Elizabeth Colbert Busch Has Nine-Point Lead Over Sanford

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Colbert Busch leads Sanford in South Carolina congressional race: poll | Reuters

Democrat Elizabeth Colbert Busch has a nine-point lead over former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford, her Republican opponent in the race for the state's open congressional seat, according to a poll released on Monday.

In the first independent poll taken since the primary election, Colbert Busch was favored by likely voters 50 percent to Sanford's 41 percent, Public Policy Polling said.
<more>

Well, I'm sitting in the heart of the race and all I can say is, don't count those chickens before they hatch... This is a strange, strange area...

On the surface, Busch seems like a decent candidate. Her adds obviously tout her accomplishments, fail to mention that she is supported by the same group who tried to keep Boeing out of SC. She claims she will not be guided by party, great if true, but if true, why run with any party?

Sanford, of course, is a man of no character, but down here, he is "the name you know."

Last edited:
This is what we call a lose-lose.

No one wants sanford in the public eye, and

Who would want an anti-job dem in office anywhere?

Is this the same polling firm that claims 90% of Americans favor restrictive gun laws? Come on, even a political junky should know that "public policy polling" is a branch of the democrat party. They poll selected demographics to get the result they use as a campaign tool. It's amazing they could only come up with 9 points.

The only thing wrong with this woman is her last name.

Soon after Friday we won't have the Appalachian Trailer man to kick around anymore. I, for one, would be sad to see him leave the public arena. Maybe we could get him a weekly TV spot where he could explain those good old GOP family values. I would pay good money to see him have several more minutes of fame!

Well, I'm sitting in the heart of the race and all I can say is, don't count those chickens before they hatch... This is a strange, strange area...

On the surface, Busch seems like a decent candidate. Her adds obviously tout her accomplishments, fail to mention that she is supported by the same group who tried to keep Boeing out of SC. She claims she will not be guided by party, great if true, but if true, why run with any party?

Sanford, of course, is a man of no character, but down here, he is "the name you know."

Did you see the full page ad Sanford took out in the Sunday P&C, basically an "Im sorry/Let me explain/My opponent is really bad" manifesto? It was quite sad.

But you're right. Coastal SC is a wonderful, strange, violent, beautiful, incredibly fun and unpredictable area. ANYTHING can happen politically here.

Just the latest example of why the Democrats should be sending the GOP Thank You cards for the candidates they run.

I don't know what Sanford was thinking. He must be psychotic doing all of these dumb things to himself.

This should have been an easy win for the Republicans.

I have mixed feelings about Sanford. He was actually one of the more sensible Republicans when he was governor. He didn't throw in with the whackadoodle Religious nutters

That said, he destroyed his own career. I'm not sure what he's going for here, but Weiner is trying the same thing in New York and will probably get about the same result.

I'd have to sit out that election. I can't trust a guy who cheats on his wife. In his case it wasn't just some moonbat journalists on a smear campaign, he got caught. He can't be trusted to make sound judgements any better than the moonbat dipshit the democrooks picked.

Sanford is different, he left his job as governor and nobody knew where he was. He keeps going into his wife's house without permission, his kids never met his girlfriend until they were on stage after the primary.

There has to be more that we haven't heard, the guy is insane. Republicans aren't supporting him financially anymore. He's a complete fuckup.

Republicans, until we clean out the social traditionalist and reactionary influences in the Party, this race is a mirror for what is about to happen to us next year. Let's select good mainstream candidates who love America more than the silly extremists.

Republicans, until we clean out the social traditionalist and reactionary influences in the Party, this race is a mirror for what is about to happen to us next year. Let's select good mainstream candidates who love America more than the silly extremists.

Actually, the GOP will make substantial gains next year... And a lot of them will be Teabaggers.

Sanford - who was the kind of moderate sensible Republican in the Romney mold (actually comparing romney to mold is an insult to mold) you'd normally trumpet, until he got caught cheating on his wife. Please do not try to hand a "Tea Party" sign on him because you are trying to score a point.

Infidelity and stupidity are not partisan or idealogical. For every Sanford you have a Clinton, and for every Weiner you have a Larry Craig.

I think we also need to put to bed this notion that "extreme" Republicans cost the GOP.

The GOP lost because they ran a bad presidential candidate with a weird religion who said stupid things about working people like 'I like to be able to fire people" and "47% of the country is on welfare!"

Todd Akin was not the Tea Party candidate, Sarah Steelman was.

And yes, while Richard Murdoch lost in Indiana, Scott Brown lost in Massachusetts.

The establishment lost senate seats in FL, MI, MT, ND and WI.

The TEA Party won seats in TX and NE

Maybe, but women are women everywhere and they vote. Sanford's flaunting his mistress on stage at his acceptance speech may very well be the coup de grace for his run .

Colbert Busch leads Sanford in South Carolina congressional race: poll | Reuters

Democrat Elizabeth Colbert Busch has a nine-point lead over former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford, her Republican opponent in the race for the state's open congressional seat, according to a poll released on Monday.

In the first independent poll taken since the primary election, Colbert Busch was favored by likely voters 50 percent to Sanford's 41 percent, Public Policy Polling said.
<more>

5826.StephenColbertGIF.gif

Forum List

Back