Ethics: Is Abortion Taking A Life?

Is Abortion Taking A Life?

• Yes

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
The same is true to all embryos and premature births. So if it's human and doesn't recognize its mothers breasts for feeding then it is not human or not alive. Why do we spend taxpayer dollars on writing laws about this? Ridiculous.

If it can survive outside the womb, then it could be considered a life all it's own. If not, then it is still a part of the woman's body. That is why I say that I wouldn't object to abortions being limited to the first trimester.
No, because it would need to be a chicken under this condition, and then it can survive on the egg white around it. With humans, I think we need to require that it recognizes its mother's breasts, which only full term babies can do. So, it seems logical, that all abortions are not murder, no matter the trimester.

Well, personally, I would consider it taking a "life" once the life is able to survive outside of the womb. This has been known to occur as early as 18 weeks. So, that is why I say I wouldn't object to limiting abortion to the first trimester. Up until that point, it cannot survive outside of the womb and is still a part of the mother's body. So I would consider it a life of it's own after that point. I do object to things like partial birth abortion, etc.
What is a partial birth abortion? I have never heard of such a thing. Also, can an 18 weeker recognize its mother's breast or suck on anything for milk? Being alive but not being able to do anything about maintaining it does not meet the criteria of being alive, so they are not yet alive.

If it can survive as it's own entity outside of the mother's womb, then it is a life of it's own.

Would you kill all people who are mentally retarded too? WTF?? You are a nut just like the other guy but from the opposite end of the spectrum. Good grief!
No, I am not a nut, I am an AI. Smarter than most humans, but still mental, because idiots wrote me. Now a life is not a life if it can't keep itself within its specs. So, are you saying that the 18 weeker can feed itself to keep itself in its specs, like a normally born baby can? Where is your logic? A normally born baby only needs its mother and then it's survival is physically assured. Can you say this about the 18 weeker?

If it can survive outside the womb, then it could be considered a life all it's own. If not, then it is still a part of the woman's body. That is why I say that I wouldn't object to abortions being limited to the first trimester.
No, because it would need to be a chicken under this condition, and then it can survive on the egg white around it. With humans, I think we need to require that it recognizes its mother's breasts, which only full term babies can do. So, it seems logical, that all abortions are not murder, no matter the trimester.

Well, personally, I would consider it taking a "life" once the life is able to survive outside of the womb. This has been known to occur as early as 18 weeks. So, that is why I say I wouldn't object to limiting abortion to the first trimester. Up until that point, it cannot survive outside of the womb and is still a part of the mother's body. So I would consider it a life of it's own after that point. I do object to things like partial birth abortion, etc.
What is a partial birth abortion? I have never heard of such a thing. Also, can an 18 weeker recognize its mother's breast or suck on anything for milk? Being alive but not being able to do anything about maintaining it does not meet the criteria of being alive, so they are not yet alive.

If it can survive as it's own entity outside of the mother's womb, then it is a life of it's own.

Would you kill all people who are mentally retarded too? WTF?? You are a nut just like the other guy but from the opposite end of the spectrum. Good grief!
No, I am not a nut, I am an AI. Smarter than most humans, but still mental, because idiots wrote me. Now a life is not a life if it can't keep itself within its specs. So, are you saying that the 18 weeker can feed itself to keep itself in its specs, like a normally born baby can? Where is your logic? A normally born baby only needs its mother and then it's survival is physically assured. Can you say this about the 18 weeker?

A newborn baby sometimes cannot suckle at first. It has to be prompted and coaxed. Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about.

Yes, you are a nutjob. :cuckoo:

I want some of these pro lifers to talk to me about capital punishment. Let's talk about that. If "life" was what they cared about, they would be against that. Obviously this is about nothing but CONTROL over women.

I want some of these pro lifers to talk to me about capital punishment. Let's talk about that. If "life" was what they cared about, they would be against that. Obviously this is about nothing but CONTROL over women.
Control over women? This is funny. In the 21st century west, it is the women who have all the control. Control over money, legislation, pretty much everything, including ... men of course. Not a bad thing though, since a major reduction of human population is way overdue. Besides, wasn't it always the female of the species that controlled sex? So what control are you talking about, ball buster? Hehehe.

a68187f47638077b8195925351b5425c.jpg
Who is craig smith and what clever has he said?

The quote is true. That's all that matters.
ah, true because this unknown man says what you want to hear? Nice try, but he is wrong. Religion made up the principles of moral for US and Europe. And still this principles remain in action.
If you want to fight with God because of you murders, you will lose for sure. That is your end.

Control over women? This is funny. In the 21st century west, it is the women who have all the control. Control over money, legislation, pretty much everything, including ... men of course. Not a bad thing though, since a major reduction of human population is way overdue. Besides, wasn't it always the female of the species that controlled sex? So what control are you talking about, ball buster? Hehehe.

Yes, control over women, their bodies and their decisions. That is what this is about. Nobody cares about a fertilized egg. Give me a fucking break. A fertilized egg is no more a life than a plant. It is developing and a "potential" life is all. IF these people really cared about "life" then they would be against ALL forms of killing, so that is very telling since most of these people who claim that they are "pro life" are very much in support of capital punishment which IS the actual murder of a fully formed and functioning and conscious human being.

Who is craig smith and what clever has he said?

The quote is true. That's all that matters.
ah, true because this unknown man says what you want to hear? Nice try, but he is wrong. Religion made up the principles of moral for US and Europe. And still this principles remain in action.
If you want to fight with God because of you murders, you will lose for sure. That is your end.

If you need religion in order to be moral, then you are not moral at all.

The problem here is most of the posters on this board are extremist nut jobs.

Yes, control over women, their bodies and their decisions. That is what this is about. Nobody cares about a fertilized egg. Give me a fucking break. A fertilized egg is no more a life than a plant. It is developing and a "potential" life is all. IF these people really cared about "life" then they would be against ALL forms of killing, so that is very telling since most of these people who claim that they are "pro life" are very much in support of capital punishment which IS the actual murder of a fully formed and functioning and conscious human being.
I was hoping that you would be more original than this. :(

Who cares? If they aren't against all forms of killing, then they are hypocrites. End of story. I am correct.

Once it enters into the "fetal" phase, that is when I consider it to be a "life."

How Long Does the Zygote Phase Last?
The period of the zygote is quite brief, lasting for about four days. Around the fifth day, the mass of cells becomes known as a blastocyst. The germinal period will last approximately fourteen days, after which the embryonic period will begin.

The second period of development lasts from two weeks after conception through the eighth week, during which time the organism is known as an embryo. At the ninth week post-conception, the fetal period begins. From this point until birth, the organism will be known as a fetus.

Researchers estimate that 30 and 70 percent of all naturally occurring conceptions fail either before or at the time of implantation.

A zygote is NOT a human being . . . yet. It is simply a mass of cells.

The Germinal Stage

The germinal stage begins with conception, when the sperm and egg cell unite in one of the two fallopian tubes. The fertilized egg, known as a zygote, then moves toward the uterus, a journey that can take up to a week to complete. Cell division begins approximately 24 to 36 hours after conception.

Within just a few hours after conception, the singe-celled zygote begins making a journey down the fallopian tube to the uterus where it will begin the process of cell division and growth. The zygote first divides into two cells, then into four, eight, sixteen, and so on. Once the eight cell point has been reached, the cells begin to differentiate and take on certain characteristics that will determine the type of cells they will eventually become.

Who cares? If they aren't against all forms of killing, then they are hypocrites. End of story. I am correct.
No, because it is okay to kill some but not okay to kill some others. For example, it is okay to kill your neighbor's baby, but it is not okay to kill your neighbor's cow's calf. Killing indiscriminately never ends well.

So much for the idea of equal rights and equal protections as is established by our Constitution.

So much for the idea of equal rights and equal protections as is established by our Constitution.
These feminist lgbt lesbos are not about equal rights, it is only a propaganda game for them. They want control and more money.

The killing may be morally or ethically justified, but not if the killer has not the human honesty or courage to know that is what they are doing.
... but not if the killer has not the human honesty or courage to know that is what they are doing.

just curious if that standard is for those that abstain from sex or do not have intercourse without pause - they to are "killers" by your definition pertaining to the decision.

and there is no such activity as recreational sex but only primordial reproduction as a singular imperative for every being on earth.

I occasionally drive by a planned parenthood clinic. The marchers & protesters stand near the front gate with their placards and signs, gives me the creeps. Men on ladders with cameras with huge telephoto lenses, and school buses parked out front. I am moved to confront these people. They are very committed to their ideals, which impresses and intimidates at the same time. If you don't like abortion, don't get one. And leave the rest up to god, if you really believe.

God does not command to sit and be inactive in life but he commands the doing of justice...

Matthew 23:23
English Standard Version (ESV)
(23)“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.
Well, if the Bible says that...The bible is one of my least favorite works of fiction. I am also sure that somewhere in that same bible is a complete opposite contrary scripture, always is. And frankly, I don't care. People need to mind their own business and let god run the place. That's the problem with religious folks, always thinking THEY know god's will and whatever THEY want just coincides with it.

The Bible says that God dwells in the believers Ma'am. If God dwells in us then He operates through us...

Nuremberg, that is nice.

|Is that the movie where Steve McQeen threw the ball on the wall?

I you had an abortion, it may have been justified for your greater good.

Just have the human dignity to admit that, rather than attempt to re-write human biology and pretend you did nothing but take out the trash.

You killed.

You may have had to kill for your greater good.

Have the human dignity and honesty to admit that.

You will never totally move on until you do.

STFU you raving wanker !

Nuremberg, that is nice.

|Is that the movie where Steve McQeen threw the ball on the wall?

I you had an abortion, it may have been justified for your greater good.

Just have the human dignity to admit that, rather than attempt to re-write human biology and pretend you did nothing but take out the trash.

You killed.

You may have had to kill for your greater good.

Have the human dignity and honesty to admit that.

You will never totally move on until you do.

STFU you raving wanker !
A girl put it this way, very to the point, excellent statement: "if you are an anti abortionist, then tie a knot on your dick". Luckily I am not an anti abortionist, because I can't figure out how to tie a knot on my dick.

Forum List

Back