Eugene Robinson (The Moron): Democrats Should Filibuster Gorsuch With 2018 in Mind

First words of the second paragraph:

This is purely about politics.

And there ya go. Party over country.
Like denying Obama his pick of Garland for almost an entire year.

Payback's a bitch, bitch.
Another good example, thanks.
Can't try to take the high road now, after the past eight years.

Robert Draper Book: GOP's Anti-Obama Campaign Started Night Of Inauguration | The Huffington Post

Only one problem.....

The GOP was irrelevant in 2008.

They were all talk.

Obama got two appointees through with no problem.

The GOP owns the WH/house/senate.......

You NEVER took the high road.

Lol how is this payback?

Seriously, you have no real power to stop him from reaching the bench. And no matter how you go about it, you lose. If they support him they piss off their base. If they don't, they piss off the people who elected trump in their state.

Not much payback if you ask me.
They will filibuster, just like Mitch McConnell did.

They don't own the senate......

Another good example, thanks.
Can't try to take the high road now, after the past eight years.

Robert Draper Book: GOP's Anti-Obama Campaign Started Night Of Inauguration | The Huffington Post
There's no high road in politics. Both parties are proudly rolling in the mud.

Criticizing the other side for doing something, and then doing it yourself, is hypocritical and childish.

The Republicans acted terribly for eight years. And now the Democrats are doing the same thing. Their excuse? "Well THEY STARTED IT".

Grade school playground stuff, and if either party had any shame, they'd be embarrassed. They're so damn SIMILAR.

Last edited:
The Republicans acted terribly for eight years.
Yes, it's very easy to admit, now that the eight years are over.

The fact that Republicans all walked in lockstep to oppose Obama gives you no credibility to criticize Democrats, who are just starting.

And now the Democrats are doing the same thing. Their excuse? "Well THEY STARTED IT".
The only excuse the Democrats need is the fact that it worked for the Republicans. Why shouldn't the Democrats employ that same winning formula?

Hey Mac - We didn't send Democrats to Washington to set a good example for the Republicans.

Eugene Robinson is a unique concurrence of The Peter Principle and Affirmative Action....on Steroids.

2018 is all democrats have left to sell. It doesn't matter if it doesn't make any political sense, the desperate democrat party is posturing to an angry diminishing psychotic base.

The fact that Republicans all walked in lockstep to oppose Obama gives you no credibility to criticize Democrats, who are just starting.

Admit it ?

Who can deny it ?

That's what I voted them in to do.

I suspect you'll do the same.

Why wouldn't you ?

BO put LaRaza and Harvard on the court. $1.25T deficit spending every year. He got it all. Give Trump same.

Me?

Not a Republican. Lean Left. Voted for Hillary. Voted against Trump.

Try again.

Will there be a democrat party in 2018???? At this rate all they have is gays, freaks, and muslims

They sure aren't helping themselves. America is watching and 2018 is right around the corner.

One would think these idiots would be doing everything in their power to make themselves look good to their constituents. Guess not.

And now the Democrats are doing the same thing. Their excuse? "Well THEY STARTED IT".
The only excuse the Democrats need is the fact that it worked for the Republicans. Why shouldn't the Democrats employ that same winning formula?
"Excuse" is right.

This is party over country, and both ends are guilty of it.
No, you said 'excuse' in the previous post, so I used your word.

When Republicans were confronted over their mass obstruction tactic they replied that they didn't believe that Obama's policies were good for the country, therefore they were putting the country first.

Why is that not a valid thing for Democrats to now say?

"Excuse" is right.

This is party over country, and both ends are guilty of it.
No, you said 'excuse' in the previous post, so I used your word.

When Republicans were confronted over their mass obstruction tactic they replied that they didn't believe that Obama's policies were good for the country, therefore they were putting the country first.

Why is that not a valid thing for Democrats to now say?
It's perfectly valid and reasonable and accurate and I agree.

Both parties put party first. That was, and remains, my point.

Forum List

Back