Engaging an active shooter is double dangerous for the good guy.

Invisibleflash

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2019
Born L.A.-NYC is 2nd home-Rustbelt is home base
People ask why aren't the good guys with all these guns taking out the bad guys doing the mass shootings.

Not only is there a danger from return fire from the active shooter. But there is a threat from being killed from police mistaking you for the active shooter.

It has happened before.

Man Killed by Police at Alabama Mall Was a ‘Good Guy With a Gun,’ Family’s Lawyer Says

Normally I just carry a little .38 SW Airlite snub in my pocket. But sometimes on a car trip I may carry around a Glock with 2 - 33 rnd mags in my car or in a computer case.

DSC06143 lr.jpg

If I was searched at an event, what do you think the cops would think looking in my case? If I pulled it out to start blasting at an active shooter, good chance I'd be taken out by the cops thinking I was a active shooter.

Getting back to my little .38 5 shot snub. I'm not going to engage a shooter with a semi-auto rifle. It is for last ditch CQB self-defense.

No one ever said there are perfect solutions to problems humans create. Nor is there any guarantee a country will last forever.

The fact you have a gun in an active shooter situation does not mean the police will shoot at you as soon as they see you; the smarter you are in your interaction with the police in such a event, the less likely you are to be shot.

You know - put the gun on the ground, obey their commands, submit to being cuffed, etc.

People ask why aren't the good guys with all these guns taking out the bad guys doing the mass shootings.

Not only is there a danger from return fire from the active shooter. But there is a threat from being killed from police mistaking you for the active shooter.
Another thing to consider when returning fire is making sure you don't add to the horror by shooting innocent people while trying to take out the true threat. How many other people in the picture are going to know that you too are packing a piece? Very few if anyone does and when they see you with your own gun, they will wonder if you are coming to their defense or only adding to the nightmare.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back