🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Epoch Times - a better source of current events

I get it directly on Roku

but its available on many platforms

with the growing censorship on YouTube people are moving to other sources of information

“China in Focus” for instance is hated by the communist dictatorship in Peking and now YouTube is harassing them in numerous ways including demonetization

but they are now available on Epoch TV
:thankusmile:

Mac-7, I just now read your post informing me of something I was unaware of which is Epoch TV can be streamed by Roku. I just added it. I have the Epoch Times newsletter every morning, online, and am now so glad I can watch any of their topics with well-informed, authors and hosts via Roku. Thanks, so much, again. They are a great news source focusing on the truth of what is really going on in the world, sans any fabricated distortion narrative to the contrary.

:thankusmile:

Mac-7, I just now read your post informing me of something I was unaware of which is Epoch TV can be streamed by Roku. I just added it. I have the Epoch Times newsletter every morning, online, and am now so glad I can watch any of their topics with well-informed, authors and hosts via Roku. Thanks, so much, again. They are a great news source focusing on the truth of what is really going on in the world, sans any fabricated distortion narrative to the contrary.
Thank you

I’m glad it helped

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
AquaAthena

I totally dont care what the critics of Epoch TV think

If news and opinion censured by flaming libs in the mainstream media meets their expectations thats their problem not mine

Objectivity is a goal of traditional media. The Epoch Times is not driven by any such goal.
No, its not. It USED to be an ideal. Modern media has done away with this concept entirely. In fact, most agencies now openly decry the idea of objectivity.

It is true that they ALL have an agenda now and that is why there is almost zero trust in the major 'news' institutions.

You are right that epoch times is garbage propaganda but not because they have an agenda. It is because they make shit up and bend the truth to fit a political agenda no matter what the actual truth is. Golfing Digest has an agenda. It is not a propaganda outfit though.

In fact, most agencies now openly decry the idea of objectivity.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Ummm?
I will question that assertion.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

It is true that they ALL have an agenda now and that is why there is almost zero trust in the major 'news' institutions.

'zero trust in the major news organizations'?
OK, perhaps.

However, what other 'minor' sources are superior?
Breietbart? Drudge? Gateway Pundit? Reddit? Great Awakenings?

The ecosphere we now exist within requires......requires......a 'sampling' approach to the whole menu.

Eat what you like (Duh!!)......... e.g.,NBC/FOX

........AND.......

....seek other inputs that you may not prefer, but will give you alternative views.......e.g., MSNBC/Wall Street Journal.

This stuff ain't hard. In fact, it is easier now than it has ever been to be well informed. The sources are abundant, and they are easily accessed. Neither of those realities have always been true.
We are better today for our access to that big river of information.

A society, a life, doesn't benefit by knowing less.

IMHO

with the growing censorship on YouTube people are moving to other sources of information

“China in Focus” for instance is hated by the communist dictatorship in Peking and now YouTube is harassing them in numerous ways including demonetization

Every time I read an article of theirs, I get
Asian dating site popups.

I got a free copy of it today in the mail. Reads like a far - right rag, very little truth in it, many mentions of trump and other republican shenanigans. Plus there were some weird religious articles, not Christian, but still weird. More like meditation things, again alluding to many things but very little facts. And that's bad for a paper that touts an independent outlook on the news.

Last edited:
I got a free copy of it today in the mail. Reads like a far - right rag, very little truth in it, many mentions of trump and other republican shenanigans. Plus there were some weird religious articles, not Christian, but still weird. More like meditation things, again alluding to many things but very little facts. And that's bad for a paper that touts an independent outlook on the news.

"but still weird"

I think the real issue is that you can not recognize solid ground anymore. You've been adrift in an ocean of lies and misdirects so long that you dislike solid information.

It's okay. Many people are feeling the effects of sea sickness just the same as you. The important thing to realize, whether you believe in religion or not, is that you can see the difference between opinionated editorials and factual reporting. Even if you do not like the facts, the facts are what rational, stable, people base their judgments upon.

Bon Voyage!

"but still weird"

I think the real issue is that you can not recognize solid ground anymore. You've been adrift in an ocean of lies and misdirects so long that you dislike solid information.

It's okay. Many people are feeling the effects of sea sickness just the same as you. The important thing to realize, whether you believe in religion or not, is that you can see the difference between opinionated editorials and factual reporting. Even if you do not like the facts, the facts are what rational, stable, people base their judgments upon.

Bon Voyage!
No, I am no trump supporter, I never believed all his lies. The reports ? in that newspaper were highly opinionated, not news at all.

Forum List

Back