Environmentalists outraged after ‘green’ wind turbines murder family of whales

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Poor whales..

Jun 3, 2017 6:12 pm
Some environmentalists are saying wind turbines pose a threat to whales after a family of minke whales were found dead in the United Kingdom.

According to reports by the Times (London) and Daily Caller, a young minke whale was found dead in the United Kingdom on May 20. Its mother was found dead on a nearby beach the same day, and a third whale washed ashore on May 21. It’s believed the three whales were part of the same family.

According to marine wildlife experts, the whales were likely disoriented by nearby wind turbines, which can affect the sonar whales use to navigate.

“My personal opinion is that could be a consequence of wind farms and the amount of sand in the water,” said John Cresswell, chairman of the Felixstowe Volunteer Coast Patrol Rescue Service,according to the Times. “If you stop the boat off the coast you can feel the vibrations and hear the noise.”

“There are studies that show that the sounds created by the operational noise of the turbines create vibrations under that may in fact disorient marine mammals like whales,” Bonnie Brady, director of the Long Island Commercial Fishing

Offshore Wind Turbines Blamed For Killing Family Of Whales

Poor whales..

Some environmentalists are saying wind turbines pose a threat to whales after a family of minke whales were found dead in the United Kingdom.

According to reports by the Times (London) and Daily Caller, a young minke whale was found dead in the United Kingdom on May 20. Its mother was found dead on a nearby beach the same day, and a third whale washed ashore on May 21. It’s believed the three whales were part of the same family.

According to marine wildlife experts, the whales were likely disoriented by nearby wind turbines, which can affect the sonar whales use to navigate.

“My personal opinion is that could be a consequence of wind farms and the amount of sand in the water,” said John Cresswell, chairman of the Felixstowe Volunteer Coast Patrol Rescue Service,according to the Times. “If you stop the boat off the coast you can feel the vibrations and hear the noise.”

“There are studies that show that the sounds created by the operational noise of the turbines create vibrations under that may in fact disorient marine mammals like whales,” Bonnie Brady, director of the Long Island Commercial Fishing

So to save the whales from global warming we have to kill them with wind farms?

Poor whales..

That along with millions of birds and bats I guess...

Poor whales..

That along with millions of birds and bats I guess...

I can't help but feel that somehow I am to blame and I need to be taxed more to stop the slaughter of these poor animals?

Don't act like you care about whales, rubes. Some people are trying to do good and encountering obstacles, while you rubes are hellbent on doing evil.

Trump administration throws out new prot
Don't act like you care about whales, rubes. Some people are trying to do good and encountering obstacles, while you rubes are hellbent on doing evil.

[URL='http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-administration-cancels-new-protection-for-endangered-whales-and-sea-turtles-west-coast/']Trump administration throws out new protection for endangered whales

ection for endangered whales[/URL]

Getfo that was an Obama deputy director that did that..

It's already been covered here.

I was told by an Alaskan that whales are very tasty! :thup:

Under Trump. You don't give af about whales. But you do hate investing in new sources of energy.

No it's called how much...money latest I see 63 trillion dollars world wide it won't do a damn thing.

And again that whale law was already covered ..it was a deputy director hired by Obama.

Trump tosses protection for whales/turtles

Jim Kurth

JimKurthUSFWS175.jpg

Jim Kurth became Acting Director for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service January 20, 2017, upon the completion of the term of former director, Dan Ashe. Previously, Kurth served as the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s Deputy Director for Operations, having been appointed on January 7, 2015.

As Deputy Director for Operations, Kurth promotes and implements the agency’s mission and priorities throughout the United States and abroad by developing and strengthening partnerships with other federal agencies and foreign governments, states, tribes, non-governmental organizations and the private sector. He also assists Director Ashe in ensuring agency performance and accountability, customer service, and consistent application of all Service resource management policies.

Under Trump. You don't give af about whales. But you do hate investing in new sources of energy.

No it's called how much...money latest I see 63 trillion dollars world wide it won't do a damn thing.

And again that whale law was already covered ..it was a deputy director hired by Obama.

Jim Kurth

JimKurthUSFWS175.jpg

Jim Kurth became Acting Director for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service January 20, 2017, upon the completion of the term of former director, Dan Ashe. Previously, Kurth served as the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s Deputy Director for Operations, having been appointed on January 7, 2015.

As Deputy Director for Operations, Kurth promotes and implements the agency’s mission and priorities throughout the United States and abroad by developing and strengthening partnerships with other federal agencies and foreign governments, states, tribes, non-governmental organizations and the private sector. He also assists Director Ashe in ensuring agency performance and accountability, customer service, and consistent application of all Service resource management policies.

He's been in the department since Dubya. Conveniently became Director the day Trump was inaugurated. And harming whales, something that you falsely claim to care about, was one of his first acts. With Trump's approval.

Jim Kurth

JimKurthUSFWS175.jpg

He's been in the department since Dubya. Conveniently became Director the day Trump was inaugurated. And harming whales, something that you falsely claim to care about, was one of his first acts. With Trump's approval.

Yea and Trump didn't name a new one .. We know how much you want to pin it on Trump..

So post the link Trump approved it?

Jim Kurth

JimKurthUSFWS175.jpg

Yea and Trump didn't name a new one .. We know how much you want to pin it on Trump..

So post the link Trump approved it?

Of all the evil shit Trump is doing, you think THIS is what I want to pin on him? Just admit you don't give a fuck about whales, and only about opposing new energy technology, and I'll be on my way.

Forum List

Back