Environmental Religious Zealots, you have blood on your hands because of "CLEAN ENERGY".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know where coal and oil and natural gas come from?
I do.
And we will never use it all.
You do realize that fascists like you have been lying about this since the early 1900s, right?

I have my doubts.

You do realize that fascists like you have been lying about this since the early 1900s, right?

Did you read the link you posted? Yeah, it says:

"At least not in a physical sense. There will still be oil in the ground 10 years from now, and 50 years from now and 500 years from now. This will hold true no matter if you take a pessimistic or optimistic view about the amount of oil still available to be extracted. Let's suppose that the supply really is quite limited. What will happen as the supply starts to diminish? First, expect to see some wells run dry and either be replaced with new wells that have higher associated costs or not be replaced at all."

Let's parse that a bit, shall we? You've probably never been in an economic geology class but one of the things you learn is exactly this. The grade of the resource that is being exploited, especially if it is non-renewable like coal and oil, you will pay more and more and more and more to chase after lower grades of that resource.

This is basic economic geology.

At some point it becomes ridiculously expensive to get the resource at which point it no longer makes any sense to exploit it.

Today we are using fracking and other secondary methods to extract oil and gas. But that's a symptom of running low on it. If you weren't paying attention you might have not seen that the American oil and gas boom via fracking was largely spurred by the rising cost of more easily accessible crude from places like Saudi Arabia. When SA cut the prices it gutted a lot of the American market and decimated jobs.

Then look at the Alberta Tar Sands up in Canada. There's a particularly nasty source of fossil fuels that requires a lot more environmentally damaging methods to extract and it isn't as easy to refine. And so many of your Conservative friends bemoan the loss of the KEystone Pipeline which was slated to carry that gunk. Why? Because easily recoverable oil is getting less available leaving us with ever more difficult and expensive means to get the oil.

Take an economic geology class if you don't believe me.

I have my doubts.

Did you read the link you posted? Yeah, it says:

"At least not in a physical sense. There will still be oil in the ground 10 years from now, and 50 years from now and 500 years from now. This will hold true no matter if you take a pessimistic or optimistic view about the amount of oil still available to be extracted. Let's suppose that the supply really is quite limited. What will happen as the supply starts to diminish? First, expect to see some wells run dry and either be replaced with new wells that have higher associated costs or not be replaced at all."

Let's parse that a bit, shall we? You've probably never been in an economic geology class but one of the things you learn is exactly this. The grade of the resource that is being exploited, especially if it is non-renewable like coal and oil, you will pay more and more and more and more to chase after lower grades of that resource.

This is basic economic geology.

At some point it becomes ridiculously expensive to get the resource at which point it no longer makes any sense to exploit it.

Today we are using fracking and other secondary methods to extract oil and gas. But that's a symptom of running low on it. If you weren't paying attention you might have not seen that the American oil and gas boom via fracking was largely spurred by the rising cost of more easily accessible crude from places like Saudi Arabia. When SA cut the prices it gutted a lot of the American market and decimated jobs.

Then look at the Alberta Tar Sands up in Canada. There's a particularly nasty source of fossil fuels that requires a lot more environmentally damaging methods to extract and it isn't as easy to refine. And so many of your Conservative friends bemoan the loss of the KEystone Pipeline which was slated to carry that gunk. Why? Because easily recoverable oil is getting less available leaving us with ever more difficult and expensive means to get the oil.

Take an economic geology class if you don't believe me.
Some wells run dry now, silly.

I wish I hadn't wasted my time trying to explain complex topics to you.

I can't help myself. I see your ignorance as something that technically can be dispelled. But I can't think for you.
You didn’t try to explain, and the fascist lies you spin, including the ones that assert that anybody who objects to climate fascism is IGNORANT, are not complex. Or original.

You didn’t try to explain, and the fascist lies you spin, including the ones that assert that anybody who objects to climate fascism is IGNORANT, are not complex. Or original.

So what part of the explanation of decreasing resources that I provided from an economic geology point of view was a "fascist lie"?

(I don't expect you to actually answer this since trolling is your game but I thought I'd give you a chance since you seem to think you aren't ignorant)

So what part of the explanation of decreasing resources that I provided from an economic geology point of view was a "fascist lie"?

(I don't expect you to actually answer this since trolling is your game but I thought I'd give you a chance since you seem to think you aren't

(I don't expect you to actually answer this since trolling is your game but I thought I'd give you a chance since you seem to think you aren't ignorant)
All you have provided are fantasies. Theories. It’s a religion and you are the acolyte.

Agreed. There's not going to be any energy source that doesn't come with some cost or risk. That's how we advance our technological landscape. We can do it rationally and responsibly.
Why aren’t we then? Wind and solar suck, and unreliable

The future will look very different to what you and I grew up with. By necessity. Windfarms cannot by themselves replace all of coal or nat gas. But we don't really have a choice in the matter in the long run. Wind won't run out. Coal, oil and natural gas will someday. And on the way there these non-renewables will further pollute and harm the environment and climate.

The future of energy will be a more distributed system of multiple renewables. (So long as the luddites don't work overtime to destroy progress).
The future will always look different. Cell phones didn’t exist in 1956.

You are an inspiration! Someone who can be consistently shown to be wrong yet someone makes it someone else's problem.

Thanks.
Wrong? Nope. It is funny that you can’t follow along. It’s easy to see you would think that since you have that issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back