Entire US Senate called to the White House for NK briefing...

So do you really believe the crazy Kim will really strike the US without believing it simply would be a suicide pact for his whole Nation?

I think his threats are simply verbal threats to combat Pres Trump's verbal threats....and Kim does not want to die or have his nation wiped off the face of this earth.

I wish I could agree with you & not take him seriously.....but Kim is a crazy fanatic and doesn't think or rationalize like normal people do. I wouldn't take the chance.
I think he likes his life more than ya think....

and attacking the USA in any manner would not lead to war with him, it would simply be Kim's and his nation's ANNIHILATION...there would be nothing left.

He is crazy, but he also loves his life and power, and simply is not crazy enough to give all of that up, ever...imo.

I disagree.

I believe he is stupid enough to push Trump to the point Trump order the attack.

Maybe with any other President it would not happen, but with Trump war with North Korea is happening and Kim days are number.

Wonder if it will be aired?

Don't worry, there are enough self serving anti-Trump rats who will leak the details to the media regardless, to hell with the safety of the military. Even if they are sworn to secrecy, you know they will stir the pot for political purposes.

A sad but accurate reality in 2017.

Nothing new, you won't get the truth from anyone. We'll make up some bogus bullshit for a war, we'll find out later it was bullshit, and we'll do nothing. You know, like ever since WWII.
Or we can lick our enemies nuts like obuthole did.
Oh, that's Trump. If you want Trump to stop, then he will have to be like Obama. You want that, right.

Trump is trying a ratings week.

He needs all the help he can get.

I seriously doubt this has anything to do with trying to improve his ratings. This is serious business
Everything, serious or not, is about his ratings first and foremost.

Only in your own mind and of course if this does mean all out war, it surely won't 'help' his ratings with nuts like yourself.
JAN, you are blathering. I am all for getting rid of Kim if we don't lose Seoul and its population as a result.

hey if you don't like my blathering, then put me back on ignore......it was much quieter then. :thup:
Hey, if you continue to blather, you will be called on it, every timne.

Kim is a danger to the entire world.

If Trump et al can get him out, preferably dead out, without jeopardizng SK and Jap., good.

So do you really believe the crazy Kim will really strike the US without believing it simply would be a suicide pact for his whole Nation?

I think his threats are simply verbal threats to combat Pres Trump's verbal threats....and Kim does not want to die or have his nation wiped off the face of this earth.

I wish I could agree with you & not take him seriously.....but Kim is a crazy fanatic and doesn't think or rationalize like normal people do. I wouldn't take the chance.

and attacking the USA in any manner would not lead to war with him, it would simply be Kim's and his nation's ANNIHILATION...there would be nothing left.

He is crazy, but he also loves his life and power, and simply is not crazy enough to give all of that up, ever...imo.

That really doesn't make much sense......if he's not crazy enough to give all of that up.....then why would he keep thumbing his nose at the US that has 100x's the military & arsenal than he does??? That in itself is suicide.
it hasn't been suicide for his grandfather, or his father or for himself when they saber rattled....why would he believe it would change? Talk is cheap, talk and threaten and act big so your people will think you are strong is all they have ever done....and same with us back at them....it's sort of a dance and an art in diplomacy that's been going on for decades...

Don't worry, there are enough self serving anti-Trump rats who will leak the details to the media regardless, to hell with the safety of the military. Even if they are sworn to secrecy, you know they will stir the pot for political purposes.

Nothing new, you won't get the truth from anyone. We'll make up some bogus bullshit for a war, we'll find out later it was bullshit, and we'll do nothing. You know, like ever since WWII.
Or we can lick our enemies nuts like obuthole did.

Yeah you're right, we should just make up some bogus bullshit for a war, we'll find out later it was bogus, and do nothing, just like ever since WWII.

I seriously doubt this has anything to do with trying to improve his ratings. This is serious business
I'm afraid I agree it sounds serious.

In other news, Lakhota has been unhinged since 11/9/2016 and was detached from reality long before that.
Way to defend the so-called president. :clap:

Who is the current president of The United States? :banana:

That's as intelligent as you get, isn't it? Totally uninformed "gloating" about your "team" winning.

Even as your team raids your healthcare, depresses your wages, de-funds federal programs that you disproportionately rely on, and will possibly get you vaporized in nuclear war. But still....go team!

I notice you conveniently didn't answer a direct question and went straight for attacking the poster.

Probably the "straightest" thing you've done in years.

It was not a personal attack. It was me pointing out to you that you've just voted away your money, health care, and likely your safety.

Hold onto your butts, ww3 here we come. :(

That really doesn't make much sense......if he's not crazy enough to give all of that up.....then why would he keep thumbing his nose at the US that has 100x's the military & arsenal than he does??? That in itself is suicide.
it hasn't been suicide for his grandfather, or his father or for himself when they saber rattled....why would he believe it would change? Talk is cheap, talk and threaten and act big so your people will think you are strong is all they have ever done....and same with us back at them....it's sort of a dance and an art in diplomacy that's been going on for decades...

I'm afraid the writing is on the wall.

NK's fuel has been cut.

It's Deja Vu (yeah, I wasn't alive) with FDR cutting Japan's fuel shortly before Pearl Harbor.

Way to defend the so-called president. :clap:

That's as intelligent as you get, isn't it? Totally uninformed "gloating" about your "team" winning.

Even as your team raids your healthcare, depresses your wages, de-funds federal programs that you disproportionately rely on, and will possibly get you vaporized in nuclear war. But still....go team!

I notice you conveniently didn't answer a direct question and went straight for attacking the poster.

It was not a personal attack. It was me pointing out to you that you've just voted away your money, health care, and likely your safety.

If you realize that, then why do you celebrate this horrific so-called president we have?

I don't think the daily accelerated threats from Kim is making up 'some bogus bullshit' for a war. How much longer should we just sit back & let that little bugger dance a jig before he actually follows thru with those threats & is capable of hitting the target? Just because he hasn't yet, doesn't mean he won't figure it out.

N.Korean media issue threat to 'wipe out' US

Indeed. If you know you are going to have to deal with a crazy nutjob hellbent on harming America, better to do it earlier than later. I still say military confrontation isn't as close as some think, but, it isn't an option that won't be invoked if required from what I can see.

Ultimately I will repeat this mantra until it changes, China is the biggest global threat and direct threat to America. They need to be reigned in, especially their economic expansion. Without that massive expansion, they don't expand their military and spying networks around the globe. Yes, deal with N Korea, they are a patsy to the Chinese anyways, but don't forget the source, China is driven to slaughter American influence and economic might. Even going so far as pushing for a new currency in BRIC to rid themselves of reliance on the U.S dollar as the global standard. China and Russia even signed an agreement to avoid the U.S dollar.

You let your guard down with this nation at your own peril.
So basically america needs to rule the world and control other nations, even going so far as to control the economies of other nations. Interesting. We are empire.

If you realize that, then why do you celebrate this horrific so-called president we have?

Who's the current president of The United States?

He hasn't run his mouth to the likes of Trump before. Trump is willing to use his toys and the boys from the Pentagon are taking full advantage of Trump's willingness....I believe Trump could make a move, like he did in Syria, and then .... I seriously doubt that Kim will say "oh, okay..."

If Kim believes that China has his back and that the US will not attack him then he basically has no fear of retaliation. The fly in the ointment for him and for China is Trump; nobody knows what he'll do but apparently China thinks he'll take military actions and maybe economic ones that they don't what to happen. So, it feels kinda like game of chicken, who's going to back down. I think we all know that another war on the Korean peninsula is not in anyone's best interests but so is a nuclear armed NK with ICBMs that can reach our west coast. I do not know the trust we have in our missile defense systems, but maybe it's better not to find out the hard way.

He hasn't run his mouth to the likes of Trump before. Trump is willing to use his toys and the boys from the Pentagon are taking full advantage of Trump's willingness....I believe Trump could make a move, like he did in Syria, and then .... I seriously doubt that Kim will say "oh, okay..."

Kim is about to discover threatening someone as insane as you usually end up in a arm conflict and if your toys are not as big and bad, well Kim is a dead man walking!

Well, well, well, now this is a very interesting development.....to call all 100 Senators for a briefing, then all House of Representatives will soon follow. Sounds like we're moving forward to get rid of Kim. Better get buckled up, it could be a bumpy ride........

Entire U.S. Senate to go to White House for North Korea briefing

Entire U.S. Senate to go to White House for North Korea briefing
973af590-e89a-11e6-b294-9bc8096ac008_reuters.jpg
Reuters 1 hour 34 minutes ago

2015-11-27T152805Z_3973982_GF20000076408_RTRMADP_3_USA-SECURITY-WHITEHOUSE.JPG.cf.jpg

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Top Trump administration officials will hold a rare briefing on Wednesday at the White House for the entire U.S. Senate on the situation in North Korea, senior Senate aides said on Monday.

All 100 senators have been asked to the White House for the briefing by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and General Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the aides said.

While top administration officials routinely travel to Capitol Hill to address members of Congress on foreign policy and national security matters, it is unusual for the entire 100-member Senate to go to such an event at the White House, and for those four top officials to be involved.

U.S. officials have expressed mounting concern over North Korea's nuclear and missile tests, and its threats to attack the United States and its Asian allies.

President Donald Trump criticized North Korea's "continued belligerence" and said its actions were destabilizing during a telephone call with Chinese President Xi Jinping on Sunday, the White House said.

The briefing will take place at 3 p.m. EDT (1900 GMT).

House aides said they were working with the White House to set a similar briefing for members of the House of Representatives.
Oh yay! Getting American men and women involved a war that has NOTHING to do with us simply to bully some two bit moronic dictator.....what a fucking idiotic thing to do.

Difference is Trump is not Ike, JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush sr., Clinton, Bush jr. or Obama and this time war is coming no matter if you agree or not!

Forum List

Back