Ethics: Is Abortion Taking A Life?

Is Abortion Taking A Life?

• Yes

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
Ch: Viability is not even something that is factored into most of our fetal homicide laws.
disavowing viability can not produce a homicide ....

it is you and JW Frogen who are confused, the embryo does not die by being removed from its parent, the embryo perishes by being unable to sustain itself on its own.

Just wow.

"Disavowing viability can not produce a homicide?"

Is that even a sentence?

Is it English?
Ch: Is it English?

yes, it's the law ...

that is if you can find more Scalia's to go with what you already have and deviously wait for their selection when you have more control over the gov't to have your make believe ruling to disavow Roe ... deceit is nothing new for the self righteous.

Yeah. . .

So far, you have completely failed to communicate your point on this in any way that connects with any of the previous posts.

Are you having a psychotic episode, maybe?

So far, you have completely failed to communicate your point on this in any way ...

that the embryo does not perish by being removed from its parent but by its inability to survive on its own - Roe vs Wade.

It is you who has fallen over the edge ... good luck if you ever reach the bottom.

It's funny that you think the future of the abortion issue has anything to do personally with me.
It's funny that you think the future of the abortion issue has anything to do personally with me.

no, not the issue what is personally for you is your faux avatar.

Just wow.

"Disavowing viability can not produce a homicide?"

Is that even a sentence?

Is it English?

yes, it's the law ...

that is if you can find more Scalia's to go with what you already have and deviously wait for their selection when you have more control over the gov't to have your make believe ruling to disavow Roe ... deceit is nothing new for the self righteous.

Yeah. . .

So far, you have completely failed to communicate your point on this in any way that connects with any of the previous posts.

So far, you have completely failed to communicate your point on this in any way ...

that the embryo does not perish by being removed from its parent but by its inability to survive on its own - Roe vs Wade.

It is you who has fallen over the edge ... good luck if you ever reach the bottom.

Wow.

That's a pretty deep thought.

. . . for a 3rd grader.

yes, it's the law ...

Yeah. . .

Wow.

. . . for a 3rd grader.
of course, there can't possibly be an exception ... happy landing.

Yeah. . .

Wow.

. . . for a 3rd grader.
of course, there can't possibly be an exception ... happy landing.

LOL.

Thanks for the clarification.

(insert theme from twilight zone)

"Ethics: Is Abortion Taking A Life?"

The Supreme Court has wisely, and in accordance with settled, accepted Constitutional case law, ruled that individuals alone have the right to make such a determination, in accordance with their own good faith and good conscience, consistent with their own ethics, values, and religious beliefs – free from unwarranted interference by the state.

The Supreme Court has wisely, and in accordance with settled, accepted Constitutional case law, ruled that individuals alone have the right to make such a determination, in accordance with their own good faith and good conscience, consistent with their own ethics, values, and religious beliefs – free from unwarranted interference by the state.

Did the Supreme Court also say that for all eternity, their ruling on abortion is infallible and off limits to ever be questioned or challenged in any way again?

No?

I didn't think so.

Did the Supreme Court also say that for all eternity, their ruling on abortion is infallible and off limits to ever be questioned or challenged in any way again?

No?

I didn't think so.
How are you going to stop abortions? Got anything? :dunno:

At conception, is the being in a woman's body "alive"?

Is it anything other than human?
Of course the zyogote, embryo and fetus are human zygotes, embryo's and fetuses. The issue is whether a woman has privacy rights to her own body. Legally, she does. IMO, abortion should continue to be a legal and safe procedure for women. The decision to continue or terminate a pregnnacy should be up to the pregnant woman, her doctor and her loved ones.

No?

I didn't think so.

As I am a realist, I understand that there is no way to "stop" all abortions. After all, we have laws against all sorts of things like rape, molestation and abuse but those laws get broken every day.

Do we do away with other laws that deal with the violation of children's rights because THEY don't "stop" those crimes, either?

Of course we don't.

So, the want for laws against the violation of prenatal children's rights are no different from that.

Laws like these are based upon the child's right to not be murdered, abused or molested. They are not predicated on the thought that we can bring an end / stop to the violations with a law.

At conception, is the being in a woman's body "alive"?

Is it anything other than human?
Of course the zyogote, embryo and fetus are human zygotes, embryo's and fetuses. The issue is whether a woman has privacy rights to her own body. Legally, she does. IMO, abortion should continue to be a legal and safe procedure for women. The decision to continue or terminate a pregnnacy should be up to the pregnant woman, her doctor and her loved ones.

1. In your view, do children (of any age) have a right to their lives and to the equal protections of our laws?

2. If your answer to number one is Yes. . . then, what good is a child's right to their life and to the protections of our laws. . . if that right does not begin when their life does?

No?

I didn't think so.

As I am a realist, I understand that there is no way to "stop" all abortions. After all, we have laws against all sorts of things like rape, molestation and abuse but those laws get broken every day.

Do we do away with other laws that deal with the violation of children's rights because THEY don't "stop" those crimes, either?

Of course we don't.

So, the want for laws against the violation of prenatal children's rights are no different from that.

Laws like these are based upon the child's right to not be murdered, abused or molested. They are not predicated on the thought that we can bring an end / stop to the violations with a law.

Better get you signs ready and start protesting. What exactly are YOU doing to stop these "murders?" Posting on an internet forum where there are mostly middle-aged or elderly people??? Good grief.

what good is a child's right to their life and to the protections of our laws. . . if that right does not begin when their life does?
That is not the question, the question is WHEN does that life begin. You may believe there is an simple and obvious answer but many, including me, would disagree.

what good is a child's right to their life and to the protections of our laws. . . if that right does not begin when their life does?
That is not the question, the question is WHEN does that life begin. You may believe there is an simple and obvious answer but many, including me, would disagree.

Disagree all you want. We are going to keep building on the principles established by our fetal Homicide laws and aren't going to stop and wait for you or for others to agree with those principles.

No?

I didn't think so.

Of course we don't.

So you'd put women who've had an abortion in jail for murder?

That charge oughta be applied to the murderer - the person performing the abortion.

The women are mere accomplices and ought to be tried only as such.

Though that leaves open having possibly hired a murderer. Interesting, though, that where a government (state, federal, whatever) is writing the check......

No?

I didn't think so.

Of course we don't.

Yes.

I expect consistency in our laws. If a total stranger can be sent to jail - charged with murder - for even accidentally killing her child while robbing a bank or driving while intoxicated.
. Why should the woman be held any LESS accountable when she INTENTIONALLY kills her child herself. . . Or pays Planned Parenthood to KILL it?

No?

I didn't think so.

Of course we don't.

Yes.

I expect consistency in our laws. If a total stranger can be sent to jail - charged with murder - for even accidentally killing her child while robbing a bank or driving while intoxicated.
. Why should the woman be held any LESS accountable when she INTENTIONALLY kills her child herself. . . Or pays Planned Parenthood to KILL it?
Brah, you're in serious need of a dictionary. Then look up the word "child". You're welcome.

That charge oughta be applied to the murderer - the person performing the abortion.

The women are mere accomplices and ought to be tried only as such.

Though that leaves open having possibly hired a murderer. Interesting, though, that where a government (state, federal, whatever) is writing the check......
Aren't the women the ones who ordered the hit? And as such, should be given the death penalty? Buddy, you're just living in the wrong country, you should move to Saudi Arabia where they get to tell women what to do and can put them to death for having bad breath. You'd like it there. :D

Forum List

Back