End Times Prophecy

It's the same signs we've been seeing for generations and generations but more of the signs have become evident. The travel, the information. We've not seen that before. And remember..God teaches by repetition.

I don't know much about the Quran just that they acknowledge Jesus and a few verses but back to subject.
Anyone feel we are in the last days? My daughter thinks so and many signs are here so thought I'd put up this thread.
I don't. I think it's history that happened in the first century. We over look the first abomination of desolation that defiled the temple in an effort to hellenize the Jews. That was Antiochus IV.

Haha, typical ding trolling.

Yes, let's count who has started all the threads on it.
But that is one of your arguments, right? You won't find any threads created by me on it but I bet you can find posts where you made that argument.

As for your trolling accusation, I think you should remove that log from your eye. It's messing up how you see things.

Surada since you like this subject so much tell us what times you think we are in? Lets try and not insult or condemn each others belief's though.
Well it makes more sense if we don't skip Antiochus IV and the the Maccabees. Revelation says soon.

It's the same signs we've been seeing for generations and generations but more of the signs have become evident. The travel, the information. We've not seen that before. And remember..God teaches by repetition.
There are no signs.

there are only people who retrofit things they see to iron age mythologies and their religious fetishes and neuroses.

Been doing it for millennia.

I don't. I think it's history that happened in the first century. We over look the first abomination of desolation that defiled the temple in an effort to hellenize the Jews. That was Antiochus IV.

Not Helen of Troy, so hellenize means what?

You won't find any threads created by me on it but I bet you can find posts where you made that argument.
Made... what argument?

Huh?

And that wouldn't make your point anyway, if it was in response to someone else bringing it up.

Typical ding half truths and slippery, vapid rhetoric. Then it becomes my job to sift through it and point out the weasel tactics.

No thanks.

Not Helen of Troy, so hellenize means what?
Antiochus sacrificed pigs in the temple, raised a statue to Zeus or some Greek god and forbid circumcision.. among other insults. When the Jews took the temple back and rededicated it they remember that with Hanukkah.

I just did.

I took the academic position, instead of the theological position, whereby knowledge is assumed and 'divined' instead of learned.

Pk what is your position on end times theoretically speaking of course.Also do you think we have a spirit? Or just flesh?

Made... what argument?

Huh?

And that wouldn't make your point anyway, if it was in response to someone else bringing it up.

Typical ding half truths and slippery, vapid rhetoric. Then it becomes my job to sift through it and point out the weasel tactics.

No thanks.
If you can't follow this discussion I can't help you. It's not that complicated. All you have to do is start with the post that I was responding to. Which one would have assumed you had already done unless it's your habit to post on replies without understanding the context of what you are replying to.

whoisit said:
I have enough debate with books still in our Protestant Bible.

are you catholic? Do you have an opinion on the extra books and extra chapters in the catholic bible?

I have enough debate with books still in our Protestant Bible.
Scholars think Daniel was written in 168 bc...to give the Jews hope and comfort during the reign of Antiochus IV called God manifest.

Antiochus sacrificed pigs in the temple, raised a statue to Zeus or some Greek god and forbid circumcision.. among other insults. When the Jews took the temple back and rededicated it they remember that with Hanukkah.

I see nobody wants to discuss the end times ,huh?
How do you non believers answer how they knew the earth was round or it hung in space upon nothing as spoken of in scripture? [ Job 26"27 ]

Pk what is your position on end times theoretically speaking of course.Also do you think we have a spirit? Or just flesh?
There are no endtimes. No rapture. No special providence or magical gift box for anyone who believes in any particular gods or magic.

The only "spirit" we have is our brain's fascinating ability to perform introspective self awareness.

When the brain dies, you and this "spirit" cease. Forever.

Forum List

Back