CDZ EV question

But one energy source can create its own energy. ICE vehicles do that. Energy to charge the battery through the alternator, and moving water to cool the engine, from one energy source.

also to use the lights and radio
Exactly... And we're not talking about the two source's being utilized simultaneously for the same purpose (to power the vehicle), because each source or operation is utilized specifically for it's task that has already been formulated to compliment each other, and not negatively effect each other in a way that defeats the entire concept.

Power source = electric motor, and how ever many chargeable batteries involved to give it the horse power that it needs.

Charging source = magneto system, gear reduction or chain driven generator system that operates off of the non-powered rear wheel in which relies on a small amount of amps to then recharge the primaries once the vehicle switches over to the secondaries that have been charged for use after the primaries dropped below a certain level before switching had to occur.

The charging and the cooling comes from the energy expended by the internal combustion. Without the serpentine belt using some of the energy, the ICE would have more energy to power the wheels. In other words, your fuel economy goes down slightly from powering the water pump and the alternator.
Actually, the use of the electric does not impede the ability to drive the wheels. Fuel economy is based on the rpms

Actually, the use of the electric does not impede the ability to drive the wheels. Fuel economy is based on the rpms

The actual electricity does not impede the ability to drive the wheels. But the resistance of the mechanisms to generate more electricity does.

Exactly... And we're not talking about the two source's being utilized simultaneously for the same purpose (to power the vehicle), because each source or operation is utilized specifically for it's task that has already been formulated to compliment each other, and not negatively effect each other in a way that defeats the entire concept.

Power source = electric motor, and how ever many chargeable batteries involved to give it the horse power that it needs.

Charging source = magneto system, gear reduction or chain driven generator system that operates off of the non-powered rear wheel in which relies on a small amount of amps to then recharge the primaries once the vehicle switches over to the secondaries that have been charged for use after the primaries dropped below a certain level before switching had to occur.
Exactly. The fact they argued how they did, has me scratching my head. They went immediately to perpetual motion, which neither of us implied. They reacted stupidly

The actual electricity does not impede the ability to drive the wheels. But the resistance of the mechanisms to generate more electricity does.
Nope, how far one can travel on a tank is affected. I can go 80 miles an hour with or without my lights or radio on

Older cars used to have generators to charge the battery, new cars now have alternators, the former produces DC and the latter AC. A generator has a belt to spin and create DC to charge a battery.

See a clear explanation in these links:

I want to ask this, and please give the best answer you all can bring within your abilities to think inside or outside the box.

Question - Why can't an EV be self charging if it only needs one drive wheel turning for the power, and yet there are three other wheels turning, where as couldn't at least one of them be hooked up to a charging mechanism in order to automatically charge the batteries ??? Even if the power is switched to the spare set while the mains recharge in a loop that is constantly managed and monitored by the on board computer, would it work ?????

This has got to be possible now, but is it being withheld due to the sudden and devastating impact it might have on the volume of oil used, and the job's committed to the fossil fuel industry that involve the transportation category ?????
The resistance of the three wheels would stop the vehicle from moving.

Older cars used to have generators to charge the battery, new cars now have alternators, the former produces DC and the latter AC. A generator has a belt to spin and create DC to charge a battery.

See a clear explanation in these links:

EV's also contain super capacitors. When the EV needs a sudden burst of power, this is delivered by the super capacitors. This allows the batteries to retain more power and it takes a couple of minutes to recharge the super capacitors. So with regenerative braking/charging, it's likely the super capacitors have priority, and then any residue current going to the batteries.

The resistance of the three wheels would stop the vehicle from moving.
That much resistance if a simple magneto or charging device is added to one wheel (?), and all in order to make charge for a secondary set of batteries that once capacity is obtained in them, then they could be switched over too in order to start the process all over again on the drained primaries ?

Last edited:
That much resistance if a simple magneto or charging device is added to one wheel (?), and all in order to make charge for a secondary set of batteries that once capacity is obtained in them, then they could be switched over too in order to start the process all over again on the drained primaries ?
You would be wasting power to try and make power. The current system of regenerative braking is simple. When I stop requesting power from the batteries to propel me forward, the wheels turning are driving a magneto that does 2 things. Through friction, it slows down the vehicle, and whatever energy is not lost to friction is used to recharge the battery.

Actively having one or more wheels turning a magneto while also trying to propel the vehicle requires more energy to the driving wheels to compensate for the drag of the charging wheels.

How much power does it take to run a water wheel in a river or fast running stream for example ? Can the wheel be designed to turn without hardly any resistance, otherwise by way of a super designed "bearing" that would allow this ease of turn at the center of the wheel ??

Otherwise how much resistance can an EV have when it rolls in neutral ? Will it roll on a slight grade 50', 100',150' 200' what ? Eliminating drag in every way possible, allows more opportunity for power, and recharge to be figured out in the formula.

What about counter weighted axle's that are designed like a crank shaft that everytime they turn it actually has a throw that assist it's forward motion/spin ? So once they're put into motion, inertia takes over in order to assist the forward momentum of the spin as the spin increases, otherwise by lessoning the resistance in some way in the spin, and this in regards to making forward motion more easier to achieve ??

You would be wasting power to try and make power. The current system of regenerative braking is simple. When I stop requesting power from the batteries to propel me forward, the wheels turning are driving a magneto that does 2 things. Through friction, it slows down the vehicle, and whatever energy is not lost to friction is used to recharge the battery.

Actively having one or more wheels turning a magneto while also trying to propel the vehicle requires more energy to the driving wheels to compensate for the drag of the charging wheels.
Is a charging device that heavy of a burden on the forward powering of the vehicle ? How many amps are driving the motor verses how many amps are needed in order to slow charge the secondary batteries that aren't being drained while being charged ?? The only way it works is if the set up has a secondary and primary system of batteries, where as one set is slow charging while the primary is pushing and operating the vehicle.

If we had a power source (without petroleum) to generate the electricity to recharge an EV battery, then on a per car basis, it seems likely that EV cars produce a lot less pollution than gas powered vehicles. But whenever the power supply for electrical generation is petroleum based, it seems like the polluting emissions have to be about the same for gas powered cars as for EV cars.

Since some power generation for electricity is not based primarily on petroleum, my guess is that EV cars on a per car basis are more pollution free than gas powered cars. But there are other environmental concerns with EV. I don’t know if the scales eventually balance.

If we had a power source (without petroleum) to generate the electricity to recharge an EV battery, then on a per car basis, it seems likely that EV cars produce a lot less pollution than gas powered vehicles. But whenever the power supply for electrical generation is petroleum based, it seems like the polluting emissions have to be about the same for gas powered cars as for EV cars.

Since some power generation for electricity is not based primarily on petroleum, my guess is that EV cars on a per car basis are more pollution free than gas powered cars. But there are other environmental concerns with EV. I don’t know if the scales eventually balance.
It's all about the batteries, and how well they can be designed in order to charge easy, and retain charge longer, and power a super designed electric motor that has the most high quality bearing's in the world that allows it to spin and make power in the easiest ways possible.

Getting things to spin in the most resistance free motion way possible, and then creating the lightest yet safest vehicle possible is key to longevity of the run.

It's all about the batteries, and how well they can be designed in order to charge easy, and retain charge longer, and power a super designed electric motor that has the most high quality bearing's in the world that allows it to spin and make power in the easiest ways possible.

Getting things to spin in the most resistance free motion way possible, and then creating the lightest yet safest vehicle possible is key to longevity of the run.
Batteries are also a serious pollution problem as is the extraction of the necessary minerals and metals.

Batteries are also a serious pollution problem as is the extraction of the necessary minerals and metals.
Agree... Many areas need total evaluation and addressing for sure.. Battery factories are highly poisonous to the environment.

Is a charging device that heavy of a burden on the forward powering of the vehicle ? How many amps are driving the motor verses how many amps are needed in order to slow charge the secondary batteries that aren't being drained while being charged ?? The only way it works is if the set up has a secondary and primary system of batteries, where as one set is slow charging while the primary is pushing and operating the vehicle.
It is a heavy enough burden that the net effect is putting less energy back in the system that is taken out.

It is a heavy enough burden that the net effect is putting less energy back in the system that is taken out.
I'd like to see it engineered and then demonstrated. I am not convinced that a charging system if designed and built correctly, can't charge the secondary system that isn't being drained by the powering side of the vehicle while under way. I am not convinced that one wheel that could be running a gear reduced power re-generating system, otherwise that is made to give the greatest ease of operation through (top quality bearing's and gear reduction), can't work to recharge the vehicle's secondary battery pack. I could be wrong, but I don't think so ... lol

I'd like to see it engineered and then demonstrated. I am not convinced that a charging system if designed and built correctly, can't charge the secondary system that isn't being drained by the powering side of the vehicle while under way. I am not convinced that one wheel that could be running a gear reduced power re-generating system, otherwise that is made to give the greatest ease of operation through (top quality bearing's and gear reduction), can't work to recharge the vehicle's secondary battery pack. I could be wrong, but I don't think so ... lol
Nobody is saying it can't do what you want. What we are saying is that you will need more energy than you are putting back in the system. Put in simple terms, you start with 100 units or energy. 90 are used to move the vehicle. 10 are used to charge the secondary system. Of those 10, 3 are wasted on friction so you only put 7 back. The self charging to extend the range is accomplished somewhat today by regenerative braking. You use the friction of a charging system to slow the vehicle down and add energy to the system. That is "free" energy put back in the system.

More energy expelled than produced....
I use to hear of photocell paint....or photovoltaic paint...

Forum List

Back