Ethical(?) question.

Poor people have a lot of children because they are not educated. It behooves the goverment of that region of the world to provide these people with better education and opportunities to use that education. If you look around the world, countries with the highest education have the lowest level of childbirth. The countries with zero or near zero population growth are the countries with the highest levels of education. And this is not about birth control education, but education in general. To sit by and say "those stupid poor people" is to ignore the real problem. All people need to be well educated in order to reduce population growth around the world. Is it your problem even though you don't live in that particular small town? Yes. No man is an island.

Poor people have a lot of children because their women do not spend their best fertile years in school.
Poor people have children because sex is free and children mean benefits.
Not in zimbabwe. They don't get to sit on their ass and collect welfare. So..the question is, are they are fucking stupid to continue to fuck, knowing a child will be the result and don't care?
I just wanted to say this truly turned into a GREAT thread. Sonny and I chatted just like two guys sitting at a table. May well have been the best interaction I have had here at USMB.
Thanks!
Fires

I commend anyone who truly does what they Will without betraying what they know deep inside to be their True Will. I commend those who follow their hearts and stand by their choices. I commend those who fight to survive and those who die fighting.

My heart goes out to those who are suffering, and I wish strength upon them in their darkest hour. I prey that they discover a way to find happiness and love, no matter what their situation.

My heart also goes out to those who fuck each other passionately and relentlessly without giving the slightest **** what people like Gracie think.​

Last edited:
My parents help poor people for many years. Before they passed away I made a promised that I will continue their devotion of helping others.
Twenty four years later I expanded it to other states feeding homeless people. Last 8 years I started helping disabled veterans and with PTSD.
Whites, blacks, asian, hispanics and sometimes illegals comes to this centers. Families with children, teenagers, singles, retirees all sorts of life. All will hungry eyes.
We do not question their political or religious belief or how they got here. Most of these fell during hard times. Most are trying hard to get back on their feet but there are some that never change.
Helping others in need is very rewarding to me and my family. Ethical or unethical??? Who am I to answer this question. But I will continue to do this as long as I'm alive and my sons will take over when I'm gone. I will have to end it here.
This is a very good thread.

Helping poor people is great. Helping people who don't help themselves is not so great.

Human innovation didn't come from Capitalism, Capitalism was a mechanism that simply sped things up.

Human innovation LED to Capitalism, because if we weren't being innovative the idea would not have been born, or worked on, in the first place.

There are actual OTHER inspirations and incentives for human advancement.

But it's time to look at ourselves. If we can save millions in Africa who have no water and die simply because of where the hell they were born.....i.e. via "lottery," by not watering our Celebrities' golf courses but instead preserving that water towards a better means...................should we not?

Mind you, this is not welfare. Water is a natural resource of the planet. It is unnatural to first care for vanity before you care for literal life.....it's really depraved thinking.

That's not even CLOSE to saying don't enjoy your successes, either. Live lavishly. But it'd be pretty easy to live lavishly and have a brown golf course.

It's just the balance has been corrupted. I don't blame anyone. It's a happenstance.

It is welfare.

You want US to fix the problems of Africa, when we have no power over Africa.

So, we give hundreds of billions to African leaders, who piss the money away to little effect and then what?
Giving them dollars is not what I had mentioned.

You invoked what I agree is welfare, but isnt what i said, and said "look its welfare."

So, how does the "not dollars" watering our Celebrities' golf courses" to be translated to "fixing" Africa's problems?

If not by taking from US and giving to them?
Preserving water costs nothing but a brown golf course.

1. A brown golf course in New York, doesn't give water to someone in Africa, it gives water to the Atlantic Ocean.

2. It is false to say "golf course". The US is not a nation of people who spend their times walking around golf course wondering how to spend all that money they have. Do not pretend that we do not have plenty of issues that need addressed.

Chances are that since they're poor they have only the hope that the Magic Sky Fairy will hear them and help them prosper.

One of the Sky Fairy's alleged rules is that Every Sperm Is Sacred.

The poor must procreate to please their god.
In this case government has replaced god and it is they who must be pleased. Government is the new sky fairy, you're way out of sync with the times. The government sky fairy promises to care for you and relies on magic, take from one, give to another and keep a big something for themselves. And it's all supposed to somehow work out. We have many believers these days.

Insult their god and they react violently and accuse you of blasphemy and evil. They will lie, cheat and steal for their god. Almost everything their god says is wrong or false. Even something as fundamental as food. Their god says to eat low fat and high carbs. Americans suffer mightily and health care costs skyrocket. Then their god says they'll fix it and make health care even more expensive. They fuck it so badly they can't fix it so decide to take decisions out of everyone else's hands. Sure that will work. All you have to do is believe.

I think helping families situationally is fine, but, just giving money, no.
And, giving money to help them better themselves (e.g. for education/training so they can make a living). YES.
Pay hospital bills in special cases. YES

Handing over cash NO.
This only enables them - you need to inform and prepare, spend your "help" money there.

Forum List

Back