Et tu, Mitch???

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG let me tell you the Senate vote total on impeachment....53-47 for acquittal. Surprised??
only 20 votes short, too bad, awwww.

The democrat presidential candidates will be upstaged by Trump all day and all night and all year.
That would seem to have been common sense (the Senate vote preditction) a few weeks ago. But FOX News is starting to show cracks. And, if Trump loses FOX, he loses the Senate.

Trump was the Republican President with a 90% approval rating among an ever-shrinking base of Republicans. Today's poll showed that 25% of Republicans now favour impeachment. That's a 15 point drop in less than a week. Even Republicans won't stand still for a President who betrays his country, time and time again.

OMG let me tell you the Senate vote total on impeachment....53-47 for acquittal. Surprised??

The democrat presidential candidates will be upstaged by Trump all day and all night and all year.

If the vote is as you suggest (and hope for), and the evidence presented is sufficient to prove guilt beyond any reasonable doubt, then the GOP Senators will have put the last nail in the coffin of the Republican Party.

Well, yet another crack has opened in the Trump dam....

McConnell has openly stated that he won't pull the same crap as he did with Merrick Garland...and NOW he will follow the rules and have an open TRIAL once the House hands over the upcoming Articles of Impeachment.

As we saw with Clinton, ALL Senate members must attend and be silent as the trial unfolds, witnesses testify, documents go into the official record...AND each senator MUST cast an open vote (basically, openly separating the wheat from the chaff.)

Should be fun to watch next Spring...

So what’s the House waiting for? Impeach already.

That would seem to have been common sense (the Senate vote preditction) a few weeks ago. But FOX News is starting to show cracks. And, if Trump loses FOX, he loses the Senate.

Trump was the Republican President with a 90% approval rating among an ever-shrinking base of Republicans. Today's poll showed that 25% of Republicans now favour impeachment. That's a 15 point drop in less than a week. Even Republicans won't stand still for a President who betrays his country, time and time again.

You keep missing the point that impeachment helps Trump win in 2020, the Senate will never vote to remove.
Trump still has a 90+ approval rating with Republicans.
You also keep missing the point that the democrats still have no one to put up against Trump.
That 25% of Republicans is bullshit. Got a link for that?

If the vote is as you suggest (and hope for), and the evidence presented is sufficient to prove guilt beyond any reasonable doubt, then the GOP Senators will have put the last nail in the coffin of the Republican Party.

OMG, removing Trump will never happen. This is Trumps "Lucy" gag on the dems.
I still say that the vote will be 53-47 for acquittal in the Senate.
There can be no "guilt" because there is no crime.

You keep missing the point that impeachment helps Trump win in 2020, the Senate will never vote to remove
Sure, all else being equal. As of now, he woild still have to be voted on in the election.

As for helping him? Not so sure about that one.

What you are suggesting and hope for is that every Senate Republican puts themselves and their party before their oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.

McConnell has openly stated that he won't pull the same crap as he did with Merrick Garland...and NOW he will follow the rules and have an open TRIAL once the House hands over the upcoming Articles of Impeachment.

As we saw with Clinton, ALL Senate members must attend and be silent as the trial unfolds, witnesses testify, documents go into the official record...AND each senator MUST cast an open vote (basically, openly separating the wheat from the chaff.)

He's itching to hold that vote.

1. The house swings GOP on the impeachment issue alone.
2. The senate will only get stronger because of it.
3. Ruth Bader Ginsburg finally finishes passing.....john bircher on the court.
4. Thomas retires...next gen conservative on the court.
5. Breyer retires....you (Kagen, and Sotofatassmeyer) are fucked.
Impeached, pence implicated. Conspiracy with russians proven. President Pelosi nullifies all tRump appointments because they weren't made by a legitimate officeholder.

I like my odds better.

So g

He's itching to hold that vote.

1. The house swings GOP on the impeachment issue alone.
2. The senate will only get stronger because of it.
3. Ruth Bader Ginsburg finally finishes passing.....john bircher on the court.
4. Thomas retires...next gen conservative on the court.
5. Breyer retires....you (Kagen, and Sotofatassmeyer) are fucked.
Impeached, pence implicated. Conspiracy with russians proven. President Pelosi nullifies all tRump appointments because they weren't made by a legitimate officeholder.

That was a good one.

Thanks for the laugh.
Yeah, but you're the idiot who didn't know what the word "impeachment" meant so you'll forgive me if I don't trust your assessment.

McConnell actually said in response to impeachment that he would, " have no choice but to take it up".
He never mentioned trial liar. "Taking it up" can equally mean that he could send it to a Senate Committee where it could languish and die.

FAKE NEWS once again on your and the conspiratorial media's part

Light a few candles to help your cause...and read the Constitution Article 2 Section 4.......(dunce) ..LMAO

What you are suggesting and hope for is that every Senate Republican puts themselves and their party before their oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.

Not at all. You need a serious crime before voting to remove a president. You democrats excused Bill Clinton of proven perjury, not one voted to convict, so please don't play the "oath of office" card. Trump isn't accused of any crime, so says Alan Dershowitz, Harvard Law Professor.
Alan Dershowitz: Impeachment inquiry will backfire on Dems

So what’s the House waiting for? Impeach already.

The above could have been typed in October 1973......and in August the following year___________(fill in the blank)

Last edited:
Senate rules can be changed to whatever the majority party wants them to be. McConnell is going to do whatever he thinks gives the GOP the best chance to hold the Senate majority and maybe even gain a seat or two if possible. He doesn't have the problems that Pelosi has in the House with those rabid far left loons. And I don't think he gives a riip what Trump wants either, he's not going to risk his position as Senate Majority Leader to placate Trump. Doesn't mean he won't help Trump if doing so helps his own agenda, but make no mistake: Trump is #2 at best on McConnell's list of priorities.

Take into consideration that good ol' turtle-necked Mitch has the LOWEST approval ratings within his own party than ANY other senator.

Senate rules can be changed to whatever the majority party wants them to be. McConnell is going to do whatever he thinks gives the GOP the best chance to hold the Senate majority and maybe even gain a seat or two if possible. He doesn't have the problems that Pelosi has in the House with those rabid far left loons. And I don't think he gives a riip what Trump wants either, he's not going to risk his position as Senate Majority Leader to placate Trump. Doesn't mean he won't help Trump if doing so helps his own agenda, but make no mistake: Trump is #2 at best on McConnell's list of priorities.

Take into consideration that good ol' turtle-necked Mitch has the LOWEST approval ratings within his own party than ANY other senator.
And yet he is Speaker...so....

Yeah, but you're the idiot who didn't know what the word "impeachment" meant so you'll forgive me if I don't trust your assessment.

For most Trump cultists, the term "impeachment" must mean the handing over to Trump a Georgia fruit.

(as Trump once honestly stated. "I LOVE the poorly educated ...and they love me")

Of course you mean Senate Majority Leader......

Of course you mean Senate Majority Leader......
Right!

Article II, Section 4. Text of Article 2, Section 4: The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Would High Crimes and Misdemeanors entail "Abuse of Power"...."Emolument Breaches," "Obstruction of Justice," "Breaches of Campaign Finance Laws"....et al......????

The best impeachment result is 'lock him up".

trump-america-great-lock-up.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back