Even if Biden wins, it doesn’t matter.

If Biden wins, what, at best will happen? A rollback of EO’s? Competent people making decisions? Rebuilding the integrity and professionalism of our battered institutions: DoJ, State Department, EPA, CDC, VOA,....

I like the way you navigated there.. LOL.. No one's worried about "what, AT BEST will happen".. If you're conscious and smart -- you're worried about what, AT WORST, will happen.. Because Biden is not strong enough or smart enough to defuse the coming battles in his OWN PARTY..

Want me to list the possibilities for ya? Or do you know what Nancy/Chuck are gonna do.. Because Nancy/Chuck don't know what they're gonna do... You place WAAY too much confidence in this crew.

So if you LIST all the major ways Trump ACTUALLY destroyed "your America" -- I'll list the ugly shit that everyone else in this country is worried about when the Dems are in charge..

One problem. Most of the things that is listed of the bad things Rump did he actually did. But ,most of the fears of what Biden will do he hasn't done yet and are probably not going to be done. As much as the Rumpsters believe, a real President just doesn't have that much power. At any time, the Congress can step in and throttle almost anything a President tries to do. I think Congress has had enough of an out of control President and will actually start doing it's job instead of one side crying about it and the other side covering for it.

it's time to start healing America. You can join in or not. Your choice.

There's no healing to be had with Progressives pushing the Left party LEFTER.. FAR MORE than the Right party is going Righter. Not even debateable.. And Biden is not strong enough or smart enough to keep them from fracturing his party..

If Trump wins, and continues his assault on long established unwritten rules of behavior and social norms what will we see coming out of this?

NOBODY has tried to CODIFY "rules of behavior and social norms" MORE then modern day Democrats. It's not even close.. What were you thinking here? The entire "political correctness" and "diversity points" paradigms are Progressive inventions and it get WORSE from there..

If Trump wins, I see a further dismantling of our nation’s democratic infrastructure and a continued decline in our image and effectiveness abroad.

You mean like herding the Middle East into a more stable and peaceful order? You mean like making us "energy independent" and nullifying the whole "blood for oil" meme?

If Biden wins, what, at best will happen? A rollback of EO’s?

I just got the biggest gift from a politician with a "phone and pen" that ANY politician in my lifetime has given me.. I just bought a LEGAL PACK of 60W incandescent lightbulbs. LONG overdue.. And now I can SEE the brick exterior of my house and the brown aggregate driveway again.. And I don't feel like a alien hostage in my own home with blueish light at night. In fact, I'm running out TOMORROW to buy a couple dozen packages to get thru Biden's "dark winter"...

If we don't AGREE on THAT EOrder-- we're certainly not gonna agree on many of the others you might have in mind...

What unwritten rules and behaviours.

Like ACTIVELY searching for a reason to impeach a sitting president.

What the FUCK.

Why would anyone care about "abroad". We've got far to many issues here to worry about.

Great example of a left winger who really has no fucking clue.

If Biden wins, what, at best will happen? A rollback of EO’s? Competent people making decisions? Rebuilding the integrity and professionalism of our battered institutions: DoJ, State Department, EPA, CDC, VOA,....

I like the way you navigated there.. LOL.. No one's worried about "what, AT BEST will happen".. If you're conscious and smart -- you're worried about what, AT WORST, will happen.. Because Biden is not strong enough or smart enough to defuse the coming battles in his OWN PARTY..

Want me to list the possibilities for ya? Or do you know what Nancy/Chuck are gonna do.. Because Nancy/Chuck don't know what they're gonna do... You place WAAY too much confidence in this crew.

So if you LIST all the major ways Trump ACTUALLY destroyed "your America" -- I'll list the ugly shit that everyone else in this country is worried about when the Dems are in charge..

One problem. Most of the things that is listed of the bad things Rump did he actually did. But ,most of the fears of what Biden will do he hasn't done yet and are probably not going to be done. As much as the Rumpsters believe, a real President just doesn't have that much power. At any time, the Congress can step in and throttle almost anything a President tries to do. I think Congress has had enough of an out of control President and will actually start doing it's job instead of one side crying about it and the other side covering for it.

There's no healing to be had with Progressives pushing the Left party LEFTER.. FAR MORE than the Right party is going Righter. Not even debateable.. And Biden is not strong enough or smart enough to keep them from fracturing his party..

Daryl Hunt is a sleazebag.

Healing = Now you start doing what I tell you....in spite of the fact that I show I have no integrity.

ROTFLMAO

The gulf is too wide between the ideologies.
That is what I fear....but there have to be some commonalities on which to build a bridge or we are doomed.
What commonalities do we, as a society, lack?

Don't cite right-wingers' misconceptions concerning liberals, African-Americans, the poor, and the many other scapegoats favored in GOP talking points.

What this election has told us, in multiple ways, is that our country has fundamentally changed and that breaks my heart.

The Republicans are entrenched. They are likely to retain control of the senate, added to their House, and retained state legislatures. They have the courts. They will control redistricting after the census and we can expect continued gerrymandering to further marginalize Democrat voting blocks, leading to more districts where a minority of the voters controls a majority of the seats. Not unique to Republicans, but increasingly utilized by them.

The Democrats have still, somehow missed the mark. Again. They can’t seem to get a message to the people that unifies. Maybe this is because Biden is not strong candidate, and Trump carries the power of the incumbency into the election. There are some bright spots, retaining seats in Texas, tight margins in some key red states.

If Trump wins, I see a further dismantling of our nation’s democratic infrastructure and a continued decline in our image and effectiveness abroad. I see complete politicization of our departments, from tiny VOA to DoJ, and entire civil service where personal loyalty is demanded over competency and professionalism. When Trump talks about reorganizing military leadership, is he attempting to politicize the military? I do not think this is hyperbole. We have been seeing this trend for four years, E.O. after E.O.

If Trump wins, and continues his assault on long established unwritten rules of behavior and social norms what will we see coming out of this? When society agrees to an unwritten set of norms and our leaders hold to it, our institutions function smoothly even with bumps and potholes. But when those potholes become so extreme they threaten the structure and people can no longer navigate, we are forced to create laws or rules we never thought would be needed. Example: media resorting to fact checking, because the volume of disinformation and political lies exceeds the ability of our society to handle, and it is coming from our leadership. I fear, if Trump is re-elected further attacks on truth, on facts, and on genuine journalism.

But Trump doesn’t need to win for this. It is already rolling down on us. If Biden wins, a huge segment of America voted for Trump. Huge! And that is dismaying and unsettling, to me, because I see this election as not about which candidate to elect, but as who we are as a country and who we want to be going forward.

If Trump wins, there is nothing to stop him from using his offfice to go after his “enemies“, every person who has ever criticized, spoken up, or gone against him and firing those who won’t do it. I think this, coming from the top of our leadership, is an existential crisis. If Biden wins....maybe the Republicans can create a better party, without Trump.

I read, somewhere, that an alarming number of people no longer feel democratic principles are so important, and that a strong (authoritarian) leader might even be preferred to the messiness and uncertainties of democratic systems. I'm trying to find links to this, because I wonder if it plays into sentiments driving our country today.

Trump won 2016 by very narrow margins. 2020 will be the same, who ever wins. Will the people win?
If Democrats weren’t so easily offended and stopped telling me that trans girls are identical to biological girls then maybe we could have a civil discussion on how to better this country. Currently you and I can barely hold a civil discussion but you want the rest of the country to fall in line. Do explain how. Thanks.

I don’t think this is about anyone falling in line.
By fall in line I mean become civil toward one another.

You and I HAVE held civil conversations. So...where does change start?
It starts by taking people who disagree with you off ignore on this site. It starts with more listening and less talking. It starts with us trying our best not to be offensive but trying 10x harder not to be offended. Racial jokes are funny. Religious jokes are funny. Sex jokes are funny. Allow America to be funny again without feeling guilty about it. Lastly, it starts with the Left halting its divisive rhetoric that this country is systematically racist, was built on racism and taking down statues of our founding fathers.

Again...I wish I had the “informative rating back.

We have gone from a society where we had a socially agreed upon code of behavior, called manners, that laid out how we were expected to behave - to a society where anything goes in the name of free speech, where we have a right to offend and by consequence a right to not be offended. I don’t know how you fix that.
You fix it by getting rid of the ignore on this site to begin with. If someone is so easily offended then they should leave this site or have the MODs ban the person they are offended by. Echo chambers don’t work. We have gone at one another pretty heavily and yet I would never even consider putting you on ignore.

I've been here over 8 years and my ignore list is as blank today as the day I signed up and has never been populated.

Even if Biden wins, it doesn’t matter.

Not true! It matters a lot. There is much that President Biden can do - even without the Senate. At least Adolf Trump will be gone! AG Barr and all the NaziCon sycophants will also be gone!

Last edited:
I'm not going to bother reading your long winded marxist drivel but I will say of course it will matter if Beijing Biden wins. When tens of millions, if not more, Americans can see the Dem machine absolutely cheat their way to a victory, it matters. When we know your guy is sold out to the Chinese & anybody else for a buck, it matters.
When they try to expand on their insane racist/fascist agenda, limit our 2nd Amendment rights, raise out taxes, order lockdowns, mandates & ship industries abroad again, it matters.
Try taking off your emo goggles & realize to many Americans, just the fact you all think you are entitled to continue with your lies, corruption, censorship & fraud, it absolutely matters
^^^ this 100%

Oh STFU both of you. You want to know why the US is going down the shitter? Go look in the mirror. Fucking Fake News acolytes. Both of you. Fucking morons.

You need a tissue ?

You thought we'd ignore the way you've treated us the last four years ?

Go fuck yourself long and hard.

What this election has told us, in multiple ways, is that our country has fundamentally changed and that breaks my heart.

The Republicans are entrenched. They are likely to retain control of the senate, added to their House, and retained state legislatures. They have the courts. They will control redistricting after the census and we can expect continued gerrymandering to further marginalize Democrat voting blocks, leading to more districts where a minority of the voters controls a majority of the seats. Not unique to Republicans, but increasingly utilized by them.

The Democrats have still, somehow missed the mark. Again. They can’t seem to get a message to the people that unifies. Maybe this is because Biden is not strong candidate, and Trump carries the power of the incumbency into the election. There are some bright spots, retaining seats in Texas, tight margins in some key red states.

If Trump wins, I see a further dismantling of our nation’s democratic infrastructure and a continued decline in our image and effectiveness abroad. I see complete politicization of our departments, from tiny VOA to DoJ, and entire civil service where personal loyalty is demanded over competency and professionalism. When Trump talks about reorganizing military leadership, is he attempting to politicize the military? I do not think this is hyperbole. We have been seeing this trend for four years, E.O. after E.O.

If Trump wins, and continues his assault on long established unwritten rules of behavior and social norms what will we see coming out of this? When society agrees to an unwritten set of norms and our leaders hold to it, our institutions function smoothly even with bumps and potholes. But when those potholes become so extreme they threaten the structure and people can no longer navigate, we are forced to create laws or rules we never thought would be needed. Example: media resorting to fact checking, because the volume of disinformation and political lies exceeds the ability of our society to handle, and it is coming from our leadership. I fear, if Trump is re-elected further attacks on truth, on facts, and on genuine journalism.

But Trump doesn’t need to win for this. It is already rolling down on us. If Biden wins, a huge segment of America voted for Trump. Huge! And that is dismaying and unsettling, to me, because I see this election as not about which candidate to elect, but as who we are as a country and who we want to be going forward.

If Trump wins, there is nothing to stop him from using his offfice to go after his “enemies“, every person who has ever criticized, spoken up, or gone against him and firing those who won’t do it. I think this, coming from the top of our leadership, is an existential crisis. If Biden wins....maybe the Republicans can create a better party, without Trump.

I read, somewhere, that an alarming number of people no longer feel democratic principles are so important, and that a strong (authoritarian) leader might even be preferred to the messiness and uncertainties of democratic systems. I'm trying to find links to this, because I wonder if it plays into sentiments driving our country today.

Trump won 2016 by very narrow margins. 2020 will be the same, who ever wins. Will the people win?
If Democrats weren’t so easily offended and stopped telling me that trans girls are identical to biological girls then maybe we could have a civil discussion on how to better this country. Currently you and I can barely hold a civil discussion but you want the rest of the country to fall in line. Do explain how. Thanks.

It starts by taking people who disagree with you off ignore on this site. It starts with more listening and less talking. It starts with us trying our best not to be offensive but trying 10x harder not to be offended. Racial jokes are funny. Religious jokes are funny. Sex jokes are funny. Allow America to be funny again without feeling guilty about it. Lastly, it starts with the Left halting its divisive rhetoric that this country is systematically racist, was built on racism and taking down statues of our founding fathers.

We have gone from a society where we had a socially agreed upon code of behavior, called manners, that laid out how we were expected to behave - to a society where anything goes in the name of free speech, where we have a right to offend and by consequence a right to not be offended. I don’t know how you fix that.
You fix it by getting rid of the ignore on this site to begin with. If someone is so easily offended then they should leave this site or have the MODs ban the person they are offended by. Echo chambers don’t work. We have gone at one another pretty heavily and yet I would never even consider putting you on ignore.

I've been here over 8 years and my ignore list is as blank today as the day I signed up and has never been populated.

I've ignored someone for being relentlessly insulting. Who needs that kind of negativity. But never for having a view different from my own.

I've ignored someone for being relentlessly insulting. Who needs that kind of negativity. But never for having a view different from my own.

I've had folks try to insult me, I just consider the source and laugh. You can't dictate how other people act, but you can dictate how you respond. Like they say, it's mind over matter, if you don't mind, it don't matter.

I've had folks try to insult me, I just consider the source and laugh. You can't dictate how other people act, but you can dictate how you respond. Like they say, it's mind over matter, if you don't mind, it don't matter.

I have little use for trolls. I'm here for the conversation and debate. If all someone has to offer is name calling and insults, they go away.

Its rare, but it happens.

And as an aside, goddamn I miss Texas barbeque. I've been craving brisket from Blacks or The Salt Lick like they slipped crack cocaine into the dry rub.

I have little use for trolls. I'm here for the conversation and debate. If all someone has to offer is name calling and insults, they go away.

Its rare, but it happens.

Just give as good as you get, that's what I do. But if some jackass goes outside the board rules, I will report them in a heartbeat and it doesn't matter if they're right or left.

You been repeating the Party of the Rump mantra. We can understand that for now. It's only been a day.

And as an aside, goddamn I miss Texas barbeque. I've been craving brisket from Blacks or The Salt Lick like they slipped crack cocaine into the dry rub.

I'm thinking of smoking some brisket next weekend, but I cheat, I use an electric smoker.

I don’t know...but this election, tbe historically huge turn out, what does that say about the people?

I think it says that people are committed.

The reality is, Democrats since 1996 have gotten between 48% to 53% of the vote. Republicans get between 43% to 51% of the vote. The only time parties end up below these numbers is if a Third Party messes it up. This time the split is 51-48.

I give Trump some credit for having a good GOTV operation.

Both sides increased their RAW number of votes. This is partially because there were less people voting third party this time, but also because it was a lot easier to vote, and people were more motivated to do so.

Every problem discussed here would be solved if we began to value education and critical thinking skills. Then as Hannah Arendt tells us, we’d collectively work toward what is in the best interests of ourselves AND others.

When OANN is considered to be a viable member of the 4th estate by the leader of the free world, we have a long way to go.

One large Problem with that -
is that the institutions that we have empowered to teach education are absolutely against teaching critical thinking.

I don’t know...but this election, tbe historically huge turn out, what does that say about the people?

I think it says that people are committed.

The reality is, Democrats since 1996 have gotten between 48% to 53% of the vote. Republicans get between 43% to 51% of the vote. The only time parties end up below these numbers is if a Third Party messes it up. This time the split is 51-48.

I give Trump some credit for having a good GOTV operation.

Both sides increased their RAW number of votes. This is partially because there were less people voting third party this time, but also because it was a lot easier to vote, and people were more motivated to do so.

The reason that there are so many votes is that a goodly number of them are fraudulent
That's not even in question.

There is little difference between the two parties. Their main concerns are satisfying their donors...the big corporations and billionaires.
Yawn. This tired and trite cliché has completely run it’s course.

That is literally as stupid as saying “there is little difference between a trans woman and an actual woman”. The differences in the two parties are monumental. Just stop your “ironic hipster outsider” nonsense. :rolleyes:

Thank you.

the people havent won in quite a while.....

THE ONLY HUGE TURN OUT FOR BIDEN WAS MILLIONS OF FAKE VOTES FOR HIM, WHILE THE TRUMP POLLSTERS WERE BLOCKED OUT.

To this point -
President Trump didn't beat back four years of repeated coup attempts to just let the election be stolen.

Forum List

Back