Elohim

kjw47

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2013
upstate NY
The Hebrew word Elohim--is not a name for God-- it is a Hebrew word that carries various meanings of how applied. In many Hebrew words ending with IM = plurality--but in the case of Elohim--the Hebrew translating rule is--never plural when used for the true God. Yet the trinity teachers teach that Moses wrote Elohim in Genesis as gods---- the supposed scholars know the rule but let the lie continue to mislead. Mislead one into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily, because the God of Israel is a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah) there is 0 doubt to that fact. There is no trinity god in existence.

The Hebrew word Elohim--is not a name for God-- it is a Hebrew word that carries various meanings of how applied. In many Hebrew words ending with IM = plurality--but in the case of Elohim--the Hebrew translating rule is--never plural when used for the true God. Yet the trinity teachers teach that Moses wrote Elohim in Genesis as gods---- the supposed scholars know the rule but let the lie continue to mislead. Mislead one into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily, because the God of Israel is a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah) there is 0 doubt to that fact. There is no trinity god in existence.

Something else interesting that I read once is that "Elohim" in the Bible is a term that is used applying to pagan gods (or "Gods" of other nations) and just means beings/a being who is the most powerful.

-

Something else interesting that I read once is that "Elohim" in the Bible is a term that is used applying to pagan gods (or "Gods" of other nations) and just means beings/a being who is the most powerful.

-

Elohim is just a Hebrew word--it carries various meanings--yes-gods for false trinity gods. Never for the true God.

-

Elohim is just a Hebrew word--it carries various meanings--yes-gods for false trinity gods. Never for the true God.

Someone hacked and changed my last post, but I originally said that "Elohim" in the Bible is used in reference to pagan gods as well as the God of Israel.

-

-

Someone hacked and changed my last post, but I originally said that "Elohim" in the Bible is used in reference to pagan gods as well as the God of Israel.

-

Yes for pagan trinity gods-Elohim= gods---But for the true God it is never plural. So why do the trinity religions decieve people and tell them Moses used it as gods in Genesis, when he did not?

Elohim=Deity/god

El throughout the region (variations of al, allat, allah, etc.) has been used to mean a god or deity of some type. El Shaddai is god almighty. Elohai is my god.
YHWH is a greek tetragrammaton of consonants used by in hebrew.

Elohim=Deity/god

El throughout the region (variations of al, allat, allah, etc.) has been used to mean a god or deity of some type. El Shaddai is god almighty. Elohai is my god.

Elohim also means Judges.

When Jesus responded to charges of blasphemy for claiming to be God's son he said,

“Is it not written in your own Law,” replied Jesus, “‘I have said you are gods’? And if he called these men ‘gods’ to whom the word of God was delivered (and the scripture cannot be set aside), can you say to the one whom the Father has consecrated and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

In this context elohim clearly means judges. and the argument that Jesus gave was a legal defense. His reasoning was that if the act of God in giving the law made them Judges of the law, elohim, sons of the Most High, ps.82:6, the act of God in revealing the figurative meaning of the words and hidden subjects of the law through Jesus made Jesus the Son of God, a relational metaphor for the prophet described in deuteronomy 18:18. "I will put my words into his mouth and he will convey all of my commands," . something no other man could do.

The evidence that Jesus gave to prove that he was this expected prophet was his deeds, meaning that he already did it, what no other man could do. (don't believe me because I say so, believe me because I did it)

Last edited:
Elohim is both the singular and plural for god or gods...

... in Biblical times it could also refer to a judge or judges...

... and even refer to a foreign god or gods...

... Jehovah or Yahweh is the personal name of the Judeo-Christian God...

... not Allah or Mohammed.

Elohim=Deity/god

YHWH= Hebrew not greek.

Elohim=Deity/god

Elohim also means Judges.

When Jesus responded to charges of blasphemy for claiming to be God's son he said,

“Is it not written in your own Law,” replied Jesus, “‘I have said you are gods’? And if he called these men ‘gods’ to whom the word of God was delivered (and the scripture cannot be set aside), can you say to the one whom the Father has consecrated and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

In this context elohim clearly means judges. and the argument that Jesus gave was a legal defense. His reasoning was that if the act of God in giving the law made them Judges of the law, elohim, sons of the Most High, ps.82:6, the act of God in revealing the figurative meaning of the words and hidden subjects of the law through Jesus made Jesus the Son of God, a relational metaphor for the prophet described in deuteronomy 18:18. "I will put my words into his mouth and he will convey all of my commands," . something no other man could do.

The evidence that Jesus gave to prove that he was this expected prophet was his deeds, meaning that he already did it, what no other man could do. (don't believe me because I say so, believe me because I did it)

A good day to you Hobelim, Yes Elohim carries various meanings, but it is not Gods name.

Elohim is both the singular and plural for god or gods...

... in Biblical times it could also refer to a judge or judges...

... and even refer to a foreign god or gods...

... Jehovah or Yahweh is the personal name of the Judeo-Christian God...

... not Allah or Mohammed.

Nice post--- Never plural for the true almighty God.

Forum List

Back