🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

EV charging wait! What a joke!

That's just it, I'm not opposing EV's. I'm simply pointing out that they're not the universal answer to all our problems that advocates seem to be claiming. We have at least a decade or more before they can really replace ICEs for the majority of drivers. Heck, everyone going out right now and buying one would simply overload the electrical grid and we would need to institute rotating times when people could charge their cars at home. We need a much more robust grid for all the charging at home that will be going on, we need a much faster method to achieve a full charge, we need a way to recycle batteries and make replacing a car's battery pack much cheaper or the used car market will die. We need all of these before the majority of vehicles on the road are EVs. They're fine for what they are right now, commuter vehicles driven for a short trip then not needed for hours during which they can recharge.
Well said. They use that dumb adage about the horse and buggy........lolol

How long did that transformation take??

1. It isn't going to happen
2. You know it isn't going to happen.
3. Do you live in NY? If not it wouldn't affect you anyway.

I do live in NY. and if it isn't going to happen, why pass the fucking law.

Here's a bet. If you are so sure this will never actually happen in 2035, I bet you $1 with 10,000 to one odds. I win, you give me $10k, I lose I give you $1, you that confident?

Well said. They use that dumb adage about the horse and buggy........lolol

How long did that transformation take??

They also didn't have to ban the horse and buggy for cars to take over.

Cars were the superior product. A mildly higher initial investment but much lesser maintenance costs as well as a longer lifespan of active use.

What I was talking about was the weight of the vehicle. They have to be light it seems

LOL........We should bring back the Pinto for fires too.......................Seems we're back in the 70s again anyhoot

I'd like to see a person living in Buffalo who get over 100 in of snow give their opinion on winter handling
They don't necessarily have to be light, but the weight of the battery pack and electric motors is less than the weight of an ICE and transmission would be. This is, of course, for EVs with a motor on each drive wheel that don't need a standard transmission. Lighter weight means longer drive times, so if you put several hundred pounds of groceries or potting soil in the trunk, expect to run out faster.

So maybe "oppose" was the wrong word?
Yes. I'm being pragmatic. If I had the kind of driving pattern I described, I'd probably get one too because maintenance would be simpler, it would be quieter, fewer emissions, etc. Of course, I would prefer that there could be a secondary market where I could buy one used and still get 100,000 miles or so out of it. They are not practical for my current situation.

For such an easy solution people sure do seem to have exploding heads. If you don't want one, don't buy one. Go on your way. It's crazy how upset people get over the decisions of others.
No one is upset, they're just laughing at the virtue signaling fools who bought into the green dogma. Upset would be the vax assholes who wanted to cancel anyone who didn't get the experimental jab.

That's just it, I'm not opposing EV's. I'm simply pointing out that they're not the universal answer to all our problems that advocates seem to be claiming. We have at least a decade or more before they can really replace ICEs for the majority of drivers. Heck, everyone going out right now and buying one would simply overload the electrical grid and we would need to institute rotating times when people could charge their cars at home. We need a much more robust grid for all the charging at home that will be going on, we need a much faster method to achieve a full charge, we need a way to recycle batteries and make replacing a car's battery pack much cheaper or the used car market will die. We need all of these before the majority of vehicles on the road are EVs. They're fine for what they are right now, commuter vehicles driven for a short trip then not needed for hours during which they can recharge.
Yeah you're not going to save a whole heck of a lot over putting gas in a gas powered vehicle.
When you add up all the variables including the range difference cost per mile is very close.

There us much to be said FOR EVs

But having to wait in line for who knows how long because the charging stations are filled is not one of them
Yeah the only way it makes any sense is if you install a level two charger at your house..

Seize the opportunity!

Open a bar adjacent to the EV charging lot.

A genuine public service:

1. Provides a facility for frustrated would-be drivers to relax.
2. Creates new jobs for those willing to work - if any can be found.
3. When the clients finally get their charge(s) they can drive away and into the nearest utility pole thereby saving the planet through destruction of the vehicle and terminating their over-use of oxygen.

I do live in NY. and if it isn't going to happen, why pass the fucking law.

Why lie about all kinds of things?

Here's a bet. If you are so sure this will never actually happen in 2035, I bet you $1 with 10,000 to one odds. I win, you give me $10k, I lose I give you $1, you that confident?

As long as we also bet that if Trump would happen to win again, Mexico still will not pay for the wall.

Yes. I'm being pragmatic. If I had the kind of driving pattern I described, I'd probably get one too because maintenance would be simpler, it would be quieter, fewer emissions, etc. Of course, I would prefer that there could be a secondary market where I could buy one used and still get 100,000 miles or so out of it. They are not practical for my current situation.

They are not practical for many. Those people can buy something else.

No one is upset, they're just laughing at the virtue signaling fools who bought into the green dogma. Upset would be the vax assholes who wanted to cancel anyone who didn't get the experimental jab.

Many people simply like them. I have an electric (battery) lawn mower. I love it. it's lite, it's quieter and it's cheap to run. My decision had very little to do with "green dogma".

Why lie about all kinds of things?

As long as we also bet that if Trump would happen to win again, Mexico still will not pay for the wall.

Nice dodge, cuck.

Again, are you so sure this law won't be on the books in 2035 that you are willing to put $10,000 up against my $1?

Nice dodge, cuck.

Again, are you so sure this law won't be on the books in 2035 that you are willing to put $10,000 up against my $1?

The law may be there but NY will be selling ICE cars in 2035.

Forum List

Back