Even if burglar threatens you with gun, you can't shoot back

You are awfully quick with the "liberal lie" charge.

Police conducted a seven month investigation into this..

I've seen men get shot and continue to run for quite a distance.

Especially with a pussy-assed .38 and a hyped-up, frightened, adrenaline-filled young man.

Who's to say the good guy didn't shoot the dimocrap thief on his own property and the thief ran into the neighbor's yard?

I hope the defense Attorney has a brain. :dunno:

Like I said, in Florida the worst the good guy would get is a $20 fine for littering.

Hence why he is being charged and there will a trial where the evidence is laid out and then his peers will decide if he broke the law and is guilty of the charges, or if his story of self defense holds up in court.

Innocent until proven guilty.

My rebuttal is in the way these news stories in the OP leads to false assumptions and uses the lie of omission to stir people up about something not worth more than a casual conversation soundbite at best.

If that was actually your fucking rebuttal you would have provided a link to back up the claims you made in the first place.

I've seen men get shot and continue to run for quite a distance.

Especially with a pussy-assed .38 and a hyped-up, frightened, adrenaline-filled young man.

Who's to say the good guy didn't shoot the dimocrap thief on his own property and the thief ran into the neighbor's yard?

I hope the defense Attorney has a brain. :dunno:

Like I said, in Florida the worst the good guy would get is a $20 fine for littering.

Hence why he is being charged and there will a trial where the evidence is laid out and then his peers will decide if he broke the law and is guilty of the charges, or if his story of self defense holds up in court.

Innocent until proven guilty.

My rebuttal is in the way these news stories in the OP leads to false assumptions and uses the lie of omission to stir people up about something not worth more than a casual conversation soundbite at best.

with a seven month investigation my guess would be that they have some good evidence to lock this guy up. There is no good reason IMHO to shot someone in the back as they run away.

How about this, he actually shot when he the guy brandished the pistol, missed, and hit somebody in the yard.

It's going to be so great when this place falls apart and unarmed New Yorkers mowed down like cattle by the bad guys and the supposed good guys. Couldn't happen to a better state. Probably more nuclear firepower aimed at that colossal shit hole than any place on earth. Good times.

It would be dandy if you responded to what I wrote instead of what you think I wrote.

For example, I wrote the following: "Sure reeks of political motivation on the part of the DA since they seem to have brought up the seemingly immaterial criminal record of the accused....why is it valid?"

I agree, it seems really strange that it took 7 months to bring charges--there is some ulterior motive behind this it would appear.

As for "what bothers me"...nothing particularly about this case outside of the political nature of the charges... I can't say that I wouldn't have done the same thing. Maybe in "gun owner's class" (if there is such a thing), they need to go over the do's and don'ts???

So if we agree what is the point of contention?

I'm not sure we have one....

I think that the shooter is very likely guilty of reckless endangerment if he's firing into someone else's backyard as (if he had a shotgun), he's definitely possibly endangering others. The DA shouldn't be going for manslaughter based on what I know from the news reports I have seen. That is not only stigmatizing to the accused but it is going to be damn hard to prove given that, I believe, many would have acted the same way. As you said...are you going to wait for them to come back?

You're bringing up Trayvon Martin seems to be pretty idiotic; maybe it was brought up by others first though...I saw TM was on this thread so it's more than likely you were talking to him/her/it. I have him/her/it on ignore.

I don't. She sometimes provides a little comic-relief.

Cool. But this isn't about florida law. Which, I'm sure has its own trials and tribulations.

No, it is about right and wrong. Until cops get in trouble for doing this, I will oppose any prosecution of civilians for the same thing.

Last edited:
Then he lives in the wrong State.

In Florida, if the burglar/robber has your personal property you are allowed to chase him and use whatever force is necessary to retrieve your property.

If I were chasing him and shot him, I PROMISE you, they would find my personal property on him.

See, people.... Even living in a dimocrap State is bad for you.

You need to think about that.

There are reasons that a sane state like New York prohibits you from wildly firing at people running away.

1. They no longer pose a threat to you.
2. Recovering property is not a justification for killing a human being.
3. You may injure or kill people not at all involved in any crime.

Yet cops do it all the time.

Until you, personally, insist that every single cop who ever shoots anyone who is unarmed and/or running away, don't try to use the fact that the law treats civilians differently as an excuse to dump on people just because you are afraid of guns.

Cops are investigated after every discharge of their weapon.

There are reasons that a sane state like New York prohibits you from wildly firing at people running away.

Until you, personally, insist that every single cop who ever shoots anyone who is unarmed and/or running away, don't try to use the fact that the law treats civilians differently as an excuse to dump on people just because you are afraid of guns.

Cops are investigated after every discharge of their weapon.

Yeah, right.

How often have you heard "He followed procedure" before the investigation even gets started. Until cops that shoot unarmed people are actually prosecuted every single time, even if they "thought" the suspect had a gun, I will oppose civilians getting in trouble for doing the same thing. The reason for that is pretty simple, I support the rule of law, not allowing some people to be above the law.

The problem with this story, if you get the whole story, is that he chased the burglar down and shot him in the back OFF his property. THAT is why he was charged. The headline I got on the story was that he shot him in self defense. Then when they went into the details, you realize he was chased down the street and shot.

It is amazing that you are aware of facts that aren't even in the story, all without providing a link. Then again, you always think cops who shoot are right, and that people who do the exact same thing in the exact same circumstances are wrong. Since you don't actually believe in the rule of law, I am not surprised that you always have details that make civilians look bad, but refuse to accept absolute proof that a cop is.

I provided a link, Dullard. And you have no proof that I think cops are always right. Are you going for the biggest Dullard Award this Monday?

Cool. But this isn't about florida law. Which, I'm sure has its own trials and tribulations.

No, it is about right and wrong. Until cops get in trouble for doing this, I will oppose any prosecution of civilians for the same thing.

No, it's actually about a NY man who shot a burglar off his property and is now facing trial for homicide and is claiming self defense. Florida law is in no way relevant to the discussion.

No, it's actually about a NY man who shot a burglar off his property and is now facing trial for homicide and is claiming self defense. Florida law is in no way relevant to the discussion.

Like the NYC cops that shot 5 or 6 innocent bystanders?

See my point yet, asshole?

No, you seem to just fly-off the handle with a lot of moronic assertions. I don't think you have a point, Dullard.

Are you going to sit there and tell me that we were not told the whole story by the OP? I'm stunned. :eek:

Forced vacations (I was over my max hours at work) suck but they allow you to do some research into the topic. Dude was blasted away in a neighbor's yard. At the end of the day, I wish the prosecutors would have taken the 7 months between act and indictment and charged the guy with reckless endangerment or something like that. If he was a criminal trying to break into your house...he's a man that needed to be slaughtered IMHO. Manslaughter seems to be too much of a charge for the act.

How long did he pursue the attempted robber?
I understand it was in a neighbor's yard...was it an adjacent neighbor's yard?
If it was so cut and dried, why didn't police charge him the night of the shooting?
Sure reeks of political motivation on the part of the DA since they seem to have brought up the seemingly immaterial criminal record of the accused....why is it valid?

I guess we need to watch and wait.

How do you know he wasn't shot in the victim's yard and kept running until he reached the neighbor's yard.

I've seen it.

All you see is Television. Men don't always go down when they're hit by a bullet.

In fact, they seldom go down right away.

If they're psyched-up, pumped-up, adrenaline-flowing.... They can run for a LONG ways before they collapse.

All bullets do is cause to bleed out. Unless the bullet hits the heart or the brain, it takes time to bleed out. Sometimes enough time that he can cover a hundred yards or more.

Let those of us who know what we're talking about hash this out. Which excludes dimocraps

You can make us all sandwiches if you would, please

Wait, what?

Depending on the type of gun and the caliber of the bullet..they can do very little damage, like a .22 or a LOT of damage like .500.

Bullets can destroy organs, sever arteries, break bone and alot of other "fun" stuff.

That's what I heard on 1010WINS.

In New York State, that's a crime.

In Florida, if the burglar/robber has your personal property you are allowed to chase him and use whatever force is necessary to retrieve your property.

If I were chasing him and shot him, I PROMISE you, they would find my personal property on him.

I remember when cops would help you drag the guy you shot inside in order to make sure the assholes DA couldn't charge you with murder for shooing a burglar outside.

They also took bribes, carried around "snowflakes" (untraceable guns) to drop on bad shootings, beat the crap out of people to get "confessions", got freebies from hookers, were part time mob enforcers and shook down store owners for stuff.

Those days are over.

I remember when cops would help you drag the guy you shot inside in order to make sure the assholes DA couldn't charge you with murder for shooing a burglar outside.

They also took bribes, carried around "snowflakes" (untraceable guns) to drop on bad shootings, beat the crap out of people to get "confessions", got freebies from hookers, were part time mob enforcers and shook down store owners for stuff.

Those days are over.

:lmao:

No they are not.

No they don't.

Shootings by the police are really rare in NYC and NY state.

Most police never fire their weapons outside the range.

No they don't.

Shootings by the police are really rare in NYC and NY state.

Most police never fire their weapons outside the range.

What?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/20/n...atal-shootings-by-new-york-officers.html?_r=0

Report Documents a Rise in Fatal Shootings by New York City’s Police Officers

In 2012, city police officers shot and killed 16 people, an increase from nine in 2011 and the highest number seen during the Bloomberg administration, according to the report. Thirteen officers were wounded by gunfire in the line of duty in 2012, a number not reached since the late 1990s; none died.

People are so full of shit on either side here it's like hanging out in a cow pasture.

Those days are over.

:lmao:

No they are not.

They pretty much are..

Knapp Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've had a lot of friends that were cops and nearly became one myself. I took the test and scored very high.

There's still some corruption, its a large force.

But it's relatively rare.

No, you seem to just fly-off the handle with a lot of moronic assertions. I don't think you have a point, Dullard.

The fact that you cannot comprehend my chain of thought, even when I specifically spell it out, does not mean I do not have a point.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean-debate-zone/328389-lets-talk-about-gun-control.html

Those days are over.

They still do all of that, and they even steal and deal drugs, what's your point?

Forum List

Back