🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Elizabeth Dumbass Warren wonders why min wage is not 22.00 an hour

The hallucinations are coming more frequently then because I've posted nothing here about me. Only you did that.

Don't put it off another minute; seek professional help.

Know you?
No.

Other than I know you think your shit doesn't stink.

Look kid, you jus ain't all that k????

"Our first interaction"? :dunno:
I've no idea who you guess I am but you don't know me. Seek professional help.

(smile) I know you need to think of yourself as superior to the world....the sad thing is you aren't ;)

You've been the same from website to website....our first interaction was AWE...you weren't any better then kid.

You can't even see over the cuffs in your pants kid ;)

22$ is a bit silly, but 15-18$ is a bit more like it. IDK, we have a service based nation now, wont happen.

I graduated college and was making 32$ an hour right off the bat, and in a union. Tell you what, I worked hard, did my job and went above and beyond and was rewarded. Sort of nice to be an American if you ask me.

But thinking someone can live off of 8$ an hour or what ever it is. That's just cruel.

We have a lot more billionaires and millionaires that we did 20 years ago, so the money is there. Its just stuck at the top of the heap.

Yea, I don't really see her calling for a $22 per hour minimum wage. She was just pointing out the disparity in the minimum wage compared to what it used to be. Despite that massive disparity, conservatives do not want to raise the minimum wage at all, at the same time the top income earners continue to make more and more and more. The deck is stacked negatively against working Americans. Eventually, the vast majority of voters is going to figure this out.

The USA was the most progressive country in the world in 1787, you incredible RW brainwashed idiot.

Warren doesn't want want a $22 min wage, Beckbots, she's just saying how you and the rest of us have missed out on the richest's bonanza under voodoo. MORONS!!

22$ is a bit silly, but 15-18$ is a bit more like it. IDK, we have a service based nation now, wont happen.

I graduated college and was making 32$ an hour right off the bat, and in a union. Tell you what, I worked hard, did my job and went above and beyond and was rewarded. Sort of nice to be an American if you ask me.

But thinking someone can live off of 8$ an hour or what ever it is. That's just cruel.

We have a lot more billionaires and millionaires that we did 20 years ago, so the money is there. Its just stuck at the top of the heap.

Yea, I don't really see her calling for a $22 per hour minimum wage. She was just pointing out the disparity in the minimum wage compared to what it used to be. Despite that massive disparity, conservatives do not want to raise the minimum wage at all, at the same time the top income earners continue to make more and more and more. The deck is stacked negatively against working Americans. Eventually, the vast majority of voters is going to figure this out.

So you think the deck is stacked against working Americans? I think there is a large amount of Americans who simply have no ambition to do better for themselves, who choose to waste away in dead end jobs meant for teenagers. These minimum wage jobs are for young people to earn some extra money and gain work experience well they continue their education, before entering into a chosen career. Never in history has there ever been a High School Guidance Counselor who asked a student if they wanted to make a career as a cashier at McDonalds. People who end up in these dead end jobs that aren't young people moving up the career ladder are losers, and it isn't the responsibility of everyone else to subsidize their lack of motivation and poor choices with twelve dollar cups of coffee on their way to a real job. Sorry, but the market should dictate the wage. If you think you're making too little flipping burgers you have every Right to seek employment elsewhere, but you don't have a Right to reach into the wallets of other people who worked hard, and made the sacrifices required to graduate from College, or learn a trade. Nobody owes you a living wage, and nobody should be forced to subsidize losers with no motivation.

That's based on where the minimum wage would be if the minimum wage had grown at the same rate overall income grew in the past 45 years.

You are even dumber than she is. She clearly linked the minimum wage to increases in productivity, not inflation. Would you like me to dig up your posts where you complain about regular wages not keeping up with productivity?

Let's try again.

She's saying that if the pie of American income, in total, were distributed the same way it was distributed 40 years ago,

a person on minimum wage would make 22 bucks an hour.

The 15 bucks an hour that he isn't making is now going to someone else,

obviously someone up the income scale.

I do not give a fuck what she says, or how you twist her math.

Funny how Australia with a $15 min wage had no problems with that and survived the GOP meltdown easier than anywhere else, brainwashed SHYTTEHEADS lol...

Minimum wage should be raised only high enough to keep workers & their families out of poverty & off of government tit welfare programs.

While ENSURING all those unfortunate citizens whose low level of skill, experience and/or intelligence does not qualify them for the centrally imposed price on labor are prevented from working at all...and of course, forced on the dole. Preventing a person from working is just about the cruelest thing I can imagine. Shameful.

Your bs is a total lie!

Okay then, tell us exactly what happens to young people looking for their first job, people whose experience does not qualify them for the MW. Tell us what happens to the uneducated or the unintelligent worker whose skill level does not warrant the MW. Tell us what happens to low level workers when their mandated wages make feasible investments in technology or outsourcing that eliminate their jobs altogether.

The floor is yours...

You are a fascist big government nanny state fan.

Really? This libertarian supports wages being determined by the market. This libertarian supports the idea that a man should determine what he's willing to work for just as a business owner should be able to determine what he's willing to pay. This libertarian supports NO subsidies or tax breaks for businesses or individuals...none!

But I'M the nanny stater? Whatever...:cuckoo:

The fact is employment increases when minimum wage increases &

Tell us exactly how "employment increases when minimum wage increases". What EXACTLY is the impetus for a business to hire more workers when central planners have dictated a higher cost of employment.

Again, the floor is yours.

gets workers off the government tit.

And all those workers not able to qualify for the MW, how will they eat. And those workers that get replaced by technology, will they end up on the 'tit' or no?

Go ahead, thrill us with your acumen. :doubt:

Listen, dumbazz dupes, she wasn't suggesting $22/hr as a minimum wage, she was illustrating how rich the top 1% has become as opposed to the rest of us under Voodoo.

Australia has $15 as a min wage, but less for those under 18 and 21 years of age- you see how intelligence works, as opposed to brainwashed functional idiocy? I didn't think so. Our economy's problem is lack of DEMAND- so many have no money to spend...

Well over half of min wage workers are adults- I'm sure they're just lazy and stupid, has nothing to do with the Booosh World Financial Meltdown and 3 1/2 years of mindless Pub obstruction, not to mention 30 years of Voodoo/GOP slow ruin of the nonrich (see sig pp1) and the country... MORONS lol.

Somebody thinks welfare recipients get $11/hour- only if you count health care/Medicaid they HAVE to be on Welfare to be ELIGIBLE for! Luckily that ends next year. That and having 1/6 of the population on ER/bankrupty care, the most expensive for the country possible, is more GOP idiocy.

Okay Dupe, let's forget Warren for a minute. Where should minimum wage be then ?

$11 at least, the equivalent of '68's min wage. $9 under 18. You know, the good old days for workers, before Reaganism and brainwashed fools...lol

Okay that's fine. If we suddenly raised it to that wage, do you believe the costs of goods and services would increase?

how quickly would those jobs be outsourced.

Faster than Joe Biden could fire a shotgun through a door. What a "gem" this fake Native American, Warren is. China must love her, she has to be at the top of their most useful idiots list.

next to come, outsourcing of government jobs. They call it privatization

Republicans are a strange lot - the real "dumbasses' want to chain Social Security to CPI but-----but chain the minimum wage to employer whim?-----weird.

OTOH, if the minimum wage were chained to the increase in remuneration that the 1% sucks out of monetary circulation, according to Harvard economist, Professor Dube , the minimum wage wouldn't be $22/hr, the minimum wage would be closer to $33/hr.

"It didn't appear that Warren was actually trying to make the case for a $22 an hour minimum wage, but rather highlighting the results of a recent study that showed flat minimum wage growth over the past 40-plus years coinciding with surging inequality across a number of economic indicators."

Funny how Australia with a $15 min wage had no problems with that and survived the GOP meltdown easier than anywhere else, brainwashed SHYTTEHEADS lol...

Could that be because, unlike the minimum wage in the US, the minimum wage in Australia is not a hard bottom? Then we have the fact that Australia cooks the unemployment numbers to get them down to the current 5.4% instead of the more accurate numbers which but their unemployment at 14%, which is about the same as our real numbers. I guess they didn't come out any better than we did after all.

Elizabeth Warren Wonders: Why Aren?t Employers Paying $22-an-Hour Minimum Wage Rates?

Can you imagine how much a gallon of milk would be if that was the case

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......she was talking about.....

....not Teabaggers.

eusa_doh.gif

Could that be because, unlike the minimum wage in the US, the minimum wage in Australia is not a hard bottom? Then we have the fact that Australia cooks the unemployment numbers to get them down to the current 5.4% instead of the more accurate numbers which but their unemployment at 14%, which is about the same as our real numbers. I guess they didn't come out any better than we did after all.

you wouldnt by chance have a link to support this? I have a australia friend on another political forum and I could use the ammo.

Our unemployment is doctored the same way. Our U6 unemployment rate is 16%.

The fact is that raising minimum wage just above poverty level lowers unemployment & does not cause prices to rise or inflation.

So you think the deck is stacked against working Americans? I think there is a large amount of Americans who simply have no ambition to do better for themselves, who choose to waste away in dead end jobs meant for teenagers. These minimum wage jobs are for young people to earn some extra money and gain work experience well they continue their education, before entering into a chosen career. Never in history has there ever been a High School Guidance Counselor who asked a student if they wanted to make a career as a cashier at McDonalds. People who end up in these dead end jobs that aren't young people moving up the career ladder are losers, and it isn't the responsibility of everyone else to subsidize their lack of motivation and poor choices with twelve dollar cups of coffee on their way to a real job. Sorry, but the market should dictate the wage. If you think you're making too little flipping burgers you have every Right to seek employment elsewhere, but you don't have a Right to reach into the wallets of other people who worked hard, and made the sacrifices required to graduate from College, or learn a trade. Nobody owes you a living wage, and nobody should be forced to subsidize losers with no motivation.

Apparently you are missing the point that those kids used to be able to work those minimum wage jobs and that along with just a little financial aid was able to get them through college with minimal debt. Today, it doesn't pay for their books, and they walk away from college owning $100,000 or more, and many of them still can't find a job, so they continue working in those minimum wage jobs. It's not because they are lazy, it's because we've fucked this thing up something fierce. You imbeciles who believe everyone in a minimum wage job is a lazy stupid person not capable or willing to wipe their own ass are just completely clueless. Most of those people are working two or three of those jobs just so they can eat and pay the rent, and believe me, an awful lot of them would love nothing more than to find work in a field where they can make a difference. One last thing; I guarantee you that the vast majority of those so-called lazy people working those easy minimum wage jobs are working a hell of a lot harder than the vast majority of those making a good wage or salary.

Forum List

Back