Eugene Robinson (The Moron): Democrats Should Filibuster Gorsuch With 2018 in Mind

Not a Republican. Lean Left. Voted for Hillary. Voted against Trump.
...yet posts Right.
Sometimes, yep!

That's the best part of being an Independent. I get to be honest.
Strangely, I don't remember any pro-Hillary posts from you.
Yep, probably not many. Didn't care much for her. I was hoping for Webb.

But it was easy to vote against Trump. Easy choice.

You didn't see many glowing Hillary posts from anyone.

Both parties put party first. That was, and remains, my point.
So, you don't buy this:

When Republicans were confronted over their mass obstruction tactic they replied that they didn't believe that Obama's policies were good for the country, therefore they were putting the country first.​

First words of the second paragraph:

This is purely about politics.

And there ya go. Party over country.
Like denying Obama his pick of Garland for almost an entire year.

Payback's a bitch, bitch.
Remind me again, is it a bad thing to do it, a good thing to do it, or bad when Republicans do it but good when democrats do it? It's hard to keep the outrage straight.

Um small fry. Let me explain something to you. 1. The GOP controlled the senate then
2. The GOP controls the senate now
3. The Dems can filibuster, but Reid developed the nuclear option.
4. The nuclear option requires a simple majority.
5. The Dems have to flip 3 Republicans and fat chance of that happening.

He will be confirmed before the end of the month! Feel the burn! Love the burn!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

You didn't see many glowing Hillary posts from anyone.
True. But no one cares if they're glowing. As long as they're supportive. We don't have to necessarily elect people that we want to have a beer with. It rarely turns out well.

So, you don't buy this:

When Republicans were confronted over their mass obstruction tactic they replied that they didn't believe that Obama's policies were good for the country, therefore they were putting the country first.​
Did you not read what I wrote?

Both parties put parties first.

Do I need to make that more clear?

Remind me again, is it a bad thing to do it, a good thing to do it, or bad when Republicans do it but good when democrats do it? It's hard to keep the outrage straight.
Whether it's bad or good is irrelevant to the fact that it happened. Republicans decided to abandon Senate traditions and the expectations of the country to do their jobs. They have set a new playing field. Don't blame Democrats for playing on that field.

Again: We didn't send Democrats to Washington to set a good example for the Republicans.

Um small fry. Let me explain something to you. 1. The GOP controlled the senate then
2. The GOP controls the senate now
3. The Dems can filibuster, but Reid developed the nuclear option.
4. The nuclear option requires a simple majority.
5. The Dems have to flip 3 Republicans and fat chance of that happening.

He will be confirmed before the end of the month! Feel the burn! Love the burn!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Let me explain something to you: McConnell has to eliminate the filibuster in order to get him confirmed. If he does that, he blows up the Senate. When the Democrats take back the Senate they shall do so for a very long time. Demographics don't lie. Numbers don't lie. McConnell knows this. Republicans would be in the minority with no power, having done away with that power himself.

The only solution is to pull this nomination and nominate Merrick Garland. It would go a long way to ramping down the escalation.

So, you don't buy this:

OK. So you don't believe either Party when they claim that by their actions (or inactions) they are putting the country first.

So, you don't buy this:

OK. So you don't believe either Party when they claim that by their actions (or inactions) they are putting the country first.
Correct!

Obviously there are exceptions to every rule.

But yeah, I generally don't believe them.

Whether it's bad or good is irrelevant to the fact that it happened. Republicans decided to abandon Senate traditions and the expectations of the country to do their jobs. They have set a new playing field. Don't blame Democrats for playing on that field.

Again: We didn't send Democrats to Washington to set a good example for the Republicans.
Reid also abandoned Senate tradition by going nuclear. He should not be surprised when Republicans return the favor and open the door the rest of the way.

Dems will be around in big numbers, like the more than three million that exceeded those voting for doniboi.
You think so??
Methinks you forget about the MILLIONS of independents who are watching the nightly news and the obstruction.
They obviously vote too.
That's why Hillary LOST!!

Reid also abandoned Senate tradition by going nuclear. He should not be surprised when Republicans return the favor and open the door the rest of the way.
Yep. It's amazing how short-sighted politicians are for short-term gain.

The same will go for the GOP on SC nominations by a Dem President in the future.

This is what happens when things become this divided.

Forum List

Back