🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Elizabeth Warren CFPB

billyerock1991

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2012
the other night on the republican debate its always repeal everything the democrats have passed ....this show you how stupid republicans really are and their followers of the republican party ... when Rand Paul at the debate said he wanted to repeal the CFPB because it decides whether or not you get a loan.... then they rand this political commercial with rows and rows of people stamping decline or loans ... I just had to shake my head

People THE CFPB doesn't look at your loan ever... if you go to a bank or what ever and get a loan its between you and the lender whether or not you get a loan ... not the CFPB ... the only time the CFPB gets involved is if you call them and say I think I've been cheated then they get involved ... what rand Paul said to the people in the debate was him showing his stupidity and the sad part the rest of the republican on the stage agreed with him .... talk about stupid .... republicans are their own worst enemy

Pocahontas goin' onna warpath against The Donald...
icon_wink.gif

Sen. Warren to seek re-election, repeats vow to fight Trump
Jan 6,`17 -- Democratic U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Friday she will run for a second term in 2018, signaling again that she plans to be one of her party's fiercest critics of Donald Trump and the Republican-led Congress.
Warren made the announcement - which had been expected - in a message to supporters. "This isn't the fight we were expecting to fight," Warren wrote. "But this is the fight that's in front of us. And the people of Massachusetts didn't send me to Washington to roll over and play dead while Donald Trump and his team of billionaires, bigots and Wall Street bankers crush the working people of our Commonwealth and this country." Warren, a former Harvard Law School professor, won the Senate seat in 2012 by beating incumbent Republican Sen. Scott Brown in her first political contest. Potential GOP opponents in 2018 include former Boston Red Sox pitching star Curt Schilling, a strong Trump backer.

Warren said she expected both the upcoming fights in the Senate over the next two years and her re-election campaign to be "uglier and nastier than anything we've ever imagined," adding she would take nothing for granted. Massachusetts Republican Party chairwoman Kirsten Hughes suggested Warren was starting her campaign early because she had a lot of work to do. "Her record has exposed her as a hyperpartisan bully more interested in scoring political points than delivering actual results, and Massachusetts has little to gain by sending her back to Washington," Hughes said. Warren was among Democrats vetted by Hillary Clinton for the party's vice presidential nomination, which went to Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine. Warren has also figured in very early speculation about the 2020 presidential race.

905c3174b2a64cf092cd151a8c30bb9e_0-big.jpg

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass. listens to a question during an interview at her office in Boston. Warren said Friday, Jan. 6, 2017, that she will run for re-election in 2018.​

In a recent interview with The Associated Press, Warren did not rule out a future White House run but added that it wasn't something she was thinking about at the moment. She was recently named to the Senate Armed Services Committee, a high-profile assignment that could enhance her foreign policy credentials. Warren appealed to supporters to make small donations to the campaign and volunteer to knock on doors or make phone calls on her behalf. "We cannot and will not allow the Republicans and the powerful interests to sink our campaign the same way they sank so many campaigns in 2016," she wrote.

Warren reported more than $4.1 million in her campaign account as of Sept. 30, according to Federal Election Commission records, and she said previously her political action committee helped raise more than $5 million for Democratic candidates last year. Warren assailed Trump during the 2016 campaign, calling him "fraudster-in-chief," among other things. Trump responded via Twitter, labeling her "goofy Elizabeth Warren" and referring to her as "Pocahontas," a reference to Warren's claim to have Native American ancestry.

News from The Associated Press

Trump wins CFPB dispute...

The CFPB Coup Attempt Is Over, Court Rules In Favor Of Trump Administration
Nov 28, 2017 - Guy and Leah have written about the drama unfolding at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. There’s been a fight over who is actually in charge. Leandra English, the deputy director of the agency, and Mick Mulvaney, the head of Office of Management and Budget Office, both are caught in a duel with one another. English says she’s acting director, while Mulvaney is emailing staffers at the CFPB, telling them to ignore her directives. A lawsuit has been filed, but Guy mentioned that this is nothing but a would-be coup by English, who should be fired for insubordination. Richard Cordray, the former head, resigned earlier this month. He’s expected to run for governor in Ohio:
As a result, there was a vacancy at the top of an executive agency. Under the law, President Trump has the authority to fill that vacancy. But that's not how the Left sees it. They're arguing that the CFPB is so "independent" that the president and Congress have virtually no say over its actions or leadership decisions, which is why the outgoing director schemed to appoint his own chief of staff as his successor. She has sued Trump and Trump's legally-installed interim director, Mick Mulvaney, claiming to be the agency's rightful leader. She is not.

2017-11-27T211815Z_1_LYNXMPEDAQ1LO_RTROPTP_4_USA-TRUMP-CFPB.JPG

Trump's appointee, Mick Mulvaney, wins out​

She is attempting a lawless coup at CFPB, flouting the law in pursuit of arrogating of power and implementing a hardcore ideological agenda.She not only deserves to be deposed as fake "leader" of the agency; she should be dismissed from it altogether. I happen to believe that CFPB is an abusive and unaccountable (and unconstitutional, according to a federal court ruling) leviathan, designed as such as left-wingers, that should be either reformed beyond recognition or shut down completely. Director Mulvaney's deep skepticism of the agency is warranted and correct.

Well, the courts have spoken—and they’re ruling in favor of the Trump administration:

A U.S. District Court judge in Washington handed a big victory to President Donald Trump, ruling in favor of the administration in its bid to install White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney as acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Judge Timothy Kelly denied a request by Leandra English, who was named last week as acting director by outgoing CFPB chief Richard Cordray, for a temporary restraining order to block Mulvaney from taking the post. Kelly said there was not a substantial likelihood that the case would succeed on its merits. “The administration applauds the Court’s decision," White House Deputy Press Secretary Raj Shah said in a statement. "It’s time for the Democrats to stop enabling this brazen political stunt by a rogue employee and allow Acting Director Mulvaney to continue the Bureau’s smooth transition into an agency that truly serves to help consumers.”

Cordray weighed in on the leadership battle today on CNN:

I think it is clear in the law, which says that the director of the agency, and that was me as of Friday, has the right and the duty to appoint a deputy director, and I did, and that is Leandra English, and then it says that the deputy director shall serve as acting director when the director is unavailable as for example through a vacancy that happened when I resigned (Friday night at midnight). So I believe Leandra English is the acting director. The Trump administration has a different view. They're citing a different statute. At best these two statues are in conflict with one another, so it is in front of a court. The court took it home overnight to think about it further... and that is where it will be hashed out."

Well, it’s been hashed out. Trump won this legal round.

The CFPB Coup Attempt Is Over, Court Rules In Favor Of Trump Administration

Forum List

Back