🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Evangelicals explain their support for Trump. It's the racism that stands out.

------------------------------------------------- ' none showed Christian Leaning that YOU recognize as Christian Leanings eh ' in your Opinion , ----------- well tough RWinger .
As a devout atheist ....I can tell pretend Christians from those who truly believe
It is a combination of looking at their churchgoing before they became President, how often they attend as President, their references to faith when they speak, their moral values. There is a difference in legitimate faith and faith for a photo op

Mike Pence is a legitimate man of faith.......Trump is not

Atheist Presidents.......Trump, Obama, Clinton, Reagan, Nixon
------------------------------------------ and then , to sum your post all it , it all amounts to being YOUR Opinion RWinger .
Then it is your opinion that all presidents were men of faith
---------------------------------- in my opinion all appeared to be men of Christian Faith except for 'uno' RWinger .
You are entitled to your opinion

If you want to believe everything a president says about himself, you are welcome to do so

Many people are believing that. More people are believing that than anybody since Reagan.
Amazing, incredible believing.

There is no "meaning of morality" where this man is concerned. And for a moment I'm going to go back twenty years, to when I was a woman of faith.

I don't think God will forgive their hatred of Obama, believing the lies, and supporting a man who exemplifies in no wise the faith they profess. I don't believe God would turn a blind eye to all the suffering of the separated children and parents, which the "Christians" are fine with, because they don't grasp the concept of sanctuary, refugees, or asylum.

I don't think he'd be okay with them turning a blind eye to the damage being done to our planet.

And I KNOW he wouldn't be okay with them forcing women to stay pregnant when she won't be able to feed, clothe and shelter the child upon arrival.

Unless they are all developmentally disabled and they get a pass because they honestly couldn't discern the truth, I believe ALL of what they are doing to this planet and to this country is unforgivable in the truly greater scheme of things.

As it turns out, you’re NOT God and if you’ve were ever a Christian then you know sins can be forgiven. In the eyes of God no sin is worse than another. You seem to have tunnel vision where you think you’re right and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong—I used to be of this mindset before I figured out that I don’t know it all.

Lies are everywhere and they certainly don’t just come from the right and anyone who thinks so is in dire need of a reality check.

He's just a bludgeon they use to try to get their way.

Wow this is the most disgusting comment I’ve come across on USMB. The ugliness of human nature isn’t exempt to those who have faith in God. Each individual’s relationship with God is unique and you’re in no place to judge others for their beliefs when their beliefs have nothing to do with you and aren’t threatening to you and yours. Your assumptions do nothing other than make you look a fool.

There is no "one religion" of Christianity. "Christianity" is made up of a variety of different religions. A southern baptist is NOT an Episcopalian, a Methodist, a Lutheran, a Quaker. Southern baptists have their own religion. Like I said before, I voted for the Methodist. I am not Methodist, BTW.

i find it amusing when one sect says another sect aren't true christians. some think roman catholics are a cult who think the mormons are a cult & they all think the church of scientology are freaks...

Scientology has nothing to do with Christianity, it's more a hippy dippy new wave thing with Sci fi stuff added.

they actually mix jesus in there somewhere. & so do the mormons... who believe in getting their own planet..

Barely.

"Scientology's upper-level materials tout the concept of Jesus as God as being a fiction that ought to be removed by 'auditing'".[6]

barely doesn't mean it doesn't. there are freaks from all spectrums of a lot of religions & christianity is probably #1.

How is Christianity #1?

There is no "meaning of morality" where this man is concerned. And for a moment I'm going to go back twenty years, to when I was a woman of faith.

I don't think God will forgive their hatred of Obama, believing the lies, and supporting a man who exemplifies in no wise the faith they profess. I don't believe God would turn a blind eye to all the suffering of the separated children and parents, which the "Christians" are fine with, because they don't grasp the concept of sanctuary, refugees, or asylum.

I don't think he'd be okay with them turning a blind eye to the damage being done to our planet.

And I KNOW he wouldn't be okay with them forcing women to stay pregnant when she won't be able to feed, clothe and shelter the child upon arrival.

Unless they are all developmentally disabled and they get a pass because they honestly couldn't discern the truth, I believe ALL of what they are doing to this planet and to this country is unforgivable in the truly greater scheme of things.

As it turns out, you’re NOT God and if you’ve were ever a Christian then you know sins can be forgiven. In the eyes of God no sin is worse than another. You seem to have tunnel vision where you think you’re right and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong—I used to be of this mindset before I figured out that I don’t know it all.

Lies are everywhere and they certainly don’t just come from the right and anyone who thinks so is in dire need of a reality check.
In the eyes of God no sin is worse than another

What total BS.........coveting your neighbors goods is as bad as murder

BBL9rHN.img

Judgment Days

In a small Alabama town, an evangelical congregation reckons with God, President Trump and the meaning of morality

A few leaders have publicly dissented from such views, aware of the Southern Baptist history of whiffing on the big moral questions of the day — such as during the civil rights era, when most pastors either defended segregation or remained silent. The president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s ethics commission, Russell Moore, asked whether Christians were “really ready to trade unity with our black and brown brothers and sisters for this angry politician?” One prominent black pastor, Lawrence Ware, left the denomination altogether, writing that the widespread reluctance to criticize Trump on racial issues revealed a “deep commitment to white supremacy.” The new president of the Southern Baptist Convention, J.D. Greear, said church culture had “grown too comfortable with power and the dangers that power brings.”

But all those discussions were taking place far from the rank-and-file. The Southern Baptists who filled the pews every Sunday were making their own moral calculations about Trump in the privacy of a thousand church sanctuaries in cities and towns such as Luverne, population 2,700, an hour south of the state capital of Montgomery.

It was a place where it was hard to drive a mile in any direction without passing some church or sign about the wages of sin, where conversations about politics happened in nodding circles before Sunday school, or at the Chicken Shack after, and few people paid attention to some national Southern Baptist leader.

This is a really good read for all those of us who absolutely cannot grasp how people who call themselves people of faith have embraced an obviously unchristian man.

Most of it seems to be a reaction to Obama, and the lies they chose to believe about him. Which - I mean, that's not really any surprise.

What is going to be a surprise is when they get turned away at the pearly gates.
1. there is no heaven/hell/pearly gates
2. ''obviously unchristian''??!!! hahahhahah please prove/specify/explain
3. lies about Obama???--he hates America/whites/police

He should have served more time. ANd it is good that society hurt his career.

but he didn't serve more time, did he? &, besides- the pants shitting draft dodging mediocre guitar playing pedophile served no time because of his cowardice to stand up to his convictions.

lol... perhaps he'll go to the whitehouse & get a medal from president tinkles someday... ha! who am i kidding?

i wonder what the motor city 4-F madman was doing in 1981 besides boinking underage girls?

certainly not anything like this...

And what do you think that proves?

what kind of person he was & how your 'beliefs' about him ae quite a dichotomy. plus you excused the pants shitting coward from being able to be combat ready a while back- which ties in to being the idiot that you are, cartoon boy.

It is to his credit that he was able to see the suicidal black man as his Brother and saved him.

It is to his DIScredit, that he did not see his fellow white Americans as his brothers and did not go to fight next to them.

No dichotomy there.

lol... & who called him a *igger, back in the day? lol... i bet you think 'taking a knee' is about the flag & anthem too, right?

btw- are you heading to DC on aug 12 to join up with your brothers?

So much for religious objections, then. Racial animosity has never been accepted as a reason not to fight for your country.

And, the irony of your question about the flag and anthem, right over your head.

His religious objections were bullshit. HIs racist objections were bullshit.
He openly refused to serve his nation, when called.
He deserved to be fucked.

he didn't shit his pants & got a 4-F like a draft dodging mediocre guitar player/pedophile.
Do you realize that "Yeah, but" is an admission of my point?
Re Ali.

He refused to go to war. That's called "conscientious objection".

Know what would happen to the war business if everybody did that?

Need a calculator?

iu

Fascists. Such cat toys.

You do know that that won't happen right?

What you do get, is that one side might not have the will to fight for their nation, and that side loses.

Think what would have happened in WWII, if the American people didn't show up to fight.

The USSR would have still kicked the Nazis' ass, like they did anyway?

What do I win?

Maybe. ANd a world where the Soviet Empire ran right up to the Atlantic, a lefty like you might have like that.

but he didn't serve more time, did he? &, besides- the pants shitting draft dodging mediocre guitar playing pedophile served no time because of his cowardice to stand up to his convictions.

lol... perhaps he'll go to the whitehouse & get a medal from president tinkles someday... ha! who am i kidding?

i wonder what the motor city 4-F madman was doing in 1981 besides boinking underage girls?

what kind of person he was & how your 'beliefs' about him ae quite a dichotomy. plus you excused the pants shitting coward from being able to be combat ready a while back- which ties in to being the idiot that you are, cartoon boy.

It is to his credit that he was able to see the suicidal black man as his Brother and saved him.

It is to his DIScredit, that he did not see his fellow white Americans as his brothers and did not go to fight next to them.

No dichotomy there.

Ya learn so much in this joint. Here I just learned that only white people got drafted and sent to Vietnam.

Can't wait to find out how then did Ali get drafted. :popcorn:

What a maroon.

THat is a very nice strawman you have there. I can see that you are proud of it.

I respectfully decline your invitation to play with it. It is all yours. NOt mine. NOTHING TO DO WITH ME.

Sooo, piss off.

No dichotomy there.

lol... & who called him a *igger, back in the day? lol... i bet you think 'taking a knee' is about the flag & anthem too, right?

So much for religious objections, then. Racial animosity has never been accepted as a reason not to fight for your country.

And, the irony of your question about the flag and anthem, right over your head.

Why should blacks have fought under the flag of Jim Crow?

he didn't shit his pants & got a 4-F like a draft dodging mediocre guitar player/pedophile.
Re Ali.

Need a calculator?

iu

Fascists. Such cat toys.

What you do get, is that one side might not have the will to fight for their nation, and that side loses.

Think what would have happened in WWII, if the American people didn't show up to fight.

What do I win?

Maybe. ANd a world where the Soviet Empire ran right up to the Atlantic, a lefty like you might have like that.
You asked the question

He made you eat it

Egypt was run by the military they were not an Islamic State

Excellent example of the "No True Scotsman" logical fallacy.

You lose.
Your limited knowledge of history is betraying you

NO, it is not.

Your response to me meeting your request for recent war waging by muslim nations against non muslim nations,

was to deny that Egypt is a muslim nation, because they were not an "islamic state".

That is the No True Scotsman Logical Fallacy and a big old fail on your part.

You lose.

If you read your history, you would realize there is a huge difference between an Islamic State run by clerics and a state with a large Muslim population run by the military.
If I start applying your logic to countries with large Christian populations, you will lose big time

The point we were discussing was if Islam was a Religion of Peace, to support or not support Ali's supposed religious objection.

YOu asked for examples of mulsim majority nations waging war against non muslim nations.

When I gave it to you, then you invented reasons why those examples were not good.

And by "reasons" I mean bullshit.

No dichotomy there.

Once again you flaunt your lack of knowledge about American History
Blacks were over represented in combat during Vietnam
Seems they didn’t have a doctor on the payroll to claim they had heel spurs

Don't tell me, tell Ali.

No dichotomy there.

Thank you for admitting that the religious objections were bullshit.

He should have done more time.

Re Ali.

Need a calculator?

iu

Fascists. Such cat toys.

What do I win?

You asked the question

He made you eat it

His answer revealed him to be a fool, and possibly a marxist.

The world would not be a better place with either a more powerful Nazi Germany, or a more powerful Soviet Union (in history).

That you see that as a win for him, just shows how deluded you are.

Egypt was run by the military they were not an Islamic State

Excellent example of the "No True Scotsman" logical fallacy.

You lose.
Your limited knowledge of history is betraying you

NO, it is not.

Your response to me meeting your request for recent war waging by muslim nations against non muslim nations,

was to deny that Egypt is a muslim nation, because they were not an "islamic state".

That is the No True Scotsman Logical Fallacy and a big old fail on your part.

You lose.

If you read your history, you would realize there is a huge difference between an Islamic State run by clerics and a state with a large Muslim population run by the military.
If I start applying your logic to countries with large Christian populations, you will lose big time

The point we were discussing was if Islam was a Religion of Peace, to support or not support Ali's supposed religious objection.

YOu asked for examples of mulsim majority nations waging war against non muslim nations.

When I gave it to you, then you invented reasons why those examples were not good.

And by "reasons" I mean bullshit.
Now you are back peddling
I never said Muslim majority...that would be as silly as blaming Nazi Germany as a Christian majority
There are six Islamic States run by clerics. If they are as warlike as you claim, they would be banding together to attack non Muslim states

They aren’t

Need a calculator?

iu

Fascists. Such cat toys.

What do I win?

You asked the question

He made you eat it

His answer revealed him to be a fool, and possibly a marxist.

The world would not be a better place with either a more powerful Nazi Germany, or a more powerful Soviet Union (in history).

That you see that as a win for him, just shows how deluded you are.
You are moving the goalposts again
You asked what would have happened if we didn’t join the war

He told you

No dichotomy there.

Once again you flaunt your lack of knowledge about American History
Blacks were over represented in combat during Vietnam
Seems they didn’t have a doctor on the payroll to claim they had heel spurs

Don't tell me, tell Ali.

Dont have to

He handled the issue quite well

No dichotomy there.

Thank you for admitting that the religious objections were bullshit.

He should have done more time.
So sad for you...at the end, he was considered an American hero for standing up for his convictions....something trumpanzees just don't understand....they have no role model for that.

Forum List

Back