EMT refuses to help dying woman because she is on coffee break gets off scott free

She also has been trained as an EMT. And even if she wasn't sure what to do...and that is a big IF...where was her compassion to be with a woman, hold her hand, talk to her, at least TRY to assist or even comfort the woman? She died. So did her baby. And this bitch says she would do the same thing all over again? And they let her stay at her job anyway?

I sure hope nothing ever happens to someone you love and an EMT is too busy drinking her fucking coffee to offer human decency.

So she IS actually a EMT/Dispatcher who called (dispatched) an ambulance. Why would she be arrested? What kind of care can an EMT give for a breathing problem without equipment?

The inhaler in her purse?

Most asthmatics do carry inhalers and it would have been wise to ask if anyone else in the place had one. Even holding a person's arms above their head eases breathing distress sometimes. It's sad the EMT didn't do anything or show concern. She could have been prepared to do rescue breathing or CPR prior to the ambulance arriving. Even though she was a dispatcher, she had been trained.

Maybe she is one of those who thinks the law is stupid and doesn't like being forced to act. Or she just doesn't give a shit. She clearly isn't compassionate. Most people would at least talk to the woman and try to calm her. Panic seems to make asthma attacks worse. I know, I've had them.

So she IS actually a EMT/Dispatcher who called (dispatched) an ambulance. Why would she be arrested? What kind of care can an EMT give for a breathing problem without equipment?

If you know first aid, I expect you to lend a hand. She should have been made to help.

Seeing as how he abandoned the topic, I'm willing to believe the OP made the comment about her boyfriend out of anger. I agree the woman should lose her job, but I wouldn't wish harm on anybody. She will live with her decision her entire life though. Maybe that is punishment enough.

If you know first aid, I expect you to lend a hand. She should have been made to help.

I disagree. Nobody should be made to help anyone. They should be called out for the pieces of shit that they are though. For the rest of her life this woman will live with what she did, or didn't do. I hope she enjoyed her coffee. :cool:

EMT's can administer medication? You'd better check on that.

dude if i was seeing someone having an attack and found an inhaler in their purse....i would not hesitate to use it..

we just had a lady die here...sudden attack....she was alone.....this poor lady was too and just didnt know it...and her refusal to say she would do anything different in the future is beyond callous

what ACA doesn't seem to realize is that he is guilty of the same thing he is accusing her of. He says she is heartless and a piece of crap for not helping, yet he takes joy and pleasure in this womans bf being shot.

It's completely disingenuous.

I take joy because she is a piece of shit. I would have tried helping that poor woman.

Most asthmatics do carry inhalers and it would have been wise to ask if anyone else in the place had one. Even holding a person's arms above their head eases breathing distress sometimes. It's sad the EMT didn't do anything or show concern. She could have been prepared to do rescue breathing or CPR prior to the ambulance arriving. Even though she was a dispatcher, she had been trained.

Maybe she is one of those who thinks the law is stupid and doesn't like being forced to act. Or she just doesn't give a shit. She clearly isn't compassionate. Most people would at least talk to the woman and try to calm her. Panic seems to make asthma attacks worse. I know, I've had them.

union break.... dont mess with union breaks or ask anyone on a union break to do a damn thing.

see, that just it. You cant make anyone help.

should she have helped...... anyone with a scrap of humanity would have helped.

I disagree. Nobody should be made to help anyone. They should be called out for the pieces of shit that they are though. For the rest of her life this woman will live with what she did, or didn't do. I hope she enjoyed her coffee. :cool:

Did you see the interview with the EMT? She was angry, hostile and very happy with her decision. It's one she would make again.

Well, we now have good examples of why so few are willing to become EMT's. When it comes to "Monday morning quarterbacking" suddenly everybody's a friggin expert. Whine all you like, I can find nothing that we actually know about that she should have done differently.

"...basic CPR training..... open the air way".

We aren't given any information to indicate this might have helped and unnecessary CPR can be dangerous, even deadly-especially on a pregnant woman? First rule: "Do no harm".

Seeing as how he abandoned the topic, I'm willing to believe the OP made the comment about her boyfriend out of anger. I agree the woman should lose her job, but I wouldn't wish harm on anybody. She will live with her decision her entire life though. Maybe that is punishment enough.

She will sleep just fine, for the rest of her life. She stated she would do the exact same thing all over again if it presented itself. So living with her decision is fine with her.:cuckoo:

Well, we now have good examples of why so few are willing to become EMT's. When it comes to "Monday morning quarterbacking" suddenly everybody's a friggin expert. Whine all you like, I can find nothing that we actually know about that she should have done differently.

"...basic CPR training..... open the air way".

We aren't given any information to indicate this might have helped and unnecessary CPR can be dangerous, even deadly-especially on a pregnant woman? First rule: "Do no harm".

So....not even showing compassion is needed, eh? Kinda like that woman in NYC oodles of years ago that was murdered and not one person who heard and saw it, did a damn thing. I thought a new law was passed that if you are in a position to help someone, you are supposed to? Or was that dumped because humans know longer understand humanity?

Forum List

Back