ESPN could have chosen a wounded war veteran for their COURAGE AWARD

It's all about the $$$ and drawing in viewers. Sadly, that's what everything on television is all about.
That's true for airing Yankees and Red Sox games incessantly.
But their politics are decidedly left wing. Probably because they don't want to piss off black athletes that they rely upon so heavily.
Or probably because in sports you learn to approach the game with respect. That's why players were able to play alongside the likes of Jackie Robinson, long before the socially conservative rubes of America were forced to accept civil rights.
What are you talking about? That response had nothing to do with my post.

It's all about the $$$ and drawing in viewers. Sadly, that's what everything on television is all about.
But their politics are decidedly left wing. Probably because they don't want to piss off black athletes that they rely upon so heavily.
Or probably because in sports you learn to approach the game with respect. That's why players were able to play alongside the likes of Jackie Robinson, long before the socially conservative rubes of America were forced to accept civil rights.
Your assertion of "pissing off black athletes" is complete bullshit. That's what it had to do with your dumbass post.

Your assertion of "pissing off black athletes" is complete bullshit. That's what it had to do with your dumbass post.
It was about not upsetting the black self-segregation cart in order to pander to the athletes who comprise many of the teams. Do the math.

I don't watch ESPN or sports on TV.

Whatever passes for entertainment these days, obviously doesn't favor good sense.

It was about not upsetting the black self-segregation cart in order to pander to the athletes who comprise many of the teams. Do the math.
You're embarrassing yourself. The majority of blacks are opposed to teh gheys and transgenders. So it turns out you're full of shit as always.

You're embarrassing yourself. The majority of blacks are opposed to teh gheys and transgenders. So it turns out you're full of shit as always.
I'm not referring to that. I'm referring to ESPN pandering to blacks in the name of Left wing racism because their athleticism is depended upon.
But you just pointed out another very typical democrat dichotomy.

I'm not referring to that. I'm referring to ESPN pandering to blacks in the name of Left wing racism because their athleticism is depended upon.
Well seems you're in the wrong thread then chachi. Your "panderin ta them durty naggers" angle failed. You'll have to peddle your racism elsewhere. Which, since this is USMB, won't be that hard for you sadly.

Well seems you're in the wrong thread then chachi. Your "panderin ta them durty naggers" angle failed. You'll have to peddle your racism elsewhere. Which, since this is USMB, won't be that hard for you sadly.

It is interesting that you felt you had to "rephrase" what he wrote in order to make your point.

Do you believe that anyone is pandering to "African Americans" in our society today?

Wow, not one goddamned reply from anyone.

Guess you'd all rather talk about how evil the Duggar's are.

Uh, yeah, the Duggars hid a pedophile in their home and exposed their own children to him. They are evil.

That said, I think that there were probably more worthy people to get that award. But then no one would have paid attention if they gotten it. Who has even heard of this award before Whatever he's calling himself Jenner got it? I hadn't.

It is interesting that you felt you had to "rephrase" what he wrote in order to make your point.

Do you believe that anyone is pandering to "African Americans" in our society today?
Not by giving Bruce Jenner an award for switching genders dummy.

Likely not.

Why do you think the very idea that the ESPN might be pandering to blacks is inherently racist?

Likely not.

Why do you think the very idea that the ESPN might be pandering to blacks is inherently racist?
Omg you're so tiresome. A poster who is well known for his hatred of black people, immediately jumped to the conclusion that the only reason ESPN is doing this to pander to black people. If not racist, then at the least it's idiotic and an attempt to insult black people.

Likely not.

Omg you're so tiresome. A poster who is well known for his hatred of black people, immediately jumped to the conclusion that the only reason ESPN is doing this to pander to black people. If not racist, then at the least it's idiotic and an attempt to insult black people.

Sorry, you libs think anyone who doesn't agree with you hates black people.

And I think he was making more a comment about ESPN's general behavior, not this particular stunt.

INsult black people? HOw is it an insult to black people to say that a network is pandering to black athletes?

It is a slam at the behavior of the network, not the black people in question.

Wow, not one goddamned reply from anyone.

Guess you'd all rather talk about how evil the Duggar's are.

Uh, yeah, the Duggars hid a pedophile in their home and exposed their own children to him. They are evil.

That said, I think that there were probably more worthy people to get that award. But then no one would have paid attention if they gotten it. Who has even heard of this award before Whatever he's calling himself Jenner got it? I hadn't.

Well I guess you've never watched the ESPYS.

My points were about ESPN leaning left in general.

He's just exposing his own institutional racism.

My points were about ESPN leaning left in general.

That was clear to me.

Likely not.

Geez, you are dense.
Your misapprehension about my alleged hatred of black people is unfounded and likely the result of yours others's institutional biases.
I point out that ESPN panders to blacks because they depend upon their athleticism and it is only related to the Jenner issue as another, separate illustration of ESPN's left leaning biases.

Forum List

Back