Email exchange between Edward Snowden and former GOP Senator Gordon Humphrey

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Mr. Snowden,

Provided you have not leaked information that would put in harms way any intelligence agent, I believe you have done the right thing in exposing what I regard as massive violation of the United States Constitution.

Having served in the United States Senate for twelve years as a member of the Foreign Relations Committee, the Armed Services Committee and the Judiciary Committee, I think I have a good grounding to reach my conclusion.

I wish you well in your efforts to secure asylum and encourage you to persevere.

Kindly acknowledge this message, so that I will know it reached you.

Regards,
Gordon J. Humphrey
Former United States Senator
New Hampshire

Email exchange between Edward Snowden and former GOP Senator Gordon Humphrey | Glenn Greenwald | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

An interesting exchange, and I'd like to highlight one particularly interesting piece of information from Snowden's reply.

Further, no intelligence service - not even our own - has the capacity to compromise the secrets I continue to protect. While it has not been reported in the media, one of my specializations was to teach our people at DIA how to keep such information from being compromised even in the highest threat counter-intelligence environments (i.e. China).

This is an interesting response to the people claiming that it's almost certain that Russia and China have gotten their hands on the data contained in Snowden's laptops. While we certainly can't simply take him at his word on this issue it should certainly be acknowledged as the only evidence that there is, and anything to the contrary, at least so far, is baseless speculation.

Forum List

Back