Erdogan-supporters are beating, torturing, and killing soldiers

When Erdoğan first became Prime Minister, in 2003, he was the Islamic world’s great democratic hope, a leader of enormous vitality who would show the world that an avowedly Islamist politician could lead a stable democracy and carry on as a member of NATO, too.

Those hopes evaporated quickly. Erdoğan, who was elected Turkey’s president in 2014, has taken a page from Vladimir Putin’s playbook, using democratic institutions to legitimize his rule while crushing his opponents, with an eye to ultimately smothering democracy itself. Over the past decade, Erdoğan has silenced, marginalized, or crushed nearly anyone in the country who might oppose him, including newspaper editors, university professors, aid workers, and dissident politicians. (What an irony that Erdoğan, who has imprisoned so many journalists, and gone to great lengths to censor Twitter, Facebook and YouTube, may have saved his Presidency by using FaceTime to make an early Saturday appearance on a Turkish television news channel.) President Obama and other Western leaders, seeing Erdoğan as a bulwark against chaos, largely gave him a pass. In his most recent grab for authoritarian powers, Erdoğan pushed through a law that stripped members of parliament of immunity from prosecution, a measure that his critics fear, with good reason, that he will use to remove the few remaining lawmakers who still oppose him. The Purge Begins in Turkey - The New Yorker
the analogy to putin seems to be spot on. but from a practical standpoint a coup isn't the answer and we absolutely can't support one.

When Erdoğan first became Prime Minister, in 2003, he was the Islamic world’s great democratic hope, a leader of enormous vitality who would show the world that an avowedly Islamist politician could lead a stable democracy and carry on as a member of NATO, too.

Those hopes evaporated quickly. Erdoğan, who was elected Turkey’s president in 2014, has taken a page from Vladimir Putin’s playbook, using democratic institutions to legitimize his rule while crushing his opponents, with an eye to ultimately smothering democracy itself. Over the past decade, Erdoğan has silenced, marginalized, or crushed nearly anyone in the country who might oppose him, including newspaper editors, university professors, aid workers, and dissident politicians. (What an irony that Erdoğan, who has imprisoned so many journalists, and gone to great lengths to censor Twitter, Facebook and YouTube, may have saved his Presidency by using FaceTime to make an early Saturday appearance on a Turkish television news channel.) President Obama and other Western leaders, seeing Erdoğan as a bulwark against chaos, largely gave him a pass. In his most recent grab for authoritarian powers, Erdoğan pushed through a law that stripped members of parliament of immunity from prosecution, a measure that his critics fear, with good reason, that he will use to remove the few remaining lawmakers who still oppose him. The Purge Begins in Turkey - The New Yorker
the analogy to putin seems to be spot on. but from a practical standpoint a coup isn't the answer and we absolutely can't support one.
We dont need to support him either......

ISIS and Erdogan are one.
well you're clearly an idiot.

If you get personal there is no sense in talking to you any more.
i'm sorry. if you are claiming that isis and erdogan are somehow the same thing there is no polite way to say it. you're an idiot.

probably more like IDEOLOGICALLY----allied

More than that ...Erdogan uses ISIS to suppress the Kurds...he can not send the Turkish Army directly to Syrian Kurdistan....so he uses ISIS against the Kurds.... This scum Erdogan sees himself as the head of the Ottoman Emipre.....this piece of excrement Erdogan.....that's all he want's that is his dream.

unless you no longer want their help and resources in the fight against isis we sort of do

i'm sorry. if you are claiming that isis and erdogan are somehow the same thing there is no polite way to say it. you're an idiot.

More than that ...Erdogan uses ISIS to suppress the Kurds...he can not send the Turkish Army directly to Syrian Kurdistan....so he uses ISIS against the Kurds.... This scum Erdogan sees himself as the head of the Ottoman Emipre.....this piece of excrement Erdogan.....that's all he want's that is his dream.
you need to cite your source

unless you no longer want their help and resources in the fight against isis we sort of do
no we dont......we dont need his "help" we dont need him period.......he needs us for legitimacy...........for all I care you could let the Russian bear loose on them

I had no idea that ISIS was involving itself with the kurds of Syria------that would be ---the kurds residing in the northern part of Syria ? ------they got ISIS scum over there?

well that would also be wrong.

no----they got commonality of cause-----CALIPHATE.
They have as much in COMMON as-----Adolf had with
Mussolini

no we dont......we dont need his "help" we dont need him period.......he needs us for legitimacy...........for all I care you could let the Russian bear loose on them
bad precedent to set for a nato nation.

and we do need their airbase.

it would be far better if the US used it STRENGTH to impose
its will on ISIS and -----to use its strength do impose its will
to ATTAIN ITS JUST ENDS---(that means impose on Turkey not kiss the ass of a caliphatist dog. <<<< we did that in Iraq---
long ago)

They shouldnt be NATO...........they need us.....we were there long before they became NATO...proof they need us not other way around

Christian neighborhoods under attack

you got a link? sheeeeesh-------the US should airlift them OUT OF THERE
why?

turkey is going shariah cesspit----like Isis.

This doesn't show that you know what you are talking about.
Endrogan is facing 2 enemies ISIS and the PKK Kurds. He is fighting ISIS relentlessly. I'm sure you don't know that either.
He allowed US airbase operate inside Turkey. Did you see the mass supporting endrogan? Did you see the mass trying to stop these renegades?
Countries like Pakistan, Turkey, Iran, Saudi etc........... Cannot run the country by being pussy. They have to be tough in order to maintain peace and order.

your comment reveals the fact that you are an idiot. You have no idea what I 'KNOW' I do know that you are FILTH------You have stated that ---I (that is me, rosie) do not know that
Turkey and the dog Erdogan OPPOSE ISIS--------show me some evidence of that idea which exists in YOUR SHIT FILLED HEAD based on something I have posted------do you actually believe that allah told you what I THINK? What does PUSSY have to do with anything------PUSSY?

Talking nasty eh! Okay.
Filth? When you are the one spreading your bullshit and your filth propaganda. Ask me again if I give a FUCK what you know. Who the hell are you again Rosie shit?
Pussy president means weak is what I'm talking about idiot...... And you don't know that either.
You might be an expert of sharia law but that doesn't mean you know what is going in ME. You opinions are obsolete.
Show me a link that endrogan supporting ISIS? US airbase is in Turkey that alone prove that he is fighting ISIS. Stupid fuck.

Photo of dozens of Turkish soldiers bound together after being stripped of their uniforms following their arrest.

Probably all killed by now.....after being cruelly tortured by Erdogan Islamic thugs.

May God have pity on them.

what do you think we would do with soldiers that attempted a coup? tickle them?

What side are you on??????

you make me sick!

Let m guest you a Putin supporter. How do you suppose to treat people committed treason? Give them a hug?

why?

Endrogan is facing 2 enemies ISIS and the PKK Kurds. He is fighting ISIS relentlessly. I'm sure you don't know that either.
He allowed US airbase operate inside Turkey. Did you see the mass supporting endrogan? Did you see the mass trying to stop these renegades?
Countries like Pakistan, Turkey, Iran, Saudi etc........... Cannot run the country by being pussy. They have to be tough in order to maintain peace and order.

your comment reveals the fact that you are an idiot. You have no idea what I 'KNOW' I do know that you are FILTH------You have stated that ---I (that is me, rosie) do not know that
Turkey and the dog Erdogan OPPOSE ISIS--------show me some evidence of that idea which exists in YOUR SHIT FILLED HEAD based on something I have posted------do you actually believe that allah told you what I THINK? What does PUSSY have to do with anything------PUSSY?

Talking nasty eh! Okay.
Filth? When you are the one spreading your bullshit and your filth propaganda. Ask me again if I give a FUCK what you know. Who the hell are you again Rosie shit?
Pussy president means weak is what I'm talking about idiot...... And you don't know that either.
You might be an expert of sharia law but that doesn't mean you know what is going in ME. You opinions are obsolete.
Show me a link that endrogan supporting ISIS? US airbase is in Turkey that alone prove that he is fighting ISIS. Stupid fuck.

you are decompensating charwin------YOU ASSERTED YOUR IDIOTIC BELIEF THAT YOU "" KNOW""" WHAT I THINK---AND WHAT I THINK-----and now you claim "" Ask me again if I give a FUCK what you know"" ok---so you know what I think----but you "don't give a fuck"------are you referring, now---to UNWANTED INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS IN YOUR HEAD?

what do you think we would do with soldiers that attempted a coup? tickle them?

What side are you on??????

you make me sick!
generally speaking i'm on the side of democratically elected governments and not on military coups.

how about you? why did you want to see the nato nation and u.s. ally overthrown by this particular group of officers?

Because I am not for Sharia Law, ok? I am for a secular Turkey.

F*** Erdogan.
oh i see. you know better than the people of turkey how they should be governed.

tell me, what did the coup stand for?

For liberty and freedom and secularism.

Turkish has all the freedom. Not sure what you are talking about.

why?

Talking nasty eh! Okay.

your analysis is very superficial-----"we have an airbase in Turkey which PROVES that Erdogan is fighting ISIS" SO??
lots of muslim factions FIGHT each other but ALSO have common cause. We have air bases in military installations
in Saudi arabia too-----does that mean that MOST SAUDIS LOVE THE USA or support whatever the USA supports?

Talking nasty eh! Okay.

you are decompensating charwin------YOU ASSERTED YOUR IDIOTIC BELIEF THAT YOU "" KNOW""" WHAT I THINK---AND WHAT I THINK-----and now you claim "" Ask me again if I give a FUCK what you know"" ok---so you know what I think----but you "don't give a fuck"------are you referring, now---to UNWANTED INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS IN YOUR HEAD?

Because you are bragging what you know.... Which means NOTHING.
What idiotic belief? When you are spreading your filth bullshit obsolete propaganda.

Forum List

Back