Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen Emails: NBC News

Legal is legal. How can you prosecute someone for doing something legal? Share that plan with us.
It was not legal though. He lied to congress about having knowledge or involvement into that investigation. That was false.

Leave it to you though to ignore that fact and try and point to something that was legal to cover it up. This is just to add onto the other things that have been occurring under this admin.
I'm a liberal. Even though what Holder did was legal because of the Patriot Act, this is exactly what progressives don't want out of a transparent government that is truly accountable to the people. I voted for Obama both times. Still would considering the competition, but this is NOT acceptable to me as a progressive. And this taken with the IRS scandal, the seeming cluelessness or ignorance of the President over that matter and others (as John Stewart so deftly pointed out), and the expansion of drone strikes - some on American citizens - convinces me that, although I'm not a Democrat, the Republicans - a party of primitive, ignorant, credulous, insane, self-centered, bigoted, religious nuts -actually have a point, despite the hypocrisy. And when the GOP take the White House in 2016 because of the energized base and moderates that fall for the poignant campaign ads that year, and rub it in our faces, we'll have no one else to blame but Obama.
Sorry but your bull is just that, bull. The first bold is ironic as both cannot be true. If these actions truly were unacceptable, then you would not vote for him. The reality is that those actions are fully supported by you and those that are like you. When you vote for someone, you are supporting the actions that they take. Stating that they are acceptable.

The second bold illustrates how partisan you are being. Sorry, there is no party that is filled with ‘primitive, ignorant, credulous, insane, self-centered, bigoted, religious nuts.’ That is your over active imagination making the opponents to your political ideology a despised enemy. That might help you slee3p at night after you vote for the trash that you have but I can assure you that those in the democrat party are no more or less genuine Americans that truly do care for their country and where it is going than you do.

Then again, I don’t feel the need to demonize the other side just to cast my vote.

I'm sorry but McCain/Palin and/or Romney/Ryan would, I believe, based on the record of the Bush/(especially)Cheney Administration and the proposals of the GOP leadership regarding civil rights and freedoms (i.e. profiling, among others) been worse than the Democrats. I don't like Democrats, for the most part, but the Republicans have been even more unacceptable. Its the choice between bad and worse and I didn't choose worse.

I wasn't demonizing the Republican party, I was painting with a broad brush. SOME of them aren't as I described.

What total horse shit!

Name one instance of profiling that you find so objectionable by the conservatives you named? In looking at the Rosen; IRS; and Benghazi scandals there are so many civil rights violations as never seen before! All of these have two things in common: This president and democrats!!!

It was not legal though. He lied to congress about having knowledge or involvement into that investigation. That was false.

Leave it to you though to ignore that fact and try and point to something that was legal to cover it up. This is just to add onto the other things that have been occurring under this admin.

Sorry but your bull is just that, bull. The first bold is ironic as both cannot be true. If these actions truly were unacceptable, then you would not vote for him. The reality is that those actions are fully supported by you and those that are like you. When you vote for someone, you are supporting the actions that they take. Stating that they are acceptable.

The second bold illustrates how partisan you are being. Sorry, there is no party that is filled with ‘primitive, ignorant, credulous, insane, self-centered, bigoted, religious nuts.’ That is your over active imagination making the opponents to your political ideology a despised enemy. That might help you slee3p at night after you vote for the trash that you have but I can assure you that those in the democrat party are no more or less genuine Americans that truly do care for their country and where it is going than you do.

Then again, I don’t feel the need to demonize the other side just to cast my vote.

I'm sorry but McCain/Palin and/or Romney/Ryan would, I believe, based on the record of the Bush/(especially)Cheney Administration and the proposals of the GOP leadership regarding civil rights and freedoms (i.e. profiling, among others) been worse than the Democrats. I don't like Democrats, for the most part, but the Republicans have been even more unacceptable. Its the choice between bad and worse and I didn't choose worse.

I wasn't demonizing the Republican party, I was painting with a broad brush. SOME of them aren't as I described.

What total horse shit!

Name one instance of profiling that you find so objectionable by the conservatives you named? In looking at the Rosen; IRS; and Benghazi scandals there are so many civil rights violations as never seen before! All of these have two things in common: This president and democrats!!!

Proves what an absolute stupidity runs through liberal minds, they rather take a hit to their personal freedoms than admit they are wrong.

Look, I'm not some idiot who gets his information from MSNBC or isn't skeptical of a campaign that has an obvious interest in tearing down its opposition. Mitt Romney was by his own words: severely conservative. By his own words he said the 47% thing. That wasn't spun- it didn't need it. I watched the debates, I listened to what Romney and the other candidates had to say. And I saw what happened witht the GOP. For a while Donald Trump was the front runner, then Michelle "I heard the HPV vaccine makes you retarded" Bachman, then Rick "Oops" Perry, then Herman "9-9-9" Cain, then Newt Gingrich, then Rick "fundamentalist" Santorum, and FINALLY Mitt Romney. Even the GOP didn't want him. How was I sold that? Mitt said things I don't agree with. Even though he WAS a moderate in Mass. his positions had changed to severe conservative described with his own words: against abortion in all cases, self deportation, 47%, etc. etc. etc.

And yes, there are racists of all political stripes. But Democrats nominated a black man and voted to make him the leader of the free world. The GOP attempted to lower minority voting, not just through ID cards, but also through limiting voting outreach programs (Florida), getting rid of early voting (Ohio, Florida, Virginia), having shorter hours for polling places in Democratic heavy (i.e. minority) districts but longer hours of operation in conservative districts (Ohio). So until the GOP starts putting its money where its mouth is, its the party of racism.

And let's not get into ALL the other issues on which the GOP is backwards.

Please...you view Mitt Romney as "severely conservative"? Really? Gotta be honest with you, Mountain Man...just that statement alone shows me that you're not viewing things in a rational manner. Name another Republican candidate that was LESS moderate than Mitt Romney was? You can't because he was the most moderate of ALL the GOP candidates...yet somehow all those racist, bible thumping homophobes that you're convinced make up the GOP nominated HIM and before him, John McCain as their candidate? Does that make any sense to you? Think about it "rationally".

Romney SAID that he was SEVERELY CONSERVATIVE. He represented himself that way. I liked Jon Huntsman, despite his Mormonism. He never represented himself as SEVERELY CONSERVATIVE. I go by the evidence. That is rational. Romney had been a moderate but by all of the evidence he had transformed into a severe conservative. There was the video of him actaully saying the 47% comment. That is evidence. He denied evolution on stage. That is evidence. He said he was aginst same-sex marriage. That is evidence. On Mike Huckabee Romney said he was against all abortions. That is evidence. I saw all this with my own eyes. I saw his ad accusing Obama of waiving the work requirements for welfare, when it wasn't an easing of the regulation but empowering the governors who requested the waiver (some of whom were Republicans) to institute new programs that still required the recipients to work. That was a lie. I saw the ads Romney's campaign put out about the Jeep factories moving to China. That was a lie. ALL of that is evidence. I made a rational decision NOT to support Romney. Yes, it was rational - based on evidence.

Let me give you a piece of advice I got from my father who was involved in politics. He always said not to judge people by what they SAY when they are trying to get elected because most of that is simply hot air...but instead judge them by what they have DONE in the past.

If you'd done that in the LAST election you would have elected the person who had a history of getting things done...a person who had a history of working well across the aisle...a person who had been successful in virtually every enterprise he'd undertaken his entire adult life. That person was Mitt Romney.

Instead you fell for campaign promises...something as "real" and "substantive" as a puff of smoke in a strong breeze. You sent someone back to the Oval Office that doesn't have the chops to do the job. You fell for "Hope & Change" repackaged as "Lean Forward"...two slogans that mean NOTHING.

Again, the thread title is a lie.

The warrant was signed by an independent Federal judge, not Holder.

The AG can in theory request a warrant for whatever he wants, but only a judge can authorize the search.

The AG can in theory request a warrant for whatever he wants, but only a judge can authorize the search.

Yeah, it was signed by the 3rd Federal judge Holder took it to because the first two turned it down.

Legal is legal. How can you prosecute someone for doing something legal? Share that plan with us.

I'm a liberal. Even though what Holder did was legal because of the Patriot Act, this is exactly what progressives don't want out of a transparent government that is truly accountable to the people. I voted for Obama both times. Still would considering the competition, but this is NOT acceptable to me as a progressive. And this taken with the IRS scandal, the seeming cluelessness or ignorance of the President over that matter and others (as John Stewart so deftly pointed out), and the expansion of drone strikes - some on American citizens - convinces me that, although I'm not a Democrat, the Republicans - a party of primitive, ignorant, credulous, insane, self-centered, bigoted, religious nuts -actually have a point, despite the hypocrisy. And when the GOP take the White House in 2016 because of the energized base and moderates that fall for the poignant campaign ads that year, and rub it in our faces, we'll have no one else to blame but Obama.

Correct.

The last two presidential elections weren’t about McCain or Romney, they were about the American people’s desire to not realize a third and disastrous Bush term. It was about not returning to the corruption and incompetence of yet another republican administration, where the economy would be jeopardized by wrong-minded and extreme conservative fiscal policy, where foreign policy would be subject to neo-con dogma and likely another failed and unwarranted war, and where our civil liberties would be at risk as a president McCain or Romney would appoint reactionary judges and justices to the Federal courts hostile to privacy rights, due process rights, and equal protection rights.

However frustrating and discouraging, 2008 and 2012 were about deciding between the lesser of two evils; whatever the failures and shortcomings of the current Administration, it is infinitely preferable to a third Bush term.

You've elected Barack Obama because you bought into the whole "Hope & Change" thing. You got scammed, Mountain Man! You may not want to admit it to yourself but you got SCAMMED by a bunch of Chicago Machine politicians into voting for someone with neither the skills to do the job nor the inclination to learn those skills. Barack Obama is floundering because he's totally unsuited for the job he finds himself in. You were so focused on those "evil" Republicans that you let yourself get used.

All unsubstantiated subjective, partisan nonsense.

Obama was elected and won re-election because the GOP ran poor candidates, alienated the voters with extreme and reactionary rhetoric, and demonstrated itself to be hostile to Hispanic and minority voters.

Republicans have only themselves to blame.

Such a beautiful state you live in. Such irrational hatred for people you have never met.

I don't hate them, I was describing them. I grew up in Idaho, I have met them. My description wasn't irrational, it was a generalization. They murder abortion doctors, want to roll back contraceptive access for women, teach creationism in science classes, make the government into a theocracy, have a Bible-based society, put everyone in prison for every little infraction, roll back civil rights for minorities, outlaw homosexuality, and destroy the environment for money. And then there are some who are just fiscally conservative who I disagree with on policy- but they are RINOs. I'm okay with them.
You need to see a doctor.

The title is not a lie. Holder had to sign off on the request. He did. After he said he had recused himself. SO he lied. Does that bother you?

The title is not a lie. Holder had to sign off on the request. He did. After he said he had recused himself. SO he lied. Does that bother you?

Only a federal judge can approve a federal warrant.

Duh.

Was there a point there, sparky?

You're confusing signing off on the request for the warrant and signing the warrant itself... two entirely different matters. Holder has a seriously perjury issue, unless of course he's going to argue that he forgot he signed off on the request, which of course would then bring his mental faculties into question.

So, is he a complete dufus or just a reprobate liar? He can't have it both ways.

You're confusing signing off on the request for the warrant and signing the warrant itself... two entirely different matters. Holder has a seriously perjury issue, unless of course he's going to argue that he forgot he signed off on the request, which of course would then bring his mental faculties into question.

So, is he a complete dufus or just a reprobate liar? He can't have it both ways.

Since he had to go to three judges before he found one liberal enough to sign the search warrant, which do you think it is?

Since he had to go to three judges before he found one liberal enough to sign the search warrant, which do you think it is?

It won't be the first time he's lied to Congress... So, I'm picking door number two.

Two Judges were asked to approve the warrant, but they refused because Rosen wasn't given notice, as required. A third Judge approved the warrant.

He's a liar and everyone knows it. Thing is in Washington they won't do a damn thing until they can prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt, which can be hard when they're up against someone with so much power and can act with such impunity, and top it off with he's a pathological liar, just like his boss is.

It won't hold though. He's in deep shit and probably on his way out. The problem is there's probably another POS that's just as bad as he is waiting to take his place, and ready to do obama's biding.

The usual suspects will try to circle the wagons around Eric, something they're extremely good at what with all the practice they get circle jerking over their latest make-believe anti-someone on the right screeds. Good luck though as I think his tipping point is nigh.

He's a liar and everyone knows it. Thing is in Washington they won't do a damn thing until they can prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt, which can be hard when they're up against someone with so much power and can act with such impunity, and top it off with he's a pathological liar, just like his boss is.

It won't hold though. He's in deep shit and probably on his way out. The problem is there's probably another POS that's just as bad as he is waiting to take his place, and ready to do obama's biding.

Holder lied to congress- that's criminal. The only reason I have faith that they may hold him accountable is that they are all politicians, and in as much as it is politically expedient for their own careers, they will hold him accountable.

Forum List

Back