Entire US Senate called to the White House for NK briefing...

Well, well, well, now this is a very interesting development.....to call all 100 Senators for a briefing, then all House of Representatives will soon follow. Sounds like we're moving forward to get rid of Kim. Better get buckled up, it could be a bumpy ride........

Entire U.S. Senate to go to White House for North Korea briefing

973af590-e89a-11e6-b294-9bc8096ac008_reuters.jpg
Reuters 1 hour 34 minutes ago

2015-11-27T152805Z_3973982_GF20000076408_RTRMADP_3_USA-SECURITY-WHITEHOUSE.JPG.cf.jpg

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Top Trump administration officials will hold a rare briefing on Wednesday at the White House for the entire U.S. Senate on the situation in North Korea, senior Senate aides said on Monday.

All 100 senators have been asked to the White House for the briefing by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and General Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the aides said.

While top administration officials routinely travel to Capitol Hill to address members of Congress on foreign policy and national security matters, it is unusual for the entire 100-member Senate to go to such an event at the White House, and for those four top officials to be involved.

U.S. officials have expressed mounting concern over North Korea's nuclear and missile tests, and its threats to attack the United States and its Asian allies.

President Donald Trump criticized North Korea's "continued belligerence" and said its actions were destabilizing during a telephone call with Chinese President Xi Jinping on Sunday, the White House said.

The briefing will take place at 3 p.m. EDT (1900 GMT).

House aides said they were working with the White House to set a similar briefing for members of the House of Representatives.
Sounds like a pre-strike briefing.

Are they going to lock the doors is it a closed meeting
According to the article,
Well, well, well, now this is a very interesting development.....to call all 100 Senators for a briefing, then all House of Representatives will soon follow. Sounds like we're moving forward to get rid of Kim. Better get buckled up, it could be a bumpy ride........

2015-11-27T152805Z_3973982_GF20000076408_RTRMADP_3_USA-SECURITY-WHITEHOUSE.JPG.cf.jpg

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Top Trump administration officials will hold a rare briefing on Wednesday at the White House for the entire U.S. Senate on the situation in North Korea, senior Senate aides said on Monday.

All 100 senators have been asked to the White House for the briefing by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and General Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the aides said.

While top administration officials routinely travel to Capitol Hill to address members of Congress on foreign policy and national security matters, it is unusual for the entire 100-member Senate to go to such an event at the White House, and for those four top officials to be involved.

U.S. officials have expressed mounting concern over North Korea's nuclear and missile tests, and its threats to attack the United States and its Asian allies.

President Donald Trump criticized North Korea's "continued belligerence" and said its actions were destabilizing during a telephone call with Chinese President Xi Jinping on Sunday, the White House said.

House aides said they were working with the White House to set a similar briefing for members of the House of Representatives.

North Korea briefing moved to White House
Sounds like it will be.

According to the article,

North Korea briefing moved to White House
Sounds like it will be.
No sandwiches though.

Trump and Mattis both want to strut their stuff. Mattis one final battle, and Trump needs ratings.

Kim is crazy is the problem, gang: he is not rational.

Mattis does not want to strut anything, I believe, Penney. I hope not.

If China would get rid of him in return for our support to not change the status quo north of the Korean DMZ, that would be the best deal we can get.

If China would get rid of him in return for our support to not change the status quo north of the Korean DMZ, that would be the best deal we can get.
Maybe it is China that is going to launch the attack ?!

what attack

Those of us who served in the Republic of Korea at times in the last sixty years can tell you fighting in North Korea (or the South, for that matter) is not like rolling through the wheat and corn field of Iowa.

Viciously rough terrain, choke points in the mountains, and even heli assets will not be enough to mitigate them much.

what attack
No, China won't attack because they don't want Kim throwing missiles at them.

The more I think about it, the most logical plan is 'shock and awe' right at Kim himself, with massive PR efforts to calm the rest of the leaders along with cyber attacks to cut off power to the missile sites.

Yeah, like anyone is telling me anything. :lol:

Trump is trying a ratings week.

He needs all the help he can get.

I seriously doubt this has anything to do with trying to improve his ratings. This is serious business
I'm afraid I agree it sounds serious.

Who is the current president of The United States? :banana:

That's as intelligent as you get, isn't it? Totally uninformed "gloating" about your "team" winning.

Even as your team raids your healthcare, depresses your wages, de-funds federal programs that you disproportionately rely on, and will possibly get you vaporized in nuclear war. But still....go team!

I notice you conveniently didn't answer a direct question and went straight for attacking the poster.

Probably the "straightest" thing you've done in years.

It was not a personal attack. It was me pointing out to you that you've just voted away your money, health care, and likely your safety.

Hold onto your butts, ww3 here we come. :(
If you realize that, then why do you celebrate this horrific so-called president we have?
This President we have is better than the last pussy we had in office.

what attack

The more I think about it, the most logical plan is 'shock and awe' right at Kim himself, with massive PR efforts to calm the rest of the leaders along with cyber attacks to cut off power to the missile sites.

My answer to the problem of the roly poly king--------discontinue all shipments of extra large fruit of
the loom undies to North Korea------<ie---get him where it hurts>

So do you really believe the crazy Kim will really strike the US without believing it simply would be a suicide pact for his whole Nation?

I think his threats are simply verbal threats to combat Pres Trump's verbal threats....and Kim does not want to die or have his nation wiped off the face of this earth.

And where would Kim get his intel? From one of his generals who wouldn't dare tell him his army isn't the most powerful on Earth?
You know what happens in North Korea when you make the jelly bean unhappy?

Oh yay! Getting American men and women involved a war that has NOTHING to do with us simply to bully some two bit moronic dictator.....what a fucking idiotic thing to do.
You left out the part where the two bit moronic dictator has missiles that could strike our closest allies in the Pacific and that he has been testing nuclear bombs for years and that he just threatened to blow America off the face of the Earth. I'm not saying we should go to war over it, but you shouldn't leave that part out, either.
Then let those allies invade and destroy the asshole.
Why? He threatened US.

what attack

My answer to the problem of the roly poly king--------discontinue all shipments of extra large fruit of
the loom undies to North Korea------<ie---get him where it hurts>
Economic sanctions were used before WW1 and WW2. They never work. They just waste time.

So do you really believe the crazy Kim will really strike the US without believing it simply would be a suicide pact for his whole Nation?

I think his threats are simply verbal threats to combat Pres Trump's verbal threats....and Kim does not want to die or have his nation wiped off the face of this earth.

And where would Kim get his intel? From one of his generals who wouldn't dare tell him his army isn't the most powerful on Earth?
You know what happens in North Korea when you make the jelly bean unhappy?

no----what

Forum List

Back