practical piece of American men and their cars. Most males are NO WAY going to go for the gheyness of an electric car. Especially car guys...........zero chance. Environmentalists just cant understand this.:gay: I could list about 20 cars or more........driven mostly by men.......where no EV is going to take its place.( non-feminine type men ).

Go google "muscle cars"........see how many thousands of photos come up. None for those guys are going to drive a faggoty EV.........ever. Multiculturalist assholes just don't understand this. 90% of the fun of owning one is to be able to modify one......another thing the non-car guy doesn't get.:oops-28:

.....Corvette..........Charger.........Challenger.............Mustang.........Z........Performance BMW's and Benz's..........tuner turbo cars.........et. al.

Truck guys........same thing.:rock: Go find me a truck guy that also drives a Prius!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lmao:. Good luck..........and well over 1 million trucks are sold in the US each year. SUV folks..........not driving a SMARTFORTWO s0ns!!!:poke::laugh::laugh::laugh:

There will always be a market for these EV's but lets face it.......most of the buyers are in it just to make a snobby statement about how much more they care about the environment. We all know these types........dollar to a thousand stale donuts, every swinging dick arriving to protest at a Trump event also drives a Prius.......small potatoes. Fringe oddballs.........hardly representative of the American public.:spinner:

You read this stuff from the AGW OCD's and youd think gas powered cars will be relics of a former era in a few years!!!

This thread........... Electric Vehicle sales are sucking!!! ..........has been going on for a long, long, long time in this forum. And its always the same.............."still sucking".:tongue-44:

yeah, go with that one. I'm enjoying my laugh at you all. There are only two ways, and I repeat, there are two only ways an electric car is viable; once it can be filled up in five to ten minutes and once it can travel more than 200 miles on a charge. otherwise, ain't happening

BTW, what is the battery charge life on one of these boondoggles? And, how does it perform in the cold?

Excuse me, I'm still laughing.

Cold weather takes my Volt from a 40 mile charge to a 24-27. 65 degrees to 70 degrees is where it charges the best.So with the Tesla I'm sure that 200 mile range tightens up in the winter. Also in snow and ice the Volt does not operate real well. There is no way to get traction on ice and snow because the battery won't spin tires to gain traction. We switched to gas to get up hills.

Have not heard of that problem with the Tesla S. Perhaps a setting for those conditions needs to be added to the Volt.

Have not heard of that problem with the Tesla S. Perhaps a setting for those conditions needs to be added to the Volt.

All battery's have a tougher time charging in the cold. It has nothing to do with settings. Lithium batteries are just that way. If they keep the batteries charging when not in use it helps keep the batteries warmer. Tesla owners report slow charging in the cold. Not a huge deal.

Right after the power grid fails and you dont have power to charge shit.. Killling Coal and NG ... The stupid it burns..

All battery's have a tougher time charging in the cold. It has nothing to do with settings. Lithium batteries are just that way. If they keep the batteries charging when not in use it helps keep the batteries warmer. Tesla owners report slow charging in the cold. Not a huge deal.
I was referring to your traction problem on ice and snow.

Right after the power grid fails and you dont have power to charge shit.. Killling Coal and NG ... The stupid it burns..
Stupid ass, if the grid is down, you won't be getting electricity whether the production is from wind and solar, or coal and NG.

I own a Volt, I do have concerns about electric cars. I bought a 2013 and it runs nice, in cold weather it is not as fuel efficient as the engine kicks in to keep the heater going. I wonder how it affect the Tesla and its performance.

For commuting the Volt is a good car. It has a lot of power. In the snow and ice it has good traction as the electric won't limits the spinning of tires. In the summer moving around town I get 200 plus per gallon in the winter, depending on how cold it gets I get 100.

Longer trips I'd prefer a more comfortable car.

Did you buy it new or used?

Just curious.

I own a Volt, I do have concerns about electric cars. I bought a 2013 and it runs nice, in cold weather it is not as fuel efficient as the engine kicks in to keep the heater going. I wonder how it affect the Tesla and its performance.

For commuting the Volt is a good car. It has a lot of power. In the snow and ice it has good traction as the electric won't limits the spinning of tires. In the summer moving around town I get 200 plus per gallon in the winter, depending on how cold it gets I get 100.

Longer trips I'd prefer a more comfortable car.

Did you buy it new or used?

Just curious.

I bought it used. It had 20,000 on it when I bought it.

Forum List

Back