🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ethanol: Latest example of why Trump is the wrong choice.

I admire Cruz for not dancing around the issue. On a side note, back in the days of the old I Love Lucy television show, I couldn't picture Fred pumping Ethyl.

Pandering to special interests and caving on conservative principles is what the Establishment GOP has been preaching the past 10 years. How can true conservatives be okay with this?

IF only you Republicns had an ideologicial purity test. then you could tell the pure from the unpure and vote accordingly.

LMAO.

Pandering to special interests and caving on conservative principles is what the Establishment GOP has been preaching the past 10 years. How can true conservatives be okay with this?

IF only you Republicns had an ideologicial purity test. then you could tell the pure from the unpure and vote accordingly.

LMAO.
Uh-Huh, The Republicans have no ideological purity test and the Democrats have no principles and even less morality; and people wonder why I think both parties are worthless.

LMAO.

It's hard to have an "ideological purity" test when you're not an ideology. Conservatism is a philosophy, a way of thinking, a way of life. It is rooted in pragmatic thinking and common sense based on experience, history and wisdom.

In the GOP, there are basically two trains of thought about how you run for president. Some believe the candidate has to say certain things to different groups to get their vote, then "run to the middle" in the general. These would likely be Trump voters, previously they might have been Nixon voters. The other side doesn't get this concept, they believe the candidate should present his vision and explain why his vision is America's vision. These would likely be Cruz voters, previously they might have been Reagan voters.

So what we are seeing is the paradigm of these two types of Republicans, the "establishment" of republicanism which is rooted in party politics and ideology, and the core conservatives who are grounded in conservative philosophy... the Nixonites vs. Reaganites. Who will ultimately win? That's why we have a primary!

Forum List

Back