Elon Musk's New Cutting Edge Tesla Motor

As an aside...because you know...you never know when they're gonna start trying to lock you down again, next time using modern technology to prevent you from traveling by way of such tried and true narratives/tactics as dividing the electorate between whom they deem as essential and non-essential to their program in a given moment.

This is how it starts...for the chidrens, as usual...well...until it becomes normalized and then it's not...

ekqLoDY.png

yoNc41o.png

So, yeah, no. Huh uh. I'll just stick with freedom and an old 350 any day.

Last edited:
What an exciting future is in store for electric vehicles. There is zero comparison in acceleration between an EV and a gas engine, and top speed performance can easily be part of any EV package.

There is zero comparison in acceleration between an EV and a gas engine,

So you're gonna get to the next red light a tad bit quicker than you coud before. Okay. That's wonderful. Hurry up and wait. Right? lol.

and top speed performance can easily be part of any EV package.

I doubt that the speed limit will be raised in order to plactate this theoretically higher top speed. So you're still stuck doing 55 or whatever.

Because if you go over it...they're gonna shut you off for eratic driving.
So sayeth the law regarding new vehicles.

Hope you don't wreck when it happens. Or worse, someone else doesn't wreck into you when you get shut off in their vicinity.

This is kind of funny, really. Reminds me of the old line about ''I need the federal government to make these drug laws so I don't go out tomorrow and do a bunch of heroin!''

Last edited:
The real question is how long will it take to have the infrastructure available to handle and increased demand for electricity. We’ve already seen requests from states for people to limit how they charge their vehicles during increased demand on the grid. I’ve seen articles that equate operating generator for an hour is equivalent of driving 150 miles. An EV that causes more pollution from charging it for an hour than driving for three isn’t really a great environmental saving process.

Here it is, I mean here it is: Elon Musk has a new motor that will cut costs by 65%. How many of us will have one in the next 10 years?

Tesla will have to be more innovative in how to produce for less $$$
It's imperative.

Now the guys at the body shops will have to figure all this out.

Last edited:
The real question is how long will it take to have the infrastructure available to handle and increased demand for electricity. We’ve already seen requests from states for people to limit how they charge their vehicles during increased demand on the grid. I’ve seen articles that equate operating generator for an hour is equivalent of driving 150 miles. An EV that causes more pollution from charging it for an hour than driving for three isn’t really a great environmental saving process.
All part of the Infrastructure Bill to put recharging stations so many mile apart on all interstate highways. Gonna take some time for them to get online, of course, also worth noting that most recharging takes place at night, when demand is lowest on the grid.

All part of the Infrastructure Bill to put recharging stations so many mile apart on all interstate highways. Gonna take some time for them to get online, of course, also worth noting that most recharging takes place at night, when demand is lowest on the grid.
They now have smaller mirrors on a pole to generate electricity on sunny days. Maybe someone will be able to generate cars without having to purchase other energy sources. The catch-22 is that units that generate electricity are expensive, and they will have to figure out how many years the new gadgets work so they can keep selling product in 5 years or go belly up.

The charging stations are useless if there is not enough power on the grid to support them. It’s like building a strip mall but no tenants to rent the space. Having a generator running to charge an electric car that causes more pollution than a gas powered car is a net loss for the environment.

The charging stations are useless if there is not enough power on the grid to support them. It’s like building a strip mall but no tenants to rent the space. Having a generator running to charge an electric car that causes more pollution than a gas powered car is a net loss for the environment.
Maybe someone will invent a car with both options--gas for night drives, and electric for sunny days.

Forum List

Back