ESPN could have chosen a wounded war veteran for their COURAGE AWARD

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Or the uplifting but sad story of the courageous woman that fought a losing battle with cancer as she struggled to play college basketball.

But no, ESPN chose the chickenshit PC way out and picked the freakshow instead.

Want to see a real courageous hero ?

Anger over ESPN's decision to award Caitlyn Jenner ESPY courage award instead of basketball star Lauren Hill
  • Caitlyn Jenner, 65, will be awarded the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the ESPY event in Los Angeles on July 15
  • But some criticized the decision, saying that Lauren Hill, the 19-year-old basketball star who died of cancer in April, should have won instead
  • There were also rumors that Jenner had been named as the winner ahead of wounded war vet Noah Galloway, who was a runner up
  • ESPN denied there was a runner up and said it was proud to honor Jenner for starting 'a constructive dialogue about progress and acceptance'

While Caitlyn Jenner will be honored with an ESPY courage award next month for coming out as transgender, some critics believe other, more deserving candidates have been overlooked.

Twitter users questioned why Jenner, who introduced herself as Caitlyn on the cover of Vanity Fair this week, will receive the honor instead of Lauren Hill, the 19-year-old basketball player who lost her battle with brain cancer in April.

'Elective surgery isn't courage or bravery,' one Twitter user named Kristin wrote on Wednesday. 'Fighting brain cancer with grace and dignity at 19 is. Lauren is most deserving.'

'I googled courage,' added Brandon Saho of Fox19 as he shared a photograph of the teenager and used the hashtag 'LaurenHillEspy'.

Read more: ESPN s decision to award Caitlyn Jenner ESPY courage award sparks anger Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It's all about the $$$ and drawing in viewers. Sadly, that's what everything on television is all about.

I just watch ESPN for the sports and I change channel when one of their self-promoting commercials comes on or when their sportcenter comes on because it comes off like a bunch of failed comedians acting like obnoxious jock wannabes at a bar.
They inject politics often and it's always from the left. Just like comedy central.
Wilbon is a racist and I cringe whenever I see his face. He's part of why I quit the Washington Post in the early 1990's.

I just watch ESPN for the sports and I change channel when one of their self-promoting commercials comes on or when their sportcenter comes on because it comes off like a bunch of failed comedians acting like obnoxious jock wannabes at a bar.
They inject politics often and it's always from the left. Just like comedy central.
Wilbon is a racist and I cringe whenever I see his face. He's part of why I quit the Washington Post in the early 1990's.

I watch the sports, but I can't take their studio people any longer.

It's all about the $$$ and drawing in viewers. Sadly, that's what everything on television is all about.
That's true for airing Yankees and Red Sox games incessantly.
But their politics are decidedly left wing. Probably because they don't want to piss off black athletes that they rely upon so heavily.

That's true for airing Yankees and Red Sox games incessantly.
But their politics are decidedly left wing. Probably because they don't want to piss off black athletes that they rely upon so heavily.
Or probably because in sports you learn to approach the game with respect. That's why players were able to play alongside the likes of Jackie Robinson, long before the socially conservative rubes of America were forced to accept civil rights.

Wouldn't you have thought though that the average American would have been more interested or uplifted by seeing one of the other two given the award ?

You may be right though, they may figure viewers would rather have the opportunity to see Jenner in drag.

I think it's more about ESPN and their political bent.

Or the uplifting but sad story of the courageous woman that fought a losing battle with cancer as she struggled to play college basketball.

But no, ESPN chose the chickenshit PC way out and picked the freakshow instead.

Want to see a real courageous hero ?

Anger over ESPN's decision to award Caitlyn Jenner ESPY courage award instead of basketball star Lauren Hill
  • Caitlyn Jenner, 65, will be awarded the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the ESPY event in Los Angeles on July 15
  • But some criticized the decision, saying that Lauren Hill, the 19-year-old basketball star who died of cancer in April, should have won instead
  • There were also rumors that Jenner had been named as the winner ahead of wounded war vet Noah Galloway, who was a runner up
  • ESPN denied there was a runner up and said it was proud to honor Jenner for starting 'a constructive dialogue about progress and acceptance'

While Caitlyn Jenner will be honored with an ESPY courage award next month for coming out as transgender, some critics believe other, more deserving candidates have been overlooked.

Twitter users questioned why Jenner, who introduced herself as Caitlyn on the cover of Vanity Fair this week, will receive the honor instead of Lauren Hill, the 19-year-old basketball player who lost her battle with brain cancer in April.

'Elective surgery isn't courage or bravery,' one Twitter user named Kristin wrote on Wednesday. 'Fighting brain cancer with grace and dignity at 19 is. Lauren is most deserving.'

'I googled courage,' added Brandon Saho of Fox19 as he shared a photograph of the teenager and used the hashtag 'LaurenHillEspy'.

Read more: ESPN s decision to award Caitlyn Jenner ESPY courage award sparks anger Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thank you for this thread. That girl who kept fighting to play college basketball despite knowing she only had months to live...it nearly had me in tears last year when I saw it on TV. Truly courageous and inspiring.

But no....ESPN honored a faggot for chopping his pecker off.

I watch the sports, but I can't take their studio people any longer.

I only watch their college football programming. Its top notch...but its also mostly ex players talking. Not liberal journalists.

Wouldn't you have thought though that the average American would have been more interested or uplifted by seeing one of the other two given the award ?

You may be right though, they may figure viewers would rather have the opportunity to see Jenner in drag.

I think it's more about ESPN and their political bent.
I would've much preferred someone else. But the masses love a good freak show.

Arthur Ashe was a gay tennis player who died of AIDS. Isn't the courage award only for gays? Bruce Jenner isn't gay, but close in turning into a lesbian.

Arthur Ashe was a gay tennis player who died of AIDS. Isn't the courage award only for gays? Bruce Jenner isn't gay, but close in turning into a lesbian.

It's a micro-aggression to call him...errr....her "Bruce".

The problem is that almost nobody knows or even cares about ESPN "awards" so you have to explain the concept before you promote the outrage.

Forum List

Back