Evangelicals Are Probably The Most Obnoxious People On Planet Earth

If their god is so powerful, why does it need them to go door to door? :dunno:

God doesn't "require" us to go door to door.

We are told, and we choose, to share the good news of salvation with people in order to afford them the opportunity to join us in heaven. If you had the cure for cancer, wouldn't you want to tell cancer patients that it was available to them? That's the way Christians feel about salvation and witnessing.
Well, without you going door to door, your god wouldn't be able to reach some people. To use your cancer analogy, you think some people are sick, and going door to door will save them because your god can't do it on its own without your help. Kinda nuts, doncha think?

It's nuts once it washes through the filter of your mind, through your bigotry, misconceptions and ignorance. But here on the outside, no, it's not nuts at all. We don't go door to door because God can't do it. That's not the reasoning at all. We go door to door to reach people because that's what God wants us to do. It has nothing to do with his capability. He doesn't employ our help because he's not powerful enough on his own. He gives us the task because that is what he wants to do..and we do it because it's what he wants us to do.

Here's a fun thing to do with a prosthelytizing evangelicals, or christians in general.

I tell them that I've never met a "christian", i.e. someone who follows the teachings of jesus christ as described in the bible, namely "sermon on the mount". They'll tell me that they follow the teachings, in which case I'll find the part that says "give to the one who asks of you, and do not turn away he that wishes to borrow from you". So give me $20. Sometimes they'll whine and say that god wants them to be good stewards with their money, in which case I'll find the part that says "but lord, how shall we cloth ourselves, how shall we feed ourselves? And I (jesus) say unto thee, look at the birds, they neither sow nor do they reap, but god takes care of them. Don't you think he'll take care of you?" Eventually I get to the part where jesus says "You hyprocrit! How can you tell your brother there is a speck in his eye, when you have a log in your eye?" Then I say "give me my $20 hyprocrit!"

I've actually had people give me $20!

Of course I wouldn't try this with muslims, they might cut my head off. Not figuratively, literally. So to get back to the subject, no, I don't find evangelicals to nearly as obnoxious as some others.

so you are a their? And you think that is a good idea?

Evangelicals say they follow the Bible, but they allow divorce in their churches, even though Jesus made it quite clear that divorce wasn't allowed, and if you divorced your wife and married another, you committed adultery.

This was just one of many inconvenient teachings of Jesus that Protestants threw out. There are many others.

That's why it's so awesome to be a Protestant.

It's nuts once it washes through the filter of your mind, through your bigotry, misconceptions and ignorance. But here on the outside, no, it's not nuts at all. We don't go door to door because God can't do it. That's not the reasoning at all. We go door to door to reach people because that's what God wants us to do. It has nothing to do with his capability. He doesn't employ our help because he's not powerful enough on his own. He gives us the task because that is what he wants to do..and we do it because it's what he wants us to do.
But if god wanted to reach me, why does he send such nincompoops to my door? Why doesn't he reach me HIMSELF?????

[QUOTE="Taz, post: 9898170, member: 49923
But if god wanted to reach me, why does he send such nincompoops to my door? Why doesn't he reach me HIMSELF?????[/QUOTE]

But, he sends 19 year old "elders" to your door! That makes them elite...kinds like FBI special agents!

But if god wanted to reach me, why does he send such nincompoops to my door? Why doesn't he reach me HIMSELF?????

Maybe God is trying to change your heart and make you less of an ignorant and arrogant hater.

Evangelicals say they follow the Bible, but they allow divorce in their churches, even though Jesus made it quite clear that divorce wasn't allowed, and if you divorced your wife and married another, you committed adultery.

This was just one of many inconvenient teachings of Jesus that Protestants threw out. There are many others.

More awesome to be secular humanist. We're good just cuz. :)

Maybe God is trying to change your heart and make you less of an ignorant and arrogant hater.
Looks like god needs to change YOUR attitude, all you can do is petty insults. Is that god's way?

That wasn't an insult, it was the truth. God puts things on our plate to affect changes in our hearts.

You obviously despise Christians, and have a limited understanding of them. My guess is that he keeps sending what you see as *nincompoops* to your door towards the purpose of teaching you tolerance.

That wasn't an insult, it was the truth. God puts things on our plate to affect changes in our hearts.

You obviously despise Christians, and have a limited understanding of them. My guess is that he keeps sending what you see as *nincompoops* to your door towards the purpose of teaching you tolerance.
Hey, I'm nice to them. I tolerate them, but wish they wouldn't come on my property. :D

More awesome to be secular humanist. We're good just cuz. :)

No way. Being a Christian is best.

You can do all sorts of bad things your whole life and make a total ass of yourself, then repent and accept Jesus on your deathbed, and Voila! you're in heaven!

That's the great!

I guessed you missed the part where Jesus said divorce was allowed?

Forum List

Back