Epitaph For The Rubio Campaign...

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
It would be easy to blame Campaign Manager Terry Sullivan and Deputy Campaign Manager Rich Beeson for what happened. Did their tactics of keeping Marco "on message" create what Fatso did to him before New Hampshire. Did they mistake that tactic which Obama used so well instead of letting him free-lance, showing him as the quick witted and eloquent off-the cuff candidate he actually was? YES. But of more concern was their lack of follow-up after a Rubio appearance. Receptive crowds showed up, listened, liked what they heard and then the show was gone and......nothing. The Iowa campaign was ONE field office in the Des Moines suburbs. Cruz meanwhile had multiple offices and almost 100 appearances. Sullivan and Beeson theorized having Marco on the network shows was more effective than the rubber chicken circuit. And it cost them Iowa. And yet they didn't learn.

A LAZY campaign that never followed up after absentee ballots were mailed in each state. The old school knows you have to pester those people to get their attention and their vote. And then they decided to out-insult Trump. And it WORKED but was taken too far and went against the grain of what the voters had seen out of Rubio before. They didn't like it....only Trump's moonbats go for that kind of behavior and they weren't about to switch to a candidate that could actually speak Spanish (Cruz the Cuban no habla espanola). And there was Bush, and Fatso, and Carson, and Kasich keeping the votes divided letting Trump win with 30%. The Rubio team had to run a PERFECT counter given the circumstances but were more enthralled with keeping the donors happy than the possible voters. And in the end the donors got off the train and STILL there was nothing new...same speech, dwindling crowds, the media hacks descending down like buzzards on carrion. And now he's gone and maybe permanently scarred for his effort and their ignorance.

Last edited:
:afro: happy , happy , happy am I !! roobio was a little boy who panderd to his Spanish speaking people in their foreign language as he looked to become Presidential nominee Tom .

• Banned
:afro: happy , happy , happy am I !! roobio was a little boy who panderd to his Spanish speaking people in their foreign language as he looked to become Presidential nominee Tom .

I see you missed the point of my OP.....for a campaign to defeat a democrat, it has to work like it's life depended on it. Your veiled racism toward Rubio isn't worth bothering with. Bottom line? Your kind will get Hillary elected because you have no idea what's happening. You should sue the public school you went to....they taught you zip.

From the beginning, even before the beginning, I was hoping for a Kasich/Rubio ticket. And repeatedly said Rubio should be down ballot from Kasich due to his inexperience.

His inexperience is what did him in.

But a Kasich/Rubio ticket would still be unbeatable.

Even though Rubio lost Florida to Trump, Rubio's performance at the Miami debate demonstrated he is definitely the right man to represent Florida in the Senate. The voters just decided he wasn't the right man for the White House is all.

Rubio's legacy:

390.gif

• Banned
Even though Rubio lost Florida to Trump, Rubio's performance at the Miami debate demonstrated he is definitely the right man to represent Florida in the Senate. The voters just decided he wasn't the right man for the White House is all.

He's not interested in the Senate anymore but you're right that he has to use his remaining months there to show up and use his influence with the committees he's on. After that I presume he'll land a partnership with a law firm, make some money, and look at the Governor's office in 2018.

Little Marco had absolutely nothing to say about any topic. Hillary would have squashed Little Marco.

From the beginning, even before the beginning, I was hoping for a Kasich/Rubio ticket. And repeatedly said Rubio should be down ballot from Kasich due to his inexperience.

Experience? Hardly...he's a foreign-policy whiz and a savvy politician from his Florida house Speaker days. I can't imagine Kasich telling him anything since he's been gone from the inner-circle so long. Nope...his campaign was mis-managed by RNC pros who took big money and did little work.

I see you missed the point of my OP.....for a campaign to defeat a democrat, it has to work like it's life depended on it. Your veiled racism toward Rubio isn't worth bothering with. Bottom line? Your kind will get Hillary elected because you have no idea what's happening. You should sue the public school you went to....they taught you zip.
--------------------------------- AND , that's ok with me , I have stated in many threads on this board that if Trump is excluded one way or the other I will vote for 'hilary' . AND I vote for Hilary so that she can mess you moderate rinos and your kids up even more !! Also hope that moderate rinos that supported people like 'roobio'the are young with widdle kids so that all the family can experience hilarys and democrats reign for the next 8 years TOM !!

Experience? Hardly...he's a foreign-policy whiz and a savvy politician from his Florida house Speaker days. I can't imagine Kasich telling him anything since he's been gone from the inner-circle so long. Nope...his campaign was mis-managed by RNC pros who took big money and did little work.
---------------------------------------------- and that's good job by the 'rnc' pros Tom !!

--------------------------------- AND , that's ok with me , I have stated in many threads on this board that if Trump is excluded one way or the other I will vote for 'hilary' . AND I vote for Hilary so that she can mess you moderate rinos and your kids up even more !! Also hope that moderate rinos that supported people like 'roobio'the are young with widdle kids so that all the family can experience hilarys and democrats reign for the next 8 years TOM !!

Yeah, I'm the "moderate RINO" who's advocated for Arizona leaving the US and joining with Texas, Colorado, and the Gulf states to form a new country you can't enter without a passport and can't invade without getting fucked up. That's the kind of "moderate RINO" I am. :lol:

BTW....for all the pencil-necks here talking the "Little Marco" jive? Check the guns on the cat...he'd snap Donald's neck in a new yawk second....

sen-marco-rubio-campaigns-in-iowa-1.jpg

Forum List

Back