Even I can't believe this.

EPA Gutting Rule Credited With Coal-plant Toxic Air Cleanup

"The Trump administration is gutting an Obama-era rule that compelled coal plants to cut back emissions of mercury and other human health hazards, limiting future regulation of air pollutants by petroleum and coal plants.

Environmental Protection Agency chief Andrew Wheeler, a former coal lobbyist whose clients have gotten many of the regulatory rollbacks they asked for from the Trump administration, was set to announce the final version of the weakened rule later Thursday."
......................................................................................................................
I thought I had lost the ability to be shocked by the affirmative steps taken by this admin to harm the environment and the public's health. I was wrong.

Nothing like taking advantage of a crisis. This is unbelievable.
That was just another Obama reg designed to gut the coal industry. Coal fired power plants are extremely clean these days. There is no statistical data that shows anyone become ill because they live near a coal fired power plant.

The proposal Friday from the Environmental Protection Agency challenges the basis for the Obama regulation. It calculates that the crackdown on mercury and other toxins from coal plants produced only a few million dollars a year in measurable health benefits and was not "appropriate and necessary"—a legal benchmark under the country's landmark Clean Air Act
That was just another Obama reg designed to reduce pollutants like mercury from being emitted to to the environment.........and reducing greenhouse gases causing climate change.

"The Trump administration is gutting an Obama-era rule that compelled coal plants to cut back emissions of mercury and other human health hazards, limiting future regulation of air pollutants by petroleum and coal plants.

Environmental Protection Agency chief Andrew Wheeler, a former coal lobbyist whose clients have gotten many of the regulatory rollbacks they asked for from the Trump administration, was set to announce the final version of the weakened rule later Thursday."
......................................................................................................................
I thought I had lost the ability to be shocked by the affirmative steps taken by this admin to harm the environment and the public's health. I was wrong.

I can believe it. Republicans may have kick started environmental movement and created the EPA, but today's Republicans only care about making it cheaper and easier to pass the costs of their business interests to the rest of society. Externalizing business costs if a proven method to keep your cleanup expense low to nonexistent, if you can lobby for an exemption, or to get a rule overturned entirely.
Consumers always pay the cost of environmental regulations, and environmental wackos want to drive those costs into the stratosphere. EPA regulations state that the cost of a regulation has to be lower than the cost of the pollution it eliminates. The days when it could do that are long gone.
I do not mind, when paying for a product that the price covers the cost of preventing damage to the environment. I do not like it when it is no longer paid for and I suffer putting up with their pollution, whether I purchased their product or not. Passing the cost on to all Americans for the pollution costs of a business is externalizing their costs, so they can have a higher profit, due to sticking environmental costs out to the public, even though their product and business profits do not benefit all Americans.
The issue is not whether it gets paid for. The issue is whether the price is 10 times or 100 times higher than it needs to be. Assholes like you don't give a damn how much of a burden you impose on consumers. Your "cost is no obstacle" attitude towards regulation will drive us all into the poor house. If the price of gas went to $10/gal you would be one of the loudest complainers. You would be accusing those greedy capitalists of robbery. However, all intelligent people know that dumbasses like you are the reason for high prices.
Talk about over simplifing to the point of nonsense! We should do what it takes to be competitive here. It is not like they are smarter than Americans and we just are too stupid to redesign, retool manufacture and compete. That thinking is for anit-American losers. As for $10.00 /gal gas, we did not outsource the oil and gas industry, which is why we are number 1 or 2 in the world, even though we have less to pump.
Who is "they?" How are we going to be competitive when morons like you are trying to impose crippling environmental regulations on our industry? You and your fellow morons want to outlaw fracking, which is the only reason gas didn't go to $10/gal.

You are too stupid for words.

Here's a clue for you, moron: manufacturers pass all their costs onto consumers. Who else do you imagine can pay for them? When you increase their costs, you increase the price the consumer pays.
You are trying to throw up a strawman of $10.00 / Gallon gasoline in this country and you call me stupid? Kiss off little guy. Couldn't sell lemonade competively to your little sister.

I can believe it. Republicans may have kick started environmental movement and created the EPA, but today's Republicans only care about making it cheaper and easier to pass the costs of their business interests to the rest of society. Externalizing business costs if a proven method to keep your cleanup expense low to nonexistent, if you can lobby for an exemption, or to get a rule overturned entirely.
Consumers always pay the cost of environmental regulations, and environmental wackos want to drive those costs into the stratosphere. EPA regulations state that the cost of a regulation has to be lower than the cost of the pollution it eliminates. The days when it could do that are long gone.
I do not mind, when paying for a product that the price covers the cost of preventing damage to the environment. I do not like it when it is no longer paid for and I suffer putting up with their pollution, whether I purchased their product or not. Passing the cost on to all Americans for the pollution costs of a business is externalizing their costs, so they can have a higher profit, due to sticking environmental costs out to the public, even though their product and business profits do not benefit all Americans.
The issue is not whether it gets paid for. The issue is whether the price is 10 times or 100 times higher than it needs to be. Assholes like you don't give a damn how much of a burden you impose on consumers. Your "cost is no obstacle" attitude towards regulation will drive us all into the poor house. If the price of gas went to $10/gal you would be one of the loudest complainers. You would be accusing those greedy capitalists of robbery. However, all intelligent people know that dumbasses like you are the reason for high prices.
Talk about over simplifing to the point of nonsense! We should do what it takes to be competitive here. It is not like they are smarter than Americans and we just are too stupid to redesign, retool manufacture and compete. That thinking is for anit-American losers. As for $10.00 /gal gas, we did not outsource the oil and gas industry, which is why we are number 1 or 2 in the world, even though we have less to pump.
Who is "they?" How are we going to be competitive when morons like you are trying to impose crippling environmental regulations on our industry? You and your fellow morons want to outlaw fracking, which is the only reason gas didn't go to $10/gal.

You are too stupid for words.

Here's a clue for you, moron: manufacturers pass all their costs onto consumers. Who else do you imagine can pay for them? When you increase their costs, you increase the price the consumer pays.
You are trying to throw up a strawman of $10.00 / Gallon gasoline in this country and you call me stupid? Kiss off little guy. Couldn't sell lemonade competively to your little sister.
Only morons deny that environmental regulations drive up the price of products and services. They also drive production overseas. The sure sign of an environmental nutburger is the belief that regulations have no cost.

That was just another Obama reg designed to gut the coal industry. Coal fired power plants are extremely clean these days. There is no statistical data that shows anyone become ill because they live near a coal fired power plant.

The proposal Friday from the Environmental Protection Agency challenges the basis for the Obama regulation. It calculates that the crackdown on mercury and other toxins from coal plants produced only a few million dollars a year in measurable health benefits and was not "appropriate and necessary"—a legal benchmark under the country's landmark Clean Air Act
That was just another Obama reg designed to reduce pollutants like mercury from being emitted to to the environment.........and reducing greenhouse gases causing climate change.
Just another Obama regulations that would cost billions of dollars to comply with and that produced no detectable improvement in the environment or public health.

Only morons deny that environmental regulations drive up the price of products and services.
Only morons deny that Trump's policies, which result in the hastening of climate change, are costing billions...........and it only gets worse from here.

Hidden Costs of Climate Change Running Hundreds of Billions a Year

Just another Obama regulations that would cost billions of dollars to comply with and that produced no detectable improvement in the environment or public health.
Prove it, asswipe.

Only morons deny that environmental regulations drive up the price of products and services.
Only morons deny that Trump's policies, which result in the hastening of climate change, are costing billions...........and it only gets worse from here.

Hidden Costs of Climate Change Running Hundreds of Billions a Year
"Hidden costs" is a leftwing euphemism meaning "no detectable costs" or "purely imaginary costs."

"Hidden costs" is a leftwing euphemism meaning "no detectable costs" or "purely imaginary costs."
You make it too easy to humiliate you.

Climate disasters cost the world $650 billion over 3 years — Americans are bearing the brunt: Morgan Stanley

You make it too easy to humiliate you.

Climate disasters cost the world $650 billion over 3 years — Americans are bearing the brunt: Morgan Stanley
As I stated, purely imaginary costs. The theory of manmade global warming is a hoax. It's a con.

It would have resulted in no discernible improvement at an astronomical cost - typical leftwing environmental insanity.

AGW is a con. No rational person gives a shit about so-called "greenhouse gases."

As I stated, purely imaginary costs.
I know you stated it. That's why I provided links to prove you're a liar, or a fool, or both.
iu

What EPA? Trump gutted that when he appointed Crooked Snotty Pruitt who gutted it further. Looks like the coal lobbyist punk finished the job. Rump won't stop until everyone is dead but his polluting fat cat buddies.
The corona virus will take care of those old, fat, fucks.

What's the problem? A little bit of air pollution is actually fine. I remember when I was a kid, went outside and took a breath of fresh air and got a whiff of the rotten egg like smell that used to be so prevalent throughout the mighty Mahoning Valley. My old man told me that is the smell of money being made.

If America is going to resolve this economic dip, we are going to have to make a lot more money as a civilization.

What EPA? Trump gutted that when he appointed Crooked Snotty Pruitt who gutted it further. Looks like the coal lobbyist punk finished the job. Rump won't stop until everyone is dead but his polluting fat cat buddies.
The corona virus will take care of those old, fat, fucks.

It'd be a terrible thing if Donnie, Stephen Miller, Mike Pence and Fat Billy Barf caught it all at once and Nancy had to take the reigns. :cool-45:

Forum List

Back