Even higher death toll than in Paris

[
I'm not speaking British english cave chimp. I'm speaking ebonics. Booty call is a Black phrase. ... snip ...

Sorry, but it was white people who came up with the term "booty".
Don't you ever get tired of making yourself look stupid?

Online Etymology Dictionary

booty (n.)
"plunder, gain, profit," mid-15c., from Old French butin "booty" (14c.), from a Germanic source akin to Middle Low German bute "exchange." Influenced in form and sense by boot (n.2) and in form by nouns ending in -y. Meaning "female body considered as a sex object" is 1920s, African-American vernacular.

You cut out the word "is" there. What OED actually says is:

"Meaning "female body considered as a sex object" is 1920s, African-American vernacular."

-- which means it's an aside on the more recent use (1920s) --- as opposed to the original use (mid-15th century) -- which is several centuries older.

So you're wrong, he's right.

"Meaning "female body considered as a sex object" is 1920s, African-American vernacular."

-- which means it's an aside on the more recent use (1920s) --- as opposed to the original use (mid-15th century) -- which is several centuries older.

No I'm not wrong. The term in question is "booty call" not just "booty" for starters. The term "booty".was used by Blacks first in reference to the female body. "Booty call" is a continuation of that term. The word "booty" as used by whites had nothing to do with the female body.

No I'm not wrong. The term in question is "booty call" not just "booty" for starters. The term "booty".was used by Blacks first in reference to the female body. "Booty call" is a continuation of that term. The word "booty" as used by whites had nothing to do with the female body.

Correct. But what he said was:

So he's right, you're wrong.

Correct. But what he said was:

So he's right, you're wrong.
He is not right he is deflecting. Black people came up with the word "booty" to describe a female body part. It is derived from Djibouti in Ethiopia which is as old as the land of Punt. So I'm right and he is wrong. Dont tell me the cons have converted you into using their form of logic?

Last edited:
And yet when this happened it didn't make front page news and outrage

(this is not to lessen what happened in Paris)

Kenya attack: 147 dead in Garissa University assault

At least 147 people, mostly students, have been killed in an assault by al-Shabab militants on a university in north-eastern Kenya.

Heavily armed attackers stormed Garissa University early on Thursday, killing two security guards then firing indiscriminately on students.

Four of the gunman were eventually surrounded in a dormitory, and died when their suicide vests detonated.

It is the deadliest attack yet by al-Shabab.

Kenya attack: 147 dead in Garissa University assault - BBC News

Muslim nutjobs don't care what race you are. So whats your point? I wonder why Obama didn't mention this? His fathers home country and all:dunno:

It is derived from Djibouti in Ethiopia which is as old as the land of Punt

Where do you get this derivation?
A friend of mine that is from Eritrea.

hmmm... I'm skeptical. Just doesn't smell right.

This page suggests it's a corruption of botty (buttocks, Brit slang) and Dictionary.com suggests it's possibly derived from "body". Can't think of any reason it should be associated with Djibouti though.

This page suggests it's a corruption of botty (buttocks, Brit slang) and Dictionary.com suggests it's possibly derived from "body". Can't think of any reason it should be associated with Djibouti though.
Thats ok. You may have a little white superiority complex working there. When white people disagree they tend to cite what other white people say. I tend to believe what Black people say since whites have been caught altering history more times than can be counted.

Thats ok. You may have a little white superiority complex working there. When white people disagree they tend to cite what other white people say. I tend to believe what Black people say since whites have been caught altering history more times than can be counted.

Don't start playing that shit with me. I quoted a web page; I neither know nor care about the races of the people who put it together or researched it. My interest is etymological. I just see no evidence or indication of any reason it would be connected to Djibouti, other than as a lame joke, which is what I suspect this was. "I talked to a guy" just doesn't cut it as evidence of origin. So without some reasoning behind it, I'm not buying.

I mean just flesh it out --- what the hell is significant about Djibouti? It has no particular connection with this country or its culture -- most of us, regardless of race, couldn't even find it on a map. I think this guy was giving you dry humor.

BUT -- while we're on the topic of black vernacular --- tell me what you know about the "Georgia brown". This is something I've heard but can't find on the internet....

Don't start playing that shit with me. I quoted a web page; I neither know nor care about the races of the people who put it together or researched it. My interest is etymological. I just see no evidence or indication of any reason it would be connected to Djibouti, other than as a lame joke, which is what I suspect this was. "I talked to a guy" just doesn't cut it as evidence of origin. So without some reasoning behind it, I'm not buying.

I mean just flesh it out --- what the hell is significant about Djibouti? It has no particular connection with this country or its culture -- most of us, regardless of race, couldn't even find it on a map. I think this guy was giving you dry humor.

BUT -- while we're on the topic of black vernacular --- tell me what you know about the "Georgia brown". This is something I've heard but can't find on the internet....
This is why I like you Pogo. You give me shit right back. :laugh:

Never heard of "Georgia brown" that I can recall. I have heard of Mississippi Black snake. Give me some context.

This is why I like you Pogo. You give me shit right back. :laugh:

Never heard of "Georgia brown" that I can recall. I have heard of Mississippi Black snake. Give me some context.

:beer: Glad you know how to take it the right way bruh. :thup:

That's why I let it out periodically, so this shit doesn't bottle up.

Maybe I'll start a thread about Georgia brown, just to see if anyone ever heard what I heard, or if the source I heard it from was unreliable. I don't want to give any hints but the meaning I'm looking for is not a woman's name, and the song title made out of it would have been, shall we say, a clever clandestine code .... :)

I'll go start a thread and open it up with no hints. If nobody corroborates what I heard I'll spill the beans.

EDIT -- thread launched here.

Last edited:
And yet when this happened it didn't make front page news and outrage

(this is not to lessen what happened in Paris)

Kenya attack: 147 dead in Garissa University assault

At least 147 people, mostly students, have been killed in an assault by al-Shabab militants on a university in north-eastern Kenya.

Heavily armed attackers stormed Garissa University early on Thursday, killing two security guards then firing indiscriminately on students.

Four of the gunman were eventually surrounded in a dormitory, and died when their suicide vests detonated.

It is the deadliest attack yet by al-Shabab.

Kenya attack: 147 dead in Garissa University assault - BBC News

11yo female suicide bomber just the other day too in Nigeria.

Forum List

Back