Even I can't believe this.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
EPA Gutting Rule Credited With Coal-plant Toxic Air Cleanup

"The Trump administration is gutting an Obama-era rule that compelled coal plants to cut back emissions of mercury and other human health hazards, limiting future regulation of air pollutants by petroleum and coal plants.

Environmental Protection Agency chief Andrew Wheeler, a former coal lobbyist whose clients have gotten many of the regulatory rollbacks they asked for from the Trump administration, was set to announce the final version of the weakened rule later Thursday."
......................................................................................................................
I thought I had lost the ability to be shocked by the affirmative steps taken by this admin to harm the environment and the public's health. I was wrong.

Nothing like taking advantage of a crisis. This is unbelievable.

"The Trump administration is gutting an Obama-era rule that compelled coal plants to cut back emissions of mercury and other human health hazards, limiting future regulation of air pollutants by petroleum and coal plants.

Environmental Protection Agency chief Andrew Wheeler, a former coal lobbyist whose clients have gotten many of the regulatory rollbacks they asked for from the Trump administration, was set to announce the final version of the weakened rule later Thursday."
......................................................................................................................
I thought I had lost the ability to be shocked by the affirmative steps taken by this admin to harm the environment and the public's health. I was wrong.

.....I thought I had lost the ability to be shocked by the TDS of USMB members...I was wrong
..the environment is fine---the Earth is fine.....you want to fk people over by getting their jobs gone ....

I can believe it. Republicans may have kick started environmental movement and created the EPA, but today's Republicans only care about making it cheaper and easier to pass the costs of their business interests to the rest of society. Externalizing business costs if a proven method to keep your cleanup expense low to nonexistent, if you can lobby for an exemption, or to get a rule overturned entirely.

Cleaning emissions is beyond easy and has zero costs attached. It's up to citizens to be watchdogs and whistleblowers.

All new coal fired generation plants are cleaner in particulate emissions than the air you breath in your home. Current scrubbing technologies remove 99.998% of all particulates. This means there is no mercury coming from these plants any more. Its amazing how ill informed the left is on these subjects.

Last edited:
Yeah people in some states are experiencing first hand how unchecked power is always overreaching. So people in states like Michigan will have a different understanding reading TRUMP rolling back unnecessary regulations.

All new coal fired generation plants are cleaner in particulate emissions than the air you breath in your home. Current scrubbing technologies remove 99.998% of all particulates. This means there is no mercury coming from these plants any more. Its amazing how ill informed the left is on these subjects.

What about old coal power plants? ... how about old cement plants? ... how about a citation that scrubbing mercury vapor is easy would be fine ...

Uh, not really-

FACT SHEET
Mercury and Air Toxics Standards for Power Plants: Revised Supplemental Finding and Residual Risk and Technology Review Final Rule
• On April 16, 2020, EPA completed a reconsideration of the appropriate and necessary finding for the Mercury and Air Toxics Standards (MATS), correcting flaws in the approach to considering costs and benefits while ensuring that hazardous air pollutant (HAP) emissions from power plants continue to be appropriately controlled.
• Under this action, no more mercury or any other hazardous air pollutant will be emitted into the air than before. EPA is maintaining its mercury and air toxics emissions standards as Administrator Wheeler announced nearly a year ago.
• EPA is not removing coal- and oil-fired power plants from the list of affected source categories for regulation under section 112 of the Clean Air Act (CAA), so MATS remains in effect.

Not surprised. They are also pushing to detain immigrant children in border patrol facilities for longer rather than let them go with sponsers. Effing regressives.

Not surprised. They are also pushing to detain immigrant children in border patrol facilities for longer rather than let them go with sponsers. Effing regressives.
Link? And note my post above for the truth of the topic.

We need to focus on the real pollution, California's toxic dumps of Mercury in the water supply. Human waste all over sidewalks. The hundreds of millions of gallons of raw untreated sewage Dem cities are spilling into rivers and oceans. You know, real pollution.

TDS thread 1,395.

Just 5 more.

Where is Billy000

Reported anonymously, and used the word supposedly, yet politico admits to this-
HHS said there are no policy changes to announce at the refugee office.

So, sounds like another case of faux outrage over something that is not happening. When there is proof, then real outrage can ensue. Otherwise much ado about an imagined possibility.

Last edited:

Democrats have used the epa and osha to control millions of Americans.. END IT

What about old coal power plants? ... how about old cement plants? ... how about a citation that scrubbing mercury vapor is easy would be fine ...
Take a few minuets and learn about where the technology came from. This was first used in our Chemical Munitions Disposal Plant at Tooele Army Depot, South Area also know known as the Desert Chemical Munitions Storage Area. The CAMDS site was where we destroyed 80% of the US chemical and biological stock piles. That technology was employed by the DOE in our power plants to remove particulate emissions in the late 70's early 80's to stop acid rain.

I worked here and the Dugway Proving grounds years ago..

Forum List

Back